PDA

View Full Version : Tinsley was amazing tonight

Unclebuck
11-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Just got back from the game, wow that was a fun game to watch.

Tinsley was the best player on the court tonight, he dominated the game. But I found it very interesting to watch Tinsley tonight. Sure he played great, but because of the injuries and suspensions, Tinsley was allowed to control the whole game. He was allowed to play a controlled "street game".

Tinsley always had great hands, but this season his legs are in great shpae so now he can get close to the ball and if he does he will come up with steals.

I hate to say this, but I was thinking about this while sitting at the game, just a thought, then I'll get back to the game. Might there be a little closure on the whole Artest factor. What I mean is the players don't have to walk on egg shells or have to worry about what Artest might do next. Maybe they are more relaxed, and they can bond as a team a little easier. Just a theory, I don't know if I really believe it, but thought I would throw it out there. Anti-Artest people don't get all excited.

I learned a lot about James Jones tonight. He is an excellent rebounder. he is only an average athlete, but he is a good defender, he did a good job on Pierce. We know he can shoot. No question about that. But he had trouble finishing inside, and does not have great leaping ability.

Man, Tinsley was impressive tonight. Interesting to see what he can do with a green light.

That is enough for now.

Another inspiring game.

Great comments by Carlisle after the game, saying that Indiana fans don't come to see the stars, but they come to see the game of basketball.

Pollard after a slow start really helped

Outlaw
11-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Don't forget about Pollard had a great game considering He had not played in a while.

Truely that was TEAM basketball with different guys stepping up at different times in the game.

SoupIsGood
11-23-2004, 10:35 PM
I agree with the thing about Ron. It had to end sometime, we might as well get used to life without Ron now. And become a TEAM.

Hicks
11-23-2004, 10:37 PM
I agree with the thing about Ron. It had to end sometime, we might as well get used to life without Ron now. And become a TEAM.

Yes.

rushmore
11-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Two quotes from tonight stuck out with me:
Clark and Al saying that the Pacers are so deep that even their bench has a bench;
and Carlisle saying that this squad will give maximum effort every night, but if it's only great effort without a payoff, it can never last...This is the boost this squad needs.

I love the fans in Indy right now more than I ever have. It's really inspiring; and at the same time it's like flipping the bird to the NBA.
We stand behind our boys...

Suaveness
11-23-2004, 10:39 PM
No.

But I still love this team, and everyone played great. I love this team.

pb777
11-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Pollard made a BIG play by getting and winning that jump-ball. Everyone contributed tonight and played team basketball.

Tins=The Truth Even with his wrist and back injuries he still showed out. Nobody could stop him cutting down the lane.

JJ has beat all expectations. This kid is talented. I noticed as UB his inside post-up game is not great, but the kid can rebound even on the offensive boards, and his cutting skills will get better. He is getting the chance of a lifetime and proving himself. I wonder how Bender feels???

Fred banged his knee - let's hope he's ok. Solid game for Freddie tonight.

Like everyone else, I'm very excited about this new group of players getting early minutes. They are getting in shape and really building confidence which will payoff in the playoffs. I mean - JJ probably would have sat on pine all yr, he hit for 22 tonight. I bet his parents are so proud!

SoupIsGood
11-23-2004, 10:40 PM
Another quote that sticks in my mind

Ricky Davis will either shoot you in or out of the game.

Tonight, I don't think that was true. He didn't hurt or help them.

MagicRat
11-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Another inspiring game.

You were so inspired, I saw you almost stand up one time....... ;)

Where were you tonight, PB777?

ChicagoJ
11-23-2004, 10:47 PM
These guys had great composure down the stretch.

I was listening to Mark & Slick during my final approach to Greenwood during the fourth quarter, and I darn near put the Blazer in the guardrail after one of Tinsley's steals :blush:.

Nice to be back in Indy for the weekend - can't wait to see these guys play Friday.

pb777
11-23-2004, 10:49 PM
I'm there for thursday thru sunday games. I also work in FL and am usually there mon thru thurs.

MistyRo76
11-23-2004, 11:09 PM
Tinsley said after the game that he really didn't know if he was going to play tonight. He also stated that "then I said to myself, I've got to do something to help my teammate win some ball games".

Kinda indicative of the attitude of these new pacers. It's that "us and against the world" mentality. What ever helps us win some games.

Manuel
11-24-2004, 12:37 AM
Tinsley was amazing. He lead the way he is supposed to lead. I'm glad the coaches gave him the green light to shoot the ball!

Jamaal is quickly becoming my second favorite pacer.

Johnny
11-24-2004, 07:56 AM
I just wish that Tinsley would be more consistent. We have seen him absolutely dominate a couple of games playing on a different level, and then other games, he is just mediocre.

scar
11-24-2004, 08:07 AM
I kind of wish he had a better mid-range game. I think Tinsley has already surpassed Mark Jackson's Pacer days, although I'd say in Jackson's younger days, he was better than Tinsley is right now. Whether or not Tinsley improves and becomes a better player than Jackson ever was is up to Tinsley. He has shown flashes of what he could be, like tonight, putting up All-Star numbers. I don't know about you guys, but it really p*sses me off when I read some know-nothing anti-Pacer so-called NBA fan that says Tinsley is weak and before Indy has a real chance to win a title, they need a better poitn guard. Tinsley has become a very good defender, and his offensive mentality was pass first, does that make him a bad point guard if he looks to pass first? Well look at him when he shoots first... he is practically an All-Star.

diego
11-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Yes, i was at the game tonight...and i must say i am really starting to believe what JO and everyone is saying...and that is that Tinsley is the engine of this team. He his amazing. He has a great ability to finish around the hoop and his ball handling is second to none.

Doug
11-24-2004, 08:27 AM
My father-in-law was very impressed with Tinsley. Thought he was very fun to watch.

Slick Pinkham
11-24-2004, 08:41 AM
I was amazed how basically in 3 days and without Jamaal practicing they looked cohesive on both offense and defense.

Rick isn't a pick-n-roll guy, but it was a thing of beauty last night.

Boston media rip the Celtics for a lack of effort, but I thought that while the depth disparity was great, the talent gap was not.

Pollard & Harrison = Blount
Croshere = LaFrentz
Freddie = Ricky Davis and Jiri Welsch
Jamaal > Payton

Of course Pierce is the one tough matchup to overcome, and the team defense just neutralized him completely.

Great win, and Jamaal was the dominant force all game.