PDA

View Full Version : If I'm the Pacers, I refuse to go back to Detroit on March 25th

Shade
11-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Make them play it on a neutral site or at Conseco, or refuse to play. They can easily use concern for safety as a point.

sweabs
11-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Then my birthday present goes to waste :(

I have tickets right beside the gates - I was hoping to get a few autographs. Looks like that won't happen. I was hoping to wear my Pacers gear with pride...now I don't know if I want to let on I'm a Pacers fan. I don't even think I'll cheer.

Los Angeles
11-23-2004, 02:24 PM
If there is any justice at all here, I would expect Stern to clear the stands and only allow press to view the game. That's one way to punish the fans and the Detroit organization. That's happened overseas for soccer a few times.

But vendors in Detroit will lose a little money, and money is always what Stern is worried about. Don't expect this to happen.

Unclebuck
11-23-2004, 02:35 PM
I think it would be a perfect punishment for the Pistons fans, and the Pistons organization for them to move the game to Conseco. It also it is too dangerous to play in the Palace. Did you see the fight the other night.

This also rewards the Pacers fans. I think they should sell tickets for a discount. as a reward for the only truly innocent party involved in all this, the Pacers fans.

make the Pistons organization compensate the vendors lost income

Ragnar
11-23-2004, 02:37 PM
If not moved then in an empty building. On top of that if any Pacers cant play in that game then neither should Ben Wallace.

Shade
11-23-2004, 02:58 PM
I think it would be a perfect punishment for the Pistons fans, and the Pistons organization for them to move the game to Conseco. It also it is too dangerous to play in the Palace. Did you see the fight the other night.

This also rewards the Pacers fans. I think they should sell tickets for a discount. as a reward for the only truly innocent party involved in all this, the Pacers fans.

make the Pistons organization compensate the vendors lost income

I think that's a great idea, UB. :nod:

Vicious Tyrant
11-23-2004, 03:03 PM
That's a great idea. If Stern has done nothing to address player safety by then (a fair assumption, I think), the Pacers have a really strong argument here.

Shade
11-23-2004, 03:15 PM
Here's an idea. Why not have the game at the Palace, but give away free (or drastically reduced) tickets to everyone in Indy before selling any tickets to Pistons fans? Fill up 80% of the seats with Pacers fans and we'll see how rowdy those Pistons fans get. :devil:

BigMac
11-23-2004, 03:22 PM
While I say we should not go there, I know it will not happen that way.

D.W. and L.B. won't back down from a challenge and that will definitely be a challenge.

Kstat
11-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Actually, that penalty was MY idea, to begin with.

I own a good seat for that game, but I wouldn't protest if they took that game away from the fans, as a ONE-GAME punishment.

As for SAFETY concerns, however, after Christmas, I doubt Indy will be considered any more civil than Detroit.

Removing those fans from the next pacers game would be a penalty, not a safety issue.

The Pistons have pretty much proven they play better in Conseco anyway......

TheSauceMaster
11-23-2004, 03:30 PM
We have to move on someday , were gonna have to Play in the Palace again someday and I expect the security will be top notch that game.

Alabama-Redneck
11-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Then my birthday present goes to waste :(
I was hoping to wear my Pacers gear with pride...now I don't know if I want to let on I'm a Pacers fan. I don't even think I'll cheer.

With an attitude like that and making a statement about not wanting people to know you are a Pacer supporter, you obviously are nothing but a fair- weather supporter and definately not a true fan.

Kstat
11-23-2004, 03:42 PM
With an attitude like that and making a statement about not wanting people to know you are a Pacer supporter, you obviously are nothing but a fair- weather supporter and definately not a true fan.

I really hope that was in sarcasm.

Rcarey is one of the best guys on this forum. He's no less of a fan than you are.

I'm also not going to wear #32 on my back when I go to Indy in January.

However, I'm still wearing my Pistons jacket, which is my pride and joy.

Still, telling rcarey isn't a fan because he is scared for his safety is BEYOND unfair.

That said, Rcarey knows he doen't have anything to fear from us. I've assured him already. Anyone that lays a hand on him will have to answer to me.

sweabs
11-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Thanks Kstat - and for those that don't know, he's got my back :)

But in all seriousness, I am probably the furthest thing from a fair-weather fan. I don't know how you got that from my post, Alabama. I consider myself one of the most dedicated fans.

All I was implying was my concern for my own safety. I obviously don't want to rub anyone the wrong way...and usually I'm quite a loud supporter when I go to these games. So in that respect, it will be hard for me to "tone things down". My parents are actually the ones who are seriously concerned for my safety, and have voiced their concern by advising me to take things easy - and not wear something like my bright yellow Artest jersey.

But calling me a fair-weather fan...ugh...that makes me sick to my stomach.

Alabama-Redneck
11-23-2004, 04:17 PM
Thanks Kstat - and for those that don't know, he's got my back :)

But in all seriousness, I am probably the furthest thing from a fair-weather fan. I don't know how you got that from my post, Alabama. I consider myself one of the most dedicated fans.

All I was implying was my concern for my own safety. I obviously don't want to rub anyone the wrong way...and usually I'm quite a loud supporter when I go to these games. So in that respect, it will be hard for me to "tone things down". My parents are actually the ones who are seriously concerned for my safety, and have voiced their concern by advising me to take things easy - and not wear something like my bright yellow Artest jersey.

But calling me a fair-weather fan...ugh...that makes me sick to my stomach.

Rcarey, I owe you an apology and I hope you will accept it. I misunderstood your post and thought you were talking about all games. Sorry. I was really surprised when I read your post because it was so unlike you. I guess we are all a little edgy these days.

sweabs
11-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Rcarey, I owe you an apology and I hope you will accept it. I misunderstood your post and thought you were talking about all games. Sorry. I was really surprised when I read your post because it was so unlike you. I guess we are all a little edgy these days.

Don't worry about it. These are tough times for all of us :)