PDA

View Full Version : Pistons = New England Patriots

canyoufeelit
11-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Well, worse than that because Basketball is a finesse sport. I'm sick of all the hacking, holding, grabbing, Ben Wallace going over-the-back on rebounds, players getting mugged by the Wallaces under the basket, Lindsey Hunter handchecking everything in sight, and obvious fouls being ignored and seen as clean blocks by the refs.

For every Detroit game I watch, I will post in this thread when there's a blatant call that goes their way. The refs are afraid to foul their players out, the refs are afraid to T Sheed up, and it's sickening.

Kstat
11-23-2004, 01:34 PM
wheras, the Pacers are a picture of finesse and sportsmanship.....

Shade
11-23-2004, 01:36 PM
wheras, the Pacers are a picture of finesse and sportsmanship.....

Glad you're finally starting to see the light. :D

Do you deny those accusations, Kstat? Or are you just going to take shots at the Pacers to justify what the Pistons do?

canyoufeelit
11-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Also I guess everyone else can post instances of the subtle cheating that the champs are getting away with. I wish the games weren't played under 2 sets of rules, but I guess that's the way things are.

Kstat
11-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Glad you're finally starting to see the light. :D

Do you deny those accusations, Kstat? Or are you just going to take shots at the Pacers to justify what the Pistons do?

No, I' simply going to point out that with everything that goes the Pistons' way, the Pacers get away with something as well.

Ron Artest, when he wasn't getting himself suspended, was getting away with more contact than any SF in history. Not to mention he flops on %90 of his post moves, and gets nearly every call. %80 of Ron's moves were offensive fouls.

And speaking of over the back fouls, has anyone hard of Jeff Foster?

Shade
11-23-2004, 01:43 PM
No, I' simply going to point out that with everything that goes the Pistons' way, the Pacers get away with something as well.

Ron Artest, when he wasn't getting himself suspended, was getting away with more contact than any SF in history. Not to mention he flops on %90 of his post moves, and gets nearly every call. %80 of Ron's moves were offensive fouls.

And speaking of over the back fouls, has anyone hard of Jeff Foster?

Yep, you're right Kstat. That Stern sure gave us a slap on the wrist... :rolleyes:

canyoufeelit
11-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Say, that last post reminds me of the 34,039,830 times Rip Hamilton has traveled once recieving the ball. And right after that comes using the off-arm to push away defenders, that sounds familiar too

Kstat
11-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Yep, you're right Kstat. That Stern sure gave us a slap on the wrist... :rolleyes:

Well, you were referring to ON THE COURT things.......

Its not my fault none of the Pistons would be dumb enough to charge a fan, and the Pacers were.

You'll see that on christmas day, because I'm %110 certain they will get things chucked at them.

Kstat
11-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Say, that last post reminds me of the 34,039,830 times Rip Hamilton has traveled once recieving the ball. And right after that comes using the off-arm to push away defenders, that sounds familiar too

Well, I fault him for purchasing Reggie's book, "the art of flopping and pushing off"........

TheSauceMaster
11-23-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm not gonna stereotype fans , I am sure not all pistons fans are like that. But from what I seen of them in ECF here and Friday well I am not too high on some Pistons fans , I am sure we have a few bad fans too.

I just wanna know how you can have a almost full cups of beer at the end of a game , seems like they didn't cut off beer sales soon enough , they shouldn't sell beer after the 3rd qtr ends IMHO.

Shade
11-23-2004, 01:53 PM
You'll see that on christmas day, because I'm %110 certain they will get things chucked at them.

I'll take that bet.

And I didn't want to mention this because I didn't want to sound like a sore loser, but the Pistons were allowed to absolutely mug the Pacers and Lakers in the playoffs last year. I don't know why, but it was obvious they were getting favorable whistles in that regard. Which is funny, because the Pacers were also known for their defensive prowess, but they weren't allowed the same leniency that the Pistons were throughout the series. That's part of the reason Tins and JO were injured.

TheSauceMaster
11-23-2004, 01:58 PM

I'll bet your wrong .

Slick Pinkham
11-23-2004, 02:05 PM
As a fan of the Patriots, I hope that the Pacers become more like the Patriots--

best coached team, deep bench, 3-deep at every position, make no excuses EVER, work hard in practice or SIT, have no tolerance for bad off-the-field behavior or stupid penalties, etc.

Oh, and go 30-1 or whatever

canyoufeelit
11-23-2004, 02:09 PM
As a fan of the Patriots, I hope that the Pacers become more like the Patriots--

best coached team, deep bench, 3-deep at every position, make no excuses EVER, work hard in practice or SIT, have no tolerance for bad off-the-field behavior or stupid penalties, etc.

Oh, and go 30-1 or whatever

Well that's the good thing about the Patriots. The mugging of other team's recievers is where the Patriots are more like the Pistons

Reggie4Three
11-23-2004, 03:13 PM
I was going to say that I don't think the two even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. These Patriots have proven they are no fluke.

Slick Pinkham
11-23-2004, 03:16 PM
The other odd thing about your point is that, as a Pacers fan, the way the Pistons play defense is very familiar. It is the Rick Carlisle way, with some Larry Brown modifications.

The Pacers and Pistons are as similar in the way they play as any two other teams I can think of in any sport.

Cirticizing the Pistons approach to defense is like criticizing the looks of your twin brother.

obnoxiousmodesty
11-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Jesus Christ, the Pacers and Pistons are like identical twins in their defensive mindset. Each team is guilty of more contact than any of the other 28. It's what makes their teams so successful: they don't give away anything. In order to defeat the Pacers or Pistons, the opposition has to work their asses off.

We're all very pissed. I understand that. I haven't slept worth a damn since Friday. I feel sick to my stomach at all hours. I'm outraged. Yet, I'm getting tired of this. I feel the Pacers have been treated without respect and unfairly, but I'm not going to go to such depths to discredit the opposition as some here. Blame goes all around.

Kstat
11-23-2004, 03:39 PM
Jesus Christ, the Pacers and Pistons are like identical twins in their defensive mindset. Each team is guilty of more contact than any of the other 28. It's what makes their teams so successful: they don't give away anything. In order to defeat the Pacers or Pistons, the opposition has to work their asses off.

We're all very pissed. I understand that. I haven't slept worth a damn since Friday. I feel sick to my stomach at all hours. I'm outraged. Yet, I'm getting tired of this. I feel the Pacers have been treated without respect and unfairly, but I'm not going to go to such depths to discredit the opposition as some here. Blame goes all around.

Thank you.

Suaveness
11-23-2004, 07:58 PM
I like how the two teams the Pats and Fuc...oops...Pistons are screwing are the Colts and the Pacers....2 very dirty teams, none of which i have any respect for