PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone felt threatened???

RWB
11-23-2004, 01:33 PM
Has anyone that's attended a ball game felt threatened? I remember one specific incident at MSA where I was ready to fight. I was standing in a concession line with my son who was four at the time. The line was moving really slow and we had been waiting close to 15 minutes and about three people from being waited on. Well this same line happened to serve beer along with the standard pop and popcorn. This drunk decided he didn't have to wait and started cutting in. The people behind the counter didn't say anything and the people in line were grumbling but seemed afraid to say something so of course I opened my mouth. I tried to be diplomatic as possible by saying and this is the correct quote "excuse me buddy but we've been waiting in line a long time, I'm sorry but the line starts back there" end quote. Would have thought I called him every name in the book. He does walk back to the end of the line but along the way he's calling me f-words, coc- words and stands in line continuing on. I probably should have got out of line and forgot about it, but after waiting an eternity I decided hey we're going to get our snacks. Now of course the people standing in line were still nervous and surprisingly the people working behind the counter saw this and still didn't call for help. I just let it go because I wasn't going to get in a fight while my son was with me. Now the moral to this story is if my son hadn't been standing there I would have beat or gotten the hell beaten out of me cause I was ready to fight. The ONLY thing that kept me from this was my son. Look into yourself and ask have you EVER reached a boiling point where you were ready to lose it but something kept you back. Ron Artest didn't have that after getting hit.

Unclebuck
11-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Yes last year in game 5. Pistons fans were obnoxious. Luckily nothing came of it then and Pistons fans have not bothered us since.

As I proceed through the grieving process, if you have not noticed I am in the denial stage right now.

I can't wait to see Ronnie shut down Paul Pierce again tonight

Shade
11-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Can't says I have. But fortunately, there aren't too many people at ball games big enough to threaten me. :whistle: