PDA

View Full Version : Today Show interview with Ron Artest

Gyron
11-23-2004, 11:45 AM
http://g.msn.com/0US!s5.31472_315529/HP.1001?http://video.msn.com/video/p.htm?i=ed007124-6985-4eea-88b2-e330011a6b7c,4650723c-d9d9-41b0-87e9-266b3a5b3952,62378dec-21db-4afa-8f76-d68b6de855d6,919edacc-e319-4e0e-9e3c-fe95ad9901c1&p=hotvideo_hotcontentlist&m=News&mi=NBC%20News&GT1=5809&&cm=SmallImageBB&hl=Exclusive 'Today' show interview

Not much new and Ron doesn't really answer his questions but....He does seem like he is honestly apolagetic for the incident.

Gyron
11-23-2004, 11:45 AM
It screwed my link....I found it on msn.com. Little bidy link on the front page.

Slick Pinkham
11-23-2004, 11:48 AM
He promoted his CD 3 times.

He doesn't get it at all. He is way more concerned with his CD than this incident.

Harddrive7
11-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Sure, why not. This is what he was suppose to be doing today anyway. He did what he had to do during the interview in his Ron like way. Today was the day that he was to promote Allure. He can't let this take away from those girls can he? It's not their fault.

Harddrive7
11-23-2004, 12:26 PM
also, does anyone no why Ron made it a point to plug TNT??? Was he just playing around maybe?

Bball
11-23-2004, 12:31 PM
This album better sell like a 'new' Elvis Christmas album to make up for the lost income Artest is staring at.

-Bball

LouisvilleLip
11-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Anyone else think the albums is just an escape for him? Its an easy way for him to get away from basketball, life etc. Its also any easy way for him to get away from answering questions. Ron seriously needs guidance in a good way, a mentor of some sort.

The most amazing thing that popped out from me in that interview is that in his short career hes already been the victim of 4 attacks, 1 in cleaveland, 2 in detroit and 1 in Boston. Not too mention on goin verbal attacks during a game. Something is seriously wrong if Ron has to inform the refs on 3 different occasions that fans are throwing stuff at him spitting on him etc and nothin is done to prevent this in the future. I mean this was almost bound to happen. If I would have known this before and maybe if Stern knew this before it would explain it. Not that it justifies goin into the stands but surely how much longer can Artest continue to take this abuse without anything being done.

Edit: Last night when i was watching the pre game to monday night football with Michael Irvin, Stuart Scott etc, they said that during last nights brawl Ron had to listen to people directing racial slurs at him and people were talkin about his unborn child. Im not saying this should allow Ron to do what he did but this along along with the previous incidents doesn't surprise me he went off.

I would love to hear Stern's opinion on why nothing has been done to protect his safety long before the brawl?

MillerTime
11-23-2004, 12:46 PM
He's a psycho. No where did he apologize or say he was sorry and he's promoting some stupid album. He just doesn't get it.

TheSauceMaster
11-23-2004, 12:50 PM
He promoted his CD 3 times.

He doesn't get it at all. He is way more concerned with his CD than this incident.

What else is he supposed to do , he is suspended for the rest of the season and is losing 5.4 million dollars , he's gotta make some money right :confused:

Harddrive7
11-23-2004, 12:51 PM
He's a psycho. No where did he apologize or say he was sorry and he's promoting some stupid album. He just doesn't get it.

Site's not troll proof yet?

TheSauceMaster
11-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Site's not troll proof yet?

:whoknows:

LAPacer
11-23-2004, 01:59 PM
I just saw the interview. Artest seems like a really nice guy that just doesn't get it. I didn't like his answer to the question: "What do you tell the 12 year old kid that saw this on TV?" If he was really sorry, he wouldn't have had his response of "It was a reaction..." Even though I disagree with Mark Jackson on alot of the things he said over the weekend, he is right about one thing "Artest is crying out for help."

As much as I want the Pacers to win, I think it would be best if Artest suspension for the season holds. He will constantly be the target of unruly fans and if another incident occurs before they make changes to security the same thing may happen. From watching his interview, I do like how he had a very positive attitude.

ABADays
11-23-2004, 02:11 PM
This was not the time to be promoting his CD. It came off very badly. I don't know who in the hell is advising this guy but Ron needs to get rid of him.

Unclebuck
11-23-2004, 02:24 PM
I have no problem with him promoting his CD today. What else does he have to do.

Although I do wish he would not do any interviews, he just does not come off very well

McKeyFan
11-23-2004, 02:25 PM
they said that during last nights brawl Ron had to listen to people directing racial slurs at him and people were talkin about his unborn child.

I believe what you heard was commentary on the Vernon Maxwell incident ten years ago. At least, that's the reason Maxwell gave later for why he entered the seats and punched a fan.

Arcadian
11-23-2004, 02:32 PM
The interview is getting played over and over again and he is getting ripped for promoting his CD. Ron doesn't have a very good idea of who his audience is in interviews.

MagicRat
11-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Allure's CD is ranked 15,874 on Amazon, so Ron needs to do plenty of promoting......

McKeyFan
11-23-2004, 02:50 PM
Just watched the interview.

Sure, he would have looked better had he not promoted the CD. But that's probably exactly why he did the interview. It's hard to blame him. What else does he have to look forward to for the next year?

While he does come across a bit confused or inarticulate, I think a lot of what we're seeing is a guy who got seriously prepped and coached by his attorneys again and again before he went on the air. He was stumbling around because he had to be very careful on what he said. If you look at it from that perspective, he was actually pretty successful in avoiding a mistake and "staying positive."

Vicious Tyrant
11-23-2004, 02:55 PM
I don't know if he "gets it" or not, but consequences like a year long suspension is how a person ~learns~ to "get it".

Hoop
11-23-2004, 03:01 PM
LouisvilleLip, would mind if I "borrowed" your sig? It's great!

Suaveness
11-23-2004, 07:34 PM
I don't see the big deal with him promoting. Since he has the time off, might as make some use of it.

Stryder
11-23-2004, 10:06 PM
The thing people keep forgetting or don't know is that he has been scheduled to promote his cd for over a month now. No harm.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that he's on his own time now. Not company time.

LouisvilleLip
11-23-2004, 10:15 PM
I believe what you heard was commentary on the Vernon Maxwell incident ten years ago. At least, that's the reason Maxwell gave later for why he entered the seats and punched a fan.

I watched the whole thing and thats what Stuart Scott said, he said something to the nature of "not only did he get hit with a cup but he was subject to verbal abuse over....."

pb777
11-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Here's what i know about this interview everyone is all bent up about.

1. Allure's cd was going to drop in August, but a last-minute change pushed the release date back to nov. 23. Ron has known this since early August and has been planning a promotional campaign around this date. Keep in mind, Allure is a proven gold selling group and a large $ investment for Ron's label.

2. Ron had scheduled 2 radio interviews weeks ago to promote Allure's CD. The first was Monday night 11/22 on WHHH and the second was Tuesday am drive 11/23 on WNOU (93.1). These interviews were scheduled to promote Allure's CD - that's it.

3. Friday - well you know about that.

4. Ron still has an obligation to run his label and to promote Allure's CD. He decides to still do the interviews but only wants to talk about Allure. Radio people insist on at least briefly hitting on basketball topics. IMO he swallows his pride, knowing he'll catch **** for doing it and does the interviews in support of his artist.

These 4 points I know for a fact. The next is what I am told by someone in the radio business.

5. From what I hear, Someone from the Today show finds out about the WNOU interview and basically crashes it with their camera crew, blind-siding Ron. I guess Ron could have declined, but he probably thought of all the national press he could get for Allure on their release day and did it. I bet that's why Ron was slow to answer and such, he wasnt prepared for the national tv media like that. When the TV cameras were not on, the radio interview sounded great on WNOU. It was actually very funny. The radio guys were calling several John G.'s from Detroit area phonebooks and prank calling them...

Peck
11-24-2004, 01:04 AM
Ok, I just watched the interview & I don't know what the hell people are talking about?

I thought that Ron sounded great. He didn't apologize but so what, he has probably been told not to. It's common knowledge that I'm not his biggest supporter here, but I thought he came out of that interview looking pretty good.

Stryder
11-24-2004, 01:09 AM
Ok, I just watched the interview & I don't know what the hell people are talking about?

I thought that Ron sounded great. He didn't apologize but so what, he has probably been told not to. It's common knowledge that I'm not his biggest supporter here, but I thought he came out of that interview looking pretty good.

My only problem with it is how people are reporting it. The media is reporting it like he scheduled it yesterday or today. He has had this thing scheduled for a few months now.