PDA

View Full Version : Ron Did Not Punch the wrong guy.

McKeyFan
11-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Some who have examined the tape are pointing out that the only swing Ron made in the stands was in fact against the beer-throwing jail breaking felon.

Yes, he pushes down the first guy and grind him to the floor. But he doesn't punch him. Then the felon starts punching him from behind.

Once again, an argument can be made that Ron didn't hit the wrong guy. He went up in the stands to find out who it was, the first idiot is laughing and mocking and not being helpful. He gets pushed down for Ron to find the real guy. Sure enough, Ron finds him pelting him from behind and punches him back.

Ergo: Ron did not punch the wrong guy.

Reggie4Three
11-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Some who have examined the tape are pointing out that the only swing Ron made in the stands was in fact against the beer-throwing jail breaking felon.

Yes, he pushes down the first guy and grind him to the floor. But he doesn't punch him. Then the felon starts punching him from behind.

Once again, an argument can be made that Ron didn't hit the wrong guy. He went up in the stands to find out who it was, the first idiot is laughing and mocking and not being helpful. He gets pushed down for Ron to find the real guy. Sure enough, Ron finds him pelting him from behind and punches him back.

Ergo: Ron did not punch the wrong guy.

Punch or attack, does it really make that much of a difference? He shouldn't have been up there.

McKeyFan
11-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Having considered this further, I think Ron knew it wasn't the right guy. I remember wondering why Ron didn't just punch him right away. He certainly seemed to be in a position to be able to do so.

According to the guy's testimony, Ron came up saying, "Are you the one? Are you the one?" It may be that Ron saw in the guy's eye that he wasn't the one, but he was mocking Ron, being a general idiot, and moving toward him, not backing up. So Ron just simply grabs his head and pushes him to the ground--basically to get him out of the way to find the real culprit. I don't have access to the tape at this moment. Anybody else think this might be what happened?

To clarify, this thread isn't about Ron being right, yada, yada. It's about the specific accusation that he hit the wrong guy. Not so sure that's accurate.

Manuel
11-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Ron gets hit in face, gets up, and sees a guy laughing and pointing. His immediate reaction was to go get that guy. But you are correct he did not punch the guy that was laughing. He did throw a punch at the guy that punched him from the back, which was the guy that threw the cup.

Outsider
11-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Punch or attack, does it really make that much of a difference? He shouldn't have been up there.

You talking about Wallace's assault on Artest?

Ragnar
11-23-2004, 11:53 AM
I heard an interview with the Kid that Ron pushed down and he said Ron was yelling were you the one were you the one. If you watch the tape when Ron runs into the stands the kid was making a shooting motion (shooting a basketball not gun) and jumping up and down laughing. He clearly saw the bottle throw and thought it was funny. Of course once Ron got up to him he looked like he was sh*tting his pants (as we all would if we were being charged by Ron). But anyway in the interview I heard that night he said Ron did not punch him.

Also the guy Jack hit was the one who came over and threw a bucket of something liquid on Ron and Jack.

The two idiots who came onto the court in Pistons Jerseys got what they deserved and no one should be suspended or fined for punching them. The fat ******* that was hitting Fred needs to go to pund you in the @ss prison. If you look at the tape he came down behind the bench and was kind of dancing arround like he was all hopped up and ready to fight before Ben threw the wristband.

In the recording I have you can clearly see that Ben instigated the entire thing. Not only did he throw the wristband but right before that he tried lungin at Ron again and was yelling at Ron. The fact that Ben did not get everything Ron got is an insult to every reasonable person on the planet.

Reggie4Three
11-23-2004, 12:19 PM
You talking about Wallace's assault on Artest?

As far as that issue goes, I think regardless of what you call Wallace's assault on Artest, it should be treated the same way.

People are making too much of the word "punch". Whether or not Wallace punched Artest, he attacked him. Whether or not Artest punched the first guy, he attacked him.

Ragnar
11-23-2004, 01:47 PM
I dont care about Wallaces attacing Ron. That was in the heat of a play. The thing that Ben did wrong was throwing things at Ron afterwards. That is what incited the crowd and that is why he should be out for as long as Ron.

McKeyFan
11-23-2004, 02:20 PM
People are making too much of the word "punch". Whether or not Wallace punched Artest, he attacked him. Whether or not Artest punched the first guy, he attacked him.

But isn't there some specific wording in NBA by-laws about throwing a punch? Aren't certain fines and suspensions based on whether the guy actually threw a punch as opposed to just pushing and grabbing and such?

Reggie4Three
11-23-2004, 02:53 PM
But isn't there some specific wording in NBA by-laws about throwing a punch? Aren't certain fines and suspensions based on whether the guy actually threw a punch as opposed to just pushing and grabbing and such?

Yes. However, the only one that it would apply to is Wallace, who has already been suspended well past the normal for throwing a punch. Technicalities like that aren't going to help Ron in his case with the fan.

FreeArtestDotCom
11-23-2004, 02:54 PM
That nerd yelling "Oh s--t,Oh s--t" was worth the price of admission.