PDA

View Full Version : that Peja/Artest trade looks much better now..

SoupIsGood
11-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Aww hell no!

sweabs
11-23-2004, 01:39 AM
Give me Artest any day :devil:

Deadshot
11-23-2004, 01:43 AM
I'm guessing you think we should have kept Harrington as well?

BrooklynJosh
11-23-2004, 01:47 AM
not really - peja is good... but i think with artest the pacers have a real chance at winning the championship (i mean if he werent suspended of course) i don't really think peja would bring that.

anyways im still hopeful that the suspensions can be reduced somehow and he'll be available for the playoffs.

Hicks
11-23-2004, 08:16 AM
If you assume Ron's not going to play for us again, Peja >>>>>>> Nothing.

Manuel
11-23-2004, 12:24 PM
anyways im still hopeful that the suspensions can be reduced somehow and he'll be available for the playoffs.

I'm hopefull that the suspensions will be reduced, but I doubt it.

Is Sacramento even taking our calls?

Shade
11-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, is it not? :shrug:

indygeezer
11-23-2004, 12:35 PM
I wanted the trade from the beginning, but it didn't happen. Spilled milk. But Ron WILL play again for the P's. He has to. In order to show the rest of the league that he has learned his lesson and is worth taking a chance on, he'll have to. But that was by no means a rousing endorsement DW and LB gave him yesterday.

Harddrive7
11-23-2004, 12:53 PM
If he doesn't retire he'll play.

indygeezer
11-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Indygeezer, do you really think he will.

I am going off of pure speculation on my part, but I honestly think if Artest isnt traded the pacers may even just take a chance and cut him this off season

As HD says, he may retire. But DW is not about to just cut him loose for just anybody to pick up (like say Miami). He'll maintain control of when and where Ron goes...unless the Simons get involved, and that is unheard of for them.

TheSauceMaster
11-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Until your in the players shoes don't judge him , the few players that have commented on this said ethier they woulda did the same or they support Ron.

I am sure there would be a team who would risk a taking Ron , the question is does that team have anything we want ?

Just because your a NBA player doesn't mean you don't have emotions of feelings or make mistakes , I think David Stern just gave the Fans a all access pass to Abuse these players and they should just turn the other cheek which is wrong IMHO.

indygeezer
11-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Until your in the players shoes don't judge him , the few players that have commented on this said ethier they woulda did the same or they support Ron.

I am sure there would be a team who would risk a taking Ron , the question is does that team have anything we want ?

Just because your a NBA player doesn't mean you don't have emotions of feelings or make mistakes , I think David Stern just gave the Fans a all access pass to Abuse these players and they should just turn the other cheek which is wrong IMHO.

I know alot of the Piston fans I've talked with up at the farm are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. They are expecting some sanctions against the Pistons and are worried what form those sanctions might take.

Suaveness
11-23-2004, 08:23 PM
No thank you. I want Ron here forever.

PaceBalls
11-23-2004, 10:36 PM
It looks good for this season... ONLY BECAUSE RON CAN'T PLAY. But next season I want Ron on my team, because Ron > Peja x 2