PDA

View Full Version : [Don't] Stand by your Man

TheSauceMaster
11-23-2004, 12:09 AM
So we need a Pistons Fan to tell us how to think and heal :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Alabama-Redneck
11-23-2004, 12:09 AM
And your appearance here--in my opinion-- reminds me of a nosey neighbor, sticking his nose in somebody business where he does not belong.

Why don't you stay with your own fans and board. After all they are a very upright and trusting group.

Just like the one on national TV this morning. The guy that sjax hit. After showing a clip of him throwing a glass of beer on Artest, rhey interviewed him and he stated he was just standing there, not doing anything, when sjax came up and hit him. He really should watch a tape of his actions before he lies on national TV.

They also ask him how he felt and his answer was " I have a stiff neck and a mild-concussion but I'm alright" Lawsuit???

:mad: :mad:

sweabs
11-23-2004, 12:13 AM
I love Artest's game. I always will.

Don't tell me how to feel. You just babble on.

Aw Heck
11-23-2004, 12:16 AM
That was a very thoughtful, respectful post and I thank you for that.

I don't condone the actions of Artest. He should have never entered the stands. It hurts to see this happen to him because he is a such a great player and competitor. But you have to understand why Pacer fans are reacting the way they are. I'll give you a play-by-play of what I think most Pacer fans experienced Friday night.

A short-handed Pacers squad had just played a good, convincing game over the defending champions (minus Delfino). The game looked to be over with 45 seconds left. Pacer fans couldn't be happier. The season looks very bright.

Artest fouls Ben Wallace...Ben shoves Artest in the throat. Pacer fans are suddenly on edge, hoping and praying that Artest keeps his cool, knowing his past. Artest walks away from the situation and lays down on the scorers' table. Pacer fans breath a sigh of relief.

Suddenly, chaos. Artest enters the stands, followed shortly by Jackson. Pacer fans are shocked and watch as the situation unfolds. We watch as Piston fans throw anything and everything at Pacer players, we see Piston fans get onto the court and O'Neal and Artest land punches on them. Finally the players go back the locker rooms, with Pacers getting popcorn and various drinks rained on them.

The end result? The Pacers are without Artest for the season, and Jax and J.O. until at least January. Pistons? Without Big Ben for 6 games. A promising, championship-contending season is ruined in a matter of minutes.

It doesn't seem fair. Artest overreacted, no doubt. But just think...If only Ben hadn't shoved Artest, if only Ben hadn't thrown that towel, if only Artest hadn't laid down on the scorers' table, if only that fan hadn't thrown that bottle...This wouldn't have happened. Just a vicious "What If?" game. It's as if the Piston fans were rewarded for their actions. "Throw a bottle, eliminate your main competition."

Many Pacer fans feel that they were cheated out of their season by Piston fans. And because of that, we sure as hell don't want to be told how to feel by them.

You seem like a respectful Piston fan, not a troll and I appreciate that. Just realize that no matter how respectful you are, you are probably not going to be met with respect back, at least for a couple months or maybe a year. Give us time to heal.

Until then, I wish the Pistons and their fans the worst of luck. :p

;)

Aw Heck
11-23-2004, 12:16 AM
double post

TheSauceMaster
11-23-2004, 12:17 AM
And your appearance here--in my opinion-- reminds me of a nosey neighbor, sticking his nose in somebody business where he does not belong.

Well said :cool:

SoupIsGood
11-23-2004, 12:28 AM
:rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Time: A couple Months Later, R. Wallace suspended by league for possesion of cocaine

To Unconditional Rasheed Wallace fans:

Your devotion to him -- in my opinion -- mimics a wife who is abused by her husband. He keeps hurting and your organization and still you stand by him...now more than ever for some of you.

As an outsider, I just wanted to begin this thread as a sort of therapy for those of you who couldn't see it for yourselves.

The first step is to acknowledge your denial. Rasheed isn't a hero, Rasheed isn't at the wrong place at the wrong time. He is a talented and troubled man who shouldn't be promoted by the world's greatest basketball league. And he deserves your blame.

YOU deserve better. The Pistons organization has always been in the NBA and you are fans. So You, as fans, respecters and protectors of the game, need to move on from this abusive relationship. Wish Rasheed well, hope for the best for him, but do yourself and your organization a favor -- stop sticking up for Rasheed. Let him go. Just let him go.

Hoop
11-23-2004, 01:43 AM
GO AWAY

Unclebuck
11-23-2004, 12:00 PM
To Unconditional Artest fans:

Your devotion to him -- in my opinion -- mimics a wife who is abused by her husband. He keeps hurting and your organization and still you stand by him...now more than ever for some of you.

I could not agree with you more. In fact I was thinking about this on Sunday, and yes I do feel like an abused wife. I am serious I was thinking about this very thing on Sunday. Don't they say love is blind.

I am sick and I need help.

But I did ask myself why don't I at this point abandon Ron, throw him under the bus. First he is a great player, but it is a lot more than that. As I heard Vince Welch, Sick and other people who know Ronnie a little bit say he is so good hearted almost like a child. I think there is something very likeable about Ron. There is a good person underneath everything.

But more than anything, he plays the game the right way, and he is a member of the Pacers family, and for that I devote him my loyalty. I can't abandon him now.

Oh man you're a Pistons fan, did not realize that, if I had would not have taken the time.

TheSauceMaster
11-23-2004, 01:03 PM
I could not agree with you more. In fact I was thinking about this on Sunday, and yes I do feel like an abused wife. I am serious I was thinking about this very thing on Sunday. Don't they say love is blind.

I am sick and I need help.

But I did ask myself why don't I at this point abandon Ron, throw him under the bus. First he is a great player, but it is a lot more than that. As I heard Vince Welch, Sick and other people who know Ronnie a little bit say he is so good hearted almost like a child. I think there is something very likeable about Ron. There is a good person underneath everything.

But more than anything, he plays the game the right way, and he is a member of the Pacers family, and for that I devote him my loyalty. I can't abandon him now.

Oh man you're a Pistons fan, did not realize that, if I had would not have taken the time.

Well said , I am really sick of of Pistons fans telling us how we should feel or act or think.