PDA

View Full Version : Can we still beat the Pistons w/o Ron?

Shade
11-22-2004, 11:10 PM
What do you think? Are we strong enough to beat them in a best-of-7 w/o Ronnie?

canyoufeelit
11-22-2004, 11:24 PM
On any given day, any team can win. But in a best of 7, the better team usually ends up winning

However, it's important to analyze how Ron is used and plays against the Pistons:

#1. Ron guarding Prince doesn't really help us. The key to beating them is to stop Billups and Tins usually does that pretty well. (Also Jax looked good on Rip from what I remember of Friday's game)

#2. Prince/B. Wallace/R.Wallace all guard Ron very well and force him into taking tough/poor shots. The mainstay of our offense really should be JO and quick passes to the outside to make the other team pay with 3 pointers.

Maybe the Sports Guy's "Ewing Theory" would really work in this situation? :cool:

Snooptical
11-22-2004, 11:28 PM
yes i think we can...because the drive of the pacers will be in overdrive and our bench players will be alot better because they will get more PT now that JO, Jax and Artest is out

Alabama-Redneck
11-22-2004, 11:49 PM
The Pacers are still "very hungry" for that title. I don't see the same intensity in the Pistons that I saw last year.

That does not mean that they won't get it back, I am just saying they don't have it right now.

So yes, I think the Pacers can win a 7 game series.

:cool:

Jose Slaughter
11-22-2004, 11:51 PM
We should be better against the Pistons.

I'm not sure we would be better against some other teams but against Detroit, the match ups should be better for us.

Moving Jackson to SF & getting Fred Jones more time at the 2 as well as Croshere's increased minutes, should greatly inhance our outside scoring. That is how you beat Detroit.

With Artest gone it does take away from our defense & slightly weaken our post game but those are not keys to beating the Pistons anyway.

Spread the floor & out score 'em, now we can do that.

Plus, now, like the Blues Brothers; we are a mission from God.

SoupIsGood
11-22-2004, 11:52 PM
We are going to win the Championship, so I would think we will have to.

I am confident now that this is our year. Write it down, and check back with me in June.