PDA

View Full Version : Q.O.D.

Peck
11-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Ok, now that some of the dust has settled & we are left to stew in our own juices I think it's time to ask a question.

Does the rivalry between the Indiana Pacers & the Detroit Pistons now:

a. Exceed the rivalry with the Knicks in the 90's

b. Come close to meeting the rivalry with the Knicks

c. Does not meet the rivalry with the Knicks

d. Doesn't even come close to the rivalry with the Knicks

As a bonus question

I hate the fans of the following team more

A. Lakers

B. Bulls (90's)

C. Knicks

D. Pistons

Vicious Tyrant
11-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Dang, what a great question. I think we have a spectacular rivalry brewing here, after having had one of the most spectacular rivalries of the 90's.

Say what you want about small market teams, but we sure get a heck of a bang for our buck with these guys.

I asked in an earlier thread what happens next year when everyone is back - assuming no one is traded. This incident might galvanize these guys and give them an air of ferocity that we haven't seen since Dale was patrolling the inside.

It's a CRISI-TUNITY!

Doug in CO
11-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Still not there - as weird as it is to say

The Knicks rivalry was a different animal - it was about Starks, Mase and Ewing - not the fans

And it was about our best versus their best

This feels more like a 3-way with Stern clearly on his knees in front of the Pistons

Shade
11-22-2004, 11:14 PM
I think it clearly exceeds the Knicks rivalry now. There is some legitimate bad blood between these teams. In fact, I think this has just escalated into one of the biggest rivalries in sports history.

ABADays
11-22-2004, 11:18 PM
I hated the Knicks players. I hate the Pistons crowd. That hate is carried to the extent that I don't want any Detroit team to win any more titles for them.

Shade
11-22-2004, 11:25 PM
Oh, forgot part 2. Clearly, Pistons fans are the worst. Lakers fans are becoming a bit more bearable now that they see Shaq for what he really is. Now if they'd just get off that slimeball Kobe's jock...

Doug in CO
11-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Knicks fans are still and always will be the worst

Arcadian
11-23-2004, 12:39 AM
The Pistons are close but we haven't played enough playoff series for it to begin to rival NY.

As far as the fans I think it is a bit unfair to lump together fans of one team and decide that are hateable. I sure don't like the the guy who through the drink though.

Slick Pinkham
11-23-2004, 12:49 AM
I actually wanted the Pistons to win in the finals.

The only time that I've ever cheered against the East finals representative is when the Knicks made it in '99.

Even though they were underdogs, I wanted them to lose, and for it to be embarassing. It's getting there, but the Knicks are still most hated in my book and the state of that rivalry in the 90's was the most intense.

My most hated fans are LA's.

bandwagoners all.

Peck
11-23-2004, 02:29 AM
Actually I don't think the rivalry is quite as good at the N.Y. one. But it's getting there.

I never hated Knick fans, well let me rephrase that, most Knick fans. In general they were fun at the games & had a vast knowledge & loved ball.

The few I ran into from Detroit last year was a mixed bag. A couple of the idiots who would do nothing but yell Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetroiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiittttttttttttttttt Baaaaaaaaaaasketbaaaaaaaaaaaallll

& then a couple who actually knew what they were talking about.

There are & I repeat there are no worse fans on the planet earth than the front running jock sniffing Chicago Bulls fans of the 90's. They had no idea of their team beyond M.J. & Pippen & thew were loudmouth drunks. I hated them with the passion of a white hot sun. Indiana Celtic fans were just as bad but that was so long ago my hatred for them has let up.

Los Angeles
11-23-2004, 05:30 PM
biggest rivalry: Knicks, by a nose. Pacers-Pistons have a good shot at an upset, especially if they meet in the playoffs this year. Time will definitely tell on this one.

worst fans: Without a single doubt - LA Lakers Fans. The most misinformed, elitest, fair-weather, freak-show, snobbish fan base with the lowest BBall IQ you will ever see in your life - and there are more lakers fans than total people in MI and IN combined. At the very least, Pistons fans are passionate about their team, not just looking for a photo-op. Lakers fans are second in line to pro-sports-fan-hell right behind Yankees fans.

Do I sound bitter? ;)