PDA

View Full Version : Rossen Reports: Are air-conditioning repairers being competent and honest? (TODAY SHOW 7-10-12)

vapacersfan
07-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Our of all the companies they called in, I think one fixed the problem, and he tried to charge 300$ more then what should have been (the problem was a broke wire in the AC unit)

Keep in mind this all happened during this huge heat wave.

One guy went as far as to punch the anchor and the camera!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48080346/ns/today-today_rossen_reports/t/rossen-reports-are-air-conditioning-repairers-being-competent-honest/

graphic-er
07-10-2012, 10:54 PM
This type of crap happens all the time.
Thats why I always advise people I know to get their hands a bit dirty and learn about things like this. Whether it be plumbing, changing your motor oil, electrical wiring or installing lights. Know the gist of how to do things and what things should look like. If you want to pay somebody to do things for you that certainly fine, but it pays to have an idea what they are going to do to fix your problem. That way when the HVAC guy says you need to replace A and B you can say "show me whats wrong with them first"

You'd be surprised how hard it is to get good help these days. People out there just dont' put alot of pride in their craft now days.