PDA

View Full Version : Which of the 2 do u want us to sign?

BornReady#6
07-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Reports are we are looking at Mayo and Lee. Mayo is the obvious choice I feel, but has been some what of a bust to a certain degree. So who would u rather pick up? C.Lee or OJ Mayo?

Liz-Ink (http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/06/pacers-george-mayo-lee-guard/)

The Indiana Pacers are in the market for a backup for Paul George.

Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star reports the Pacers are interested in both Courtney Lee or O.J. Mayo to fill the role of backup shooting guard for the team.

Wells said the Pacers are “very, very interested” in Mayo and has been their top choice for years. But there may be a snag.

The Pacers have to decide how much they want to pay the former lottery pick and does Mayo mind continuing to come off the bench.

Lee averaged 11.4 points on 43 percent shooting for the Houston Rockets last season. Mayo didn’t start a single game for the Grizzlies last season but averaged 12.6. points per game last year.

George started all 66 games for the Pacers, averaging 12.1 points in the regular season before dipping below 10 points per playoff game in the postseason, where Indiana lost in the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

Brad8888
07-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Courtney Lee to maintain chemistry.

OlBlu
07-09-2012, 07:10 PM
I don't have anyone in mind. I just think that there are problems with both of those players. I think I read that Lee is going to the Celtics....... Mayo is, was and always has been a headcase. We don't need that.......:cool:

Jeremy
07-09-2012, 07:11 PM
OJ without a thought.

vnzla81
07-09-2012, 07:12 PM
You need the "he needs to be smashmouth" option added. .....

DGPR
07-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Can somebody please add Michael Jordan for vnzla81?

OlBlu
07-09-2012, 07:17 PM
OJ without a thought.

That is the problem. Way too many people say that "without a thought." Really give it some thought and you will understand that you don't even want this guy around our players........:cool:

cdash
07-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Depends on the price. All things equal, Mayo is the better player, so I'd rather have him. But I think Courtney Lee would come cheaper.

vnzla81
07-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Can somebody please add Monta Ellis for vnzla81?

Fixed :-P

imbtyler
07-09-2012, 07:22 PM
I'd say OJ. Lee just doesn't do it for me. And :pray: we could pick up Gerald Green!

imbtyler
07-09-2012, 07:25 PM
I wanna hear what the 12.5% (3 people) who voted "Other" have to say. Do they vote for Gerald Green, too?? #highhopes

MillerTime
07-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Mayo for sure.

But it would be nice to sign both. Both would make good back ups at the SG and SF positions....is this why we renounced Price's rights for??

Sparhawk
07-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Trade a first for MarShon Brooks.

I'd like to bring in Green (if he's cheap, something like a DJ deal) and have him backup Granger.

Use that money that Mayo would get for a decent PF.

Sparhawk
07-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Mayo for sure.

But it would be nice to sign both. Both would make good back ups at the SG and SF positions....is this why we renounced Price's rights for??

Mayo and Lee would be nice??? I, for one, do not want a 6'5 guy playing SF.

Dr. Hibbert
07-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Where's the option for Jamison Brewer?

DGPR
07-09-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't know if I'd made this known yet, but I would like for the Pacers to sign OJ Mayo to a contract involving monetary payment for performing a service on the basketball court in the form of *** kickery.

Lance George
07-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Lee would be an acceptable backup, but I think Mayo still has the potential to be a good starter, and a long-term running mate for Paul George, so he's my choice.

BornReady#6
07-09-2012, 08:10 PM
That is the problem. Way too many people say that "without a thought." Really give it some thought and you will understand that you don't even want this guy around our players........

Olblu, do you ever post constructive information or comment on the general idea of a post, or do you just wait for responses you don't like and rudely shoot them down with you opinionated, misinformation?

BornReady#6
07-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Yeah Brooks and Green would be awesome, then trade for Blair, and be done.

mattie
07-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Lee is a more consistent backup player. I voted for him. I like OJ's upside, but not his actual production.

troyc11a
07-09-2012, 08:47 PM
That is the problem. Way too many people say that "without a thought." Really give it some thought and you will understand that you don't even want this guy PLAYING POKER WITH our players........:cool:

Fixed! lol

OlBlu
07-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Fixed! lol

That is very funny. Well done......:cool:

OlBlu
07-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Olblu, do you ever post constructive information or comment on the general idea of a post, or do you just wait for responses you don't like and rudely shoot them down with you opinionated, misinformation?

Yes. I occasionally make a constructive post but I see no reason to comment on people I agree with. However, when I see someone who says something incredibly stupid, I feel obligated to show them the error of their ways. Why? ........:cool: You have an ignore button. Use it if you don't want to see what I say.

pacers74
07-09-2012, 08:54 PM
If you want a backup, sign Lee. If you want a 6th man/starter you sign OJ. With OJ you get a potential star. With Lee you get what you see. I vote for OJ for a long term fix at SG. Paul can either become a star, or be a 6th man. OJ would push him to his limit.

Steagles
07-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Is this really a question? OJ Mayo every time.

Pacersalltheway10
07-09-2012, 09:13 PM
A competetion for the starting job between Mayo and George would be good for both of them. Lee is nothing more than an average back up. We likely aren't going to win a championship any time soon so why not go with more potential in Mayo.

daschysta
07-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Ilike lee, but OJ Mayo still has real potential, yes he wasn't that great last year, but he could still explode, and a change of scenery could be good for him, he still has that 20 ppg potential he showed in his first two year, and he and PG, like Pacers4 said, would push eachother to get better through competition. Plus with the reports of "money drying up" all around the league for FA's not already agreed to sign we could get him for a bargain, it would be low risk, super high reward. Our best chance at this point of serious contention next season, is to pray PG makes a leap into the 16-17 ppg range while maintaining his elite D, and improving his ballhandling, as well as, of course Hibbert coming through with his yearly improvement, and then making our bench what it was supposed to be, elite.

Collison is a good start off the bench, he was awesome in the playoffs, though I fear we may have to move him if he doesn't get to start, and OJ Mayo, as well as the rookies contributing would go a long way there too.

Hicks
07-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Lee seems more solid/dependable to me, Mayo seems more higher risk/higher reward. For what this team already has, I'd probably take a gamble on the latter.

Pacerized
07-09-2012, 10:36 PM
I chose other, we need a starting quality big man to complete our 4/5 rotation more then we need another backup wing player.

tora tora
07-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Mayo's a bum, give me Courtney Lee.

CooperManning
07-10-2012, 01:59 AM
Financially, a Mayo signing would eventually have to pave the way for Granger leaving. And it wouldn't be an awful strategy, IMO. DG gets traded for pieces, PG gets extended and slides to the three. Could still afford a solid piece to go with a Hibbert/PG/Hill/Mayo/whatever we get back for Danny core. Hill's the oldest player on that core and he just turned 26. Maybe Lebron could be done owning by the time we peek.

joew8302
07-10-2012, 02:12 AM
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't HATE it if we got Mayo, but lets not go too crazy.

Mayo is a career 43% shooter, 37% 3 pt shooter and 83% from the line. He averages 3 rebounds, 2.5 rebs/2 turnovers a game.

I guess the point of these stats is to show he is not a great playmaker, and is a decent (but far from great) shooter. Would he be a good guy to bring off the bench for some offense for the 2nd unit? Sure, I buy that. But I am not sure how crazy we get in terms of a contract. I would say 4-5 million per year is about what I would pay. If that isn't enough I would be fine in exploring options like Courtney Lee or Lou Williams.

CableKC
07-10-2012, 02:20 AM
My guess is that we are going to make an offer to the cheaper of the two.

MvPlumlee
07-10-2012, 02:24 AM
I would gamble on Mayo. Don't underestimate the mental impact of almost being traded twice. Ask Gasol, Scola, Martin... don't ask Dragic.
He is much more of a creator than Lee is and we need a player like that IMO.

Nothing against Lee, but I would like to see more than another solid player.

CableKC
07-10-2012, 02:27 AM
One thing about Mayo though.......he has obvious potential and still appears to have a high ceiling....but I don't get the sense that he'd going to come cheap and therefore having a price tag that may be a deterrant to a FO that already is spending a lot on GH and Hibbert.

With the pursuit of him over the last 3 ( or more ) seasons.....you have to wonder if Bird was the one that was truly pushing for him and whether the new FO sees the same thing that Bird saw and whether this pursuit will continue as fervantly as before.

CJ Jones
07-10-2012, 02:30 AM
I'd rather upgrade our 3rd big. That's where our advantage lies. Brand would be my choice.

If I had to pick a wing it'd be Mayo, but I kinda doubt he wants to come off the bench. So, I say wait for a trade (hopefully), and let Johnson or Lance get 15 developmental minutes for now.

I do like the sign Mayo deal Danny idea. If this is our last chance to add to the team for a while, that might be the best move. I do worry about the 1 knucklehead rule, though.

BornReady#6
07-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Yes. I occasionally make a constructive post but I see no reason to comment on people I agree with. However, when I see someone who says something incredibly stupid, I feel obligated to show them the error of their ways. Why? ........:cool: You have an ignore button. Use it if you don't want to see what I say.

Ok but you give no reasoning, no facts, just rude comments. How does this:

That is the problem. Way too many people say that "without a thought." Really give it some thought and you will understand that you don't even want this guy around our players.

Help anyone? It is like a rude old woman just waiting for someone to mess up so you can pounce. Why would I want to block you? At this point I challenge you to contribute to the board, and give some positive input, not just shoot people down with silly comments constantly. And if you are going give an argument that is cool, but at least include an actual arguments and not just a rude sentiment.

naptownmenace
07-10-2012, 09:35 AM
I voted Courtney Lee because of his great 3-point shooting but I really want the Pacers to add another big-man, even if they don't sign OJ Mayo or Lee. The Pacers won't be winning a championship this upcoming season anyway so they might as well just focus on developing the young players they already have on the team. Hill and George need to really step their game up and a player like Mayo will just cut into their minutes.

Elton Brand would be a great addition. I'd also like Kaman but I think he'll want to go somewhere he can start like Houston, Dallas, or Portland.

cdash
07-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Ok but you give no reasoning, no facts, just rude comments. How does this:

Help anyone? It is like a rude old woman just waiting for someone to mess up so you can pounce. Why would I want to block you? At this point I challenge you to contribute to the board, and give some positive input, not just shoot people down with silly comments constantly. And if you are going give an argument that is cool, but at least include an actual arguments and not just a rude sentiment.

Do exactly what he says: Put him on ignore.

Sparhawk
07-10-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm in agreement with getting another big. Pacers cannot go into the season with Hans as the main backup PF. I think if Plumlee is the main backup C, that is fine, he's already better than Lou. haha

But Lee or Mayo would be ok. I do agree that if the Pacers get Mayo (who's likely to cost way more than Lee), then Granger will probably be moved in a year.

HeliumFear
07-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Lee because Mayo wants more than the MLE. He said don't even bother calling if that's your offer. I think Lee could come at a bargain price.