PDA

View Full Version : Rockets exploring variety of options; so should Pacers

johndozark
07-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Houston, having watched Goran Dragic go back to Phoenix and having traded Kyle Lowry to Toronto, desperately needs a point guard.

They are exploring bringing back Aaron Brooks whom they originally traded to Phoenix for Dragic.

Their summer league team includes point guard Scott Machado, who should have been drafted by somebody, and, get this, Goran's bro, combo guard Zoran Dragic.

I am not saying that we should copy Houston's choices, but just their pro-active movement. I wish I knew that we were pressing forward a little harder, and looking closely at the best available options for strengthening the team.

My comfort is that Kevin Pritchard has not been known for being timid or passive in the past, and probably isn't being so now.

Anyway, I suggest that we keep an eye on everybody's summer league invitees. I know that we cannot evaluate much based on summer league play, but there must be some overlooked potential future stars out there just ripe for the picking.

Sparhawk
07-09-2012, 02:43 PM
a viable option would be to send a first rounder and get MarShon Brooks. Hopefully our first is enough, even though it might not be very high.

That would be a much cheaper option than looking at either Mayo/Lee.

Pacers could try to trade DC/Hans/DJ/Lance for point guard depth and front court help. I know I said pg depth even though we have DC, but I still say that our system does not maximize DCs talents. We'd be better trading him for something we need a bit more and then try to find a point that would fit our system. I'd love to try to get Reggie Jackson from OKC who's likely to be buried on that bench.

BRushWithDeath
07-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Goran Dragic's brother is named Zoran Dragic?

God bless Slovenia.

pacer4ever
07-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Goran Dragic's brother is named Zoran Dragic?

God bless Slovenia.

wonder if they have a sister named Whoran Dragic;)

Slick Pinkham
07-09-2012, 04:09 PM
or another brother nobody talks about,

named Moron Dragic....

Dr. Awesome
07-09-2012, 04:17 PM
a viable option would be to send a first rounder and get MarShon Brooks. Hopefully our first is enough, even though it might not be very high.

That would be a much cheaper option than looking at either Mayo/Lee.

Pacers could try to trade DC/Hans/DJ/Lance for point guard depth and front court help. I know I said pg depth even though we have DC, but I still say that our system does not maximize DCs talents. We'd be better trading him for something we need a bit more and then try to find a point that would fit our system. I'd love to try to get Reggie Jackson from OKC who's likely to be buried on that bench.
This.

MarShawn Brooks is a player I like a lot. Having him and George on the wings for the future would be amazing.

joew8302
07-09-2012, 04:21 PM
I am sure Pritchard would make a move if he felt it would significantly improve the team.

Right now Houston is rearranging deck chairs. I am not sure what exactly their "plan" is.