PDA

View Full Version : Here is why I think Roy will stay

sav
07-09-2012, 09:51 AM
There has been a lot of talk about the Pacers re-signing Hibbert. There is no question they will bring him back and here is why:

Hibbert has worked hard and improved every year.

Hibbert made the all-star team.

His teammates like him.

The fans like him.

He is good in the community and promoting the Pacers.

In essence, he has done everything you can ask of a player.

If the Pacers don't sign him, they will be sending a message to their payers, especially the young players, that even if you do everything you are supposed to do, you will still not get re-signed.

By signing Hibbert, they will be setting an example for the younger players to encourage them to work hard and stay out of trouble.

Right now, the Pacers are just messing with Portland by saying that they are considering Kaman. They will re-sign Hibbert.

_The_Future_
07-09-2012, 09:53 AM
I thought this was going to be actual news...

Dr. Hibbert
07-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Interesting take. Definitely deserved its own thread separate from the other 600.

Kstat
this is the best unintentional thread title troll ever.

Pacer Fan
So the Hibbert 50/50 thread wasn't enough?

redfoster
07-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Turrible. Just turrible.

MillerTime
07-09-2012, 10:54 AM
WTF?!?!?! Really??

Naptown_Seth
07-09-2012, 10:59 AM
40 more pages, 40 more pages, 40 more pages

Let's go people, we can do this. Too much is never enough.

Also have you seen the FA market at this point? Of course Roy is coming back now. He's quickly becoming the best deal available to help the team over the next 2 years even if he doesn't pan out/improve.

Steagles
07-09-2012, 11:01 AM
MISLEADING TROLL

/rant off

Sorry I thought this was news on Roy

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

Speed
07-09-2012, 11:04 AM
40 more pages, 40 more pages, 40 more pages

Let's go people, we can do this. Too much is never enough.

Also have you seen the FA market at this point? Of course Roy is coming back now. He's quickly becoming the best deal available to help the team over the next 2 years even if he doesn't pan out/improve.

This is actually a really good point, seeing the crazy overpayment to this point, does make you see things a little more clearly on Roy.

Now back to where we should be, letting AJ Price go is a clear indication that Simon doesn't want to win or get out of the 2nd round.

ECKrueger
07-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Seriously? **** you sav

Not really, that poking fun at the simon comment.

...but really, seriously?

90'sNBARocked
07-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Just a thought

but maybe we should refrain from all the bashing , especially since this was the mans 18th post

Ever thought he doesnt know the ins and outs of the board in justa week or so

again, just my 2 cents

vnzla81
07-09-2012, 11:37 AM
This is actually a really good point, seeing the crazy overpayment to this point, does make you see things a little more clearly on Roy.

Now back to where we should be, letting AJ Price go is a clear indication that Simon doesn't want to win or get out of the 2nd round.

http://cdn.hotstockmarket.com/0/0b/0bb69f87_954-not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

sportfireman
07-09-2012, 11:40 AM
I vote the title be changed to "I believe Roy will stay"... "I feel Roy will stay"..... "I think..... I would lke...... I want...." etc. something along those lines.

WhoLovesYaBaby?
07-09-2012, 11:48 AM
There has been a lot of talk about the Pacers re-signing Hibbert. There is no question they will bring him back and here is why:

Hibbert has worked hard and improved every year.

Hibbert made the all-star team.

His teammates like him.

The fans like him.

He is good in the community and promoting the Pacers.

In essence, he has done everything you can ask of a player.

If the Pacers don't sign him, they will be sending a message to their payers, especially the young players, that even if you do everything you are supposed to do, you will still not get re-signed.

By signing Hibbert, they will be setting an example for the younger players to encourage them to work hard and stay out of trouble.

Right now, the Pacers are just messing with Portland by saying that they are considering Kaman. They will re-sign Hibbert.

I won't call you a name like a few other trifler's, but none of those are business reasons for Hibbert to return. With the possible exception that Roy can maybe draw fans, which is desperately needed.

It's all money, honey. The Pacers need to decide if he is worth the investment or is replaceable some other, more economical way.

Look at it this way, and I'm not saying it will happen:

What if the team decides that signing a Brand for $5M. Some bench level shooter for $5M. And some backup level C for $6-8M. They are getting more for their money than by signing Hibbert for $12-14M and maybe not being able to sign more than one or any of those others because they are too close to the cap. That could be the thinking.

I want Hibbert back. And I THINK he will be back. But I also want the team to win. If the Pacers decide to go with a solid plan B, then I will give it a chance.

WhoLovesYaBaby?
07-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Seriously? **** you sav

Not really, that poking fun at the simon comment.

...but really, seriously?Well, I can say this, if he lets Lance go, then half of this board will become Knick fans.

Speed
07-09-2012, 11:52 AM
http://cdn.hotstockmarket.com/0/0b/0bb69f87_954-not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

Green :)

Speed
07-09-2012, 11:56 AM
He is liked to the "max", but the quetions are if he's a "max" player on the court and in the future in what he makes relative to helping this team compete for a championship. I can see both side of the coin, sadly enough whatever they choose, if they don't win it all, you'll never know the alternate reality.

Also, I'd consider this, Roy is lovable as an overacheiving 17th pick, but is he as beloved as a max contract player 2 years from now if he's not finishing games cuz he still can't guard the p-n-r and giving you the same numbers as last year? Alot of things have to do with the expectations in how fans and GMs see players.

Again, I'm a Pacers fan that likes Roy Hibbert, whatever happens July 14th won't change either of those things.

Slick Pinkham
07-09-2012, 12:01 PM
mods, a suggested new thread title:

Here's why I think that Roy Hibbert will remain a Pacer

Peck
07-09-2012, 12:25 PM
First off I have changed the title for everyone so that way it does not appear as a news item.

Second of all let me echo 90's here, give the guy a break. He is new and is just trying to fit in, so maybe we can give him till his 38th post before everyone climbs on his back.

BillS
07-09-2012, 12:29 PM
First off I have changed the title for everyone so that way it does not appear as a news item.

Second of all let me echo 90's here, give the guy a break. He is new and is just trying to fit in, so maybe we can give him till his 38th post before everyone climbs on his back.

Hey, if everyone can jump on Plumlee before he even suits up, I don't see why hazing a rookie poster is out of bounds :zip:

:"cool"-smilie-that-isn't-the-current-"cool"-smilie-which-has-unfortunately-come-to-mean-something-else:

WhoLovesYaBaby?
07-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Some of the "established" posters here sure do like to put the new guy in their place. Don't take it personally OP, it ain't nothin but triflin.

Kind of catty.