PDA

View Full Version : Why??

ejwallace
07-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Why, with all the rumors/talks/moves that are going on during this free agency period, has there been absolutely no news/leaks regarding the Pacers? I know that there are a couple players that we have been linked to, but nothing has been leaked about terms/deals/agreements nothing.... I know that we are still dealing with the Hibbert offer, but why does it seem like we are content to just sit idly by and let everyone else make the moves...

I just wonder if we're truly not making any moves right now, or if they are just trying to keep everything under wraps until Wednesday..... What are your thoughts??

joew8302
07-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Part of the reason is that Indiana is very tight to the vest with these type of things.

Psyren
07-08-2012, 10:31 PM
What moves need to be made?

We drafted our new starting C/future hall of famer in Plumlee.

I dont see what else we could possibly do.

:stirthepot:

Brinocerous
07-08-2012, 10:39 PM
It's rare for there to be any sort of leak from the Pacers before any moves have been made. I've been shocked to hear as much as we have this year.

ColeTheMole
07-08-2012, 10:41 PM
No leaks? They have been interested in Brand, Mayo, Kaman, resigning Hibbert, brandon Roy. What do you want?

Pacer Fan
07-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Why, with all the rumors/talks/moves that are going on during this free agency period, has there been absolutely no news/leaks regarding the Pacers? I know that there are a couple players that we have been linked to, but nothing has been leaked about terms/deals/agreements nothing.... I know that we are still dealing with the Hibbert offer, but why does it seem like we are content to just sit idly by and let everyone else make the moves...

I just wonder if we're truly not making any moves right now, or if they are just trying to keep everything under wraps until Wednesday..... What are your thoughts??

There has been only Hill's terms released cause that is the only agreement, term, deal that has been done. I am sure they have their targets and I'm sure they will know something about Hibbert before Tuesday night. Most of the teams that are making moves have to upgrade their team in big ways. Pacers are sitting in a pretty good place at the moment (excluding Roy). We have to try and have patience. Hopefully things work out in a good way.

tadscout
07-08-2012, 10:44 PM
No leaks? They have been interested in Brand, Mayo, Kaman, resigning Hibbert, brandon Roy. What do you want?

... and those leaks most likely came from agents, not our FO.

vnzla81
07-08-2012, 10:48 PM
... and those leaks most likely came from agents, not our FO.

And you know that because? ....

joew8302
07-08-2012, 10:52 PM

He doesn't. Did you not read he stated that they MOST LIKELY came from agents?

pacer4ever
07-08-2012, 10:52 PM

Especially Brand he is an amnesty guy the Pacers probably haven't even talked to his agent about him it does them no good highest bid wins.

fwpacerfan
07-09-2012, 07:57 AM
I say there are no leaks because there is nothing to leak. IMHO this means the FO is planning to match Hibbert and lay low after that for a little while and see what they can get on the cheap.

PGisthefuture
07-09-2012, 08:16 AM
I say there is no leaks because there is nothing to leak. IMHO this means the FO is planning to match Hibbert and lay low after that for a little while and see what they can get on the cheap.

Probably right, I really wish we could do that plus get Mayo though...

Mac_Daddy
07-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Pacers have usually always been pretty tight-lipped. There is always talk of what the Pacers are doing and then we'll usually go in another direction.

Jeremy
07-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Because we are content with staying as a team that will lose in the second round of the playoffs every season.

Speed
07-09-2012, 10:54 AM
I wish I could have Seth's "Being smart with money is not "ownership issues" (http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?73733-Being-smart-with-money-is-not-quot-ownership-issues-quot)" entire post as my signature.

tadscout
07-09-2012, 11:24 AM

I said MOST LIKELY... key words to imply it is my opinion/speculation based on how Walsh typically runs a tight ship.

I wasn't stating my opinion as if it was a fact.

WhoLovesYaBaby?
07-09-2012, 11:38 AM
What moves need to be made?

We drafted our new starting C/future hall of famer in Plumlee.

I dont see what else we could possibly do.

:stirthepot:

And you forget that we have future Hall of Famer, Lance. Who could be an all star if only everyone would realize what the message boards already know. If we could only trade Granger for McRoberts and George for Brad Miller, and convince Sarunus to return we would be immediately crowned champions of the Central. Then WATCH OUT LEBRON!