PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Brooks is UFA

kmjohnson
07-08-2012, 09:35 AM
First thread started by me! Just wanted to throw this out there ands see what people think. NBA.com is reporting that the Suns have pulled Brooks' qualifying offer, making him an UFA. Not sure what his current contract is, because I'm lazy, but I just wanted to see what everyone thought about him as an option if we move Collison?

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/07/07/brooks-suns.ap/index.html

Ozwalt72
07-08-2012, 09:42 AM
He's worse and two years older than Collison. Really, he's pretty much Collison Light. Collison shoots better from the floor, about the same from 3 (over career) and has similar assist totals. Neither can really run an offense, and Collison's probably a better defender, though they struggle with the same type of player as they are both the same size.

kmjohnson
07-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Point taken, but I think my op was a little unclear. I should have said that in the event we move Collison/other pieces for an upgrade somewhere else, do you think he'd be a viable backup? I personally like DC a lot, and would love to see him stay next year.

Hicks
07-08-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm assuming he'll go back to Houston.

MillerTime
07-08-2012, 03:42 PM
There's better options. Rather go after Bayless

SMosley21
07-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Of all possible free agent options, Brooks is near the bottom of my want list. He's a shoot first, second, and third point guard, is very undersized, can't play a lick of defense, and wasn't even smart enough to get an out clause put in his contract with China last season.

mildlysane
07-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Of all possible free agent options, Brooks is near the bottom of my want list. He's a shoot first, second, and third point guard, is very undersized, can't play a lick of defense, and wasn't even smart enough to get an out clause put in his contract with China last season.
Were any of the players that went to China able to get an escape clause? I believe that China wasn't giving those out. But I agree with everything else in your post.

Frostwolf
07-09-2012, 03:06 AM

nobody who went to china last season was able to get a release clause.