PDA

View Full Version : are the wolves a player when it comes to Hibert staying here?

Minny
07-08-2012, 03:01 AM
Hey guys,

I am new here, I am big Pacers fan, even though I from Minnesota and have no connection to Indiana, The first ever game I watched was Pacers vs. Knicks game and I fell in love with Reggie Miller, been a fan since, but anyways since no cares, can someone with espn insider copy and paste "Wolves With Wings?" an article by John Hollinger, its on the NBA page. I am just interested in it because I want to know what the deal is with Batum, and if the amount of money they are spending on him might cause the Bazers to back off Roy, and I am also interested because my second favorite team is the local team here the wolves, thanks in advance

Really?
07-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Hey,

Can not remember which because there are so many Roy threads on here right now, but there is atleast one that was talking about the implications of Portland saying they are going to match any offer for Batum, I would checkout the site, there are some pretty good discussions going on, and some redundant ones as well.

joew8302
07-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the jungle!

But no, the Wolves are not a player. Hibbert will either be a Blazer or Pacer next season. Roy isn't going to back out of a deal with Portland to sign one with Minnesota.

Eleazar
07-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the jungle!

But no, the Wolves are not a player. Hibbert will either be a Blazer or Pacer next season. Roy isn't going to back out of a deal with Portland to sign one with Minnesota.

I don't think you read what he said. He was asking if we think the Blazers wanting to match the Wolves offer to Batum will cause Portland to forfeit signing Hibbert. He wasn't asking if Hibbert was going to back out for Minnesota.

Pacer Fan
07-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Welcome to the jungle!

Dude, you totally missed the boat! LOL

Pacer Fan
07-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Hey guys,

I am new here, I am big Pacers fan, even though I from Minnesota and have no connection to Indiana, The first ever game I watched was Pacers vs. Knicks game and I fell in love with Reggie Miller, been a fan since, but anyways since no cares, can someone with espn insider copy and paste "Wolves With Wings?" an article by John Hollinger, its on the NBA page. I am just interested in it because I want to know what the deal is with Batum, and if the amount of money they are spending on him might cause the Bazers to back off Roy, and I am also interested because my second favorite team is the local team here the wolves, thanks in advance

I don't do Insider cause it's to politically correct. But, I will give you my opinion on what you are asking.
I really don't think it has any bearing on Portland. Portland has plenty of cap space to get Hibbert and sign their own guy in Nic Batum. I personally think they would be insane not to do this. To have Hibbert, LA and Batum in your frontcourt would be awsome. Hiibert, LA, Batum, Mathews and Lillard will be a fantastic starting 5 with Leonard, Babbitt, Barton and whoever else they get to come off the bench should be a solid bench. Just my opinion tho!

Pacer Fan
07-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Maybe we can get lucky and Pacers sign Hibbert and Wolves sign Batum and the Blazers end up screwing themselves out of all the good FA's, so they end up freaking out and decide to rebuild and trade LA to the Pacers for DWest's expiring, Paul George, Darren Collison, 2013 and 2015 1st round pick.

Then the Pacers would look like this if I was GM:

Hibbert / Mahinmi / Plumlee
Aldridge / Brand / Pendergraph
Granger / Brewer
Mayo / Lee / Johnson
Hill / Bayless / Stephenson

Jose31917
07-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Maybe we can get lucky and Pacers sign Hibbert and Wolves sign Batum and the Blazers end up screwing themselves out of all the good FA's, so they end up freaking out and decide to rebuild and trade LA to the Pacers for DWest's expiring, Paul George, Darren Collison, 2013 and 2015 1st round pick.

Then the Pacers would look like this if I was GM:

Hibbert / Mahinmi / Plumlee
Aldridge / Brand / Pendergraph
Granger / Brewer
Mayo / Lee / Johnson
Hill / Bayless / Stephenson

You're hired! When can you start!?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2