PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James Hurt

samiuam
07-07-2012, 03:50 PM
So driving to Chicago from Indy, heard on ESPN 1000 just 10-15 minutes ago, that Steven A. Smith reporting that Lebron James hurt this am at US olympic team practice. Looks like knee injury, initial thought is torn ACL. Thought I would share this with the board.

Also, I hope our Front office is aggressive and re-signs Hibbert and signs OJ Mayo, with this injury and Derrick Rose injury we have a real shot at the Finals and possible championship this upcoming year. Nothing is guaranteed but this is a very real shot.

Coupe
07-07-2012, 03:53 PM
loading attempt to give a damn.

loading failed

all kidding aside, that sucks for usa

ballism
07-07-2012, 03:57 PM
i hope this is bogus. terrible for basketball.

luis3ep
07-07-2012, 03:58 PM
I see it on twitter.. but the thing is, the twitter name reporting it is @StephenasmiFh obviously a fake. I can't believe people still fall for fake accounts. If it ends up being true, then i am stupid.. but all i see is that guy tweeting that and other people freaking out thinking it's true and retweeting the fake account. Until some legit reports it, it's not true.

Sandman21
07-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Its fake. These damn fake accounts need to be shot.

BrownBearCoffee
07-07-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm skeptical of this report, but if it's true it will be devastating. His whole game is predicated on athleticism and hops, so he would never, ever be the same.

Kstat
07-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Yes. Karma must punish LeBron James for his great cosmic crime of...beating the Pacers?

Coupe
07-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Yes. Karma must punish LeBron James for his great cosmic crime of...beating the Pacers?

the horror

Pingu
Methinks if this was true it'd already be all over ESPN (which it is not).

BlueNGold
None of them want to play. Bosh is sitting out. So is Wade. Now James. What a joke.

Steagles
07-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Skeptical. Very. It would have been on TV by now. I don't think it's true.

Kstat
07-07-2012, 04:03 PM
None of them want to play. Bosh is sitting out. So is Wade. Now James. What a joke.

....because? Who has the balls to tell them they don't deserve some time off after busting their asses through that gauntlet of a season?

Why should they even feel obligated to go back at all? One Olympic gold medal isn't enough?

Sandman21
07-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Methinks if this was true it'd already be all over ESPN (which it is not).

Its from the fake Steven A Smith account, but ESPN Radio in Chicago is reporting it as fact because they fell for said fake Steven A Smith account.

samiuam
07-07-2012, 04:05 PM
If it's fake, my fault and I'm sorry, just reporting what I heard on the local ESPN 1000 radio station in Chicago. We'll see with time. I don't wish injury on anyone, but just seems like a very tantalizing possibility for our team if true. Again, sorry if it's false.

Eleazar
07-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Why do people believe twitter? Trusting random people who you have no idea if they are actually who they say they are or not? Yeah, great resource there people.

Anyways if it is true, I really have a hard time caring after seeing his and Wade's reaction after that idiot thrusted his elbow into Stephenson as he ran in for a rebound.

Pacerfan
07-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Looks like it's false. And no, not karma in beating the Pacers. Karma for teaming up with other allstars and changing the dynamics of the league to where most of the the stars just want to team up now instead of having competitive balance.

Eleazar
If it's fake, my fault and I'm sorry, just reporting what I heard on the local ESPN 1000 radio station in Chicago. We'll see with time. I don't wish injury on anyone, but just seems like a very tantalizing possibility for our team if true. Again, sorry if it's false.

That isn't your fault, but the radio stations fault. They should know better.

Nuntius

That's certainly not his "crime" :-p

travmil
LOL. So let me get this straight. A fake Stephen A Smith twitter account made this BS up. Then ESPN radio ran with it. Doesn't Stephen A Smith actually you know umm....WORK for ESPN? ANd they didn't bother checking with him before airing it. That's hilarious.

But this is what Twitter has done to the world of sports journalism. The race is on to get every little nugget of information out there first. So much so that legitimate news outlets completely throw fact checking out the window. ESPN was pathetic long before this incident but this is still pretty stupid of them.

Kstat
07-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Looks like it's false. And no, not karma in beating the Pacers. Karma for teaming up with other allstars and changing the dynamics of the league to where most of the the stars just want to team up now instead of having competitive balance.

...because there was definitely competitive balance in the NBA when LeBron was in Cleveland...

ballism
07-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Why do people believe twitter? Trusting random people who you have no idea if they are actually who they say they are or not? Yeah, great resource there people.

tell that to ESPN radio anchors, apparently. It's hilarious that ESPN radio gets fooled by a fake S.A.Smith

BlueNGold
07-07-2012, 04:09 PM
....because? Who has the balls to tell them they don't deserve some time off after busting their asses through that gauntlet of a season?

Why should they even feel obligated to go back at all? One Olympic gold medal isn't enough?

I'd be fine if they had the guts to tell people they wanted the time off. But they are just trying to protect their endorsements while getting the time off. You can't have it both ways...

Kstat
07-07-2012, 04:09 PM
sure you can. They more than earned the right to have it both ways.

They earned an NBA title. They earned Olympic gold. They earned the right to have their cake and eat it too.

mattie
07-07-2012, 04:11 PM
All the journalists are now complaining about these fake accounts. All because in the rush to press the retweet button, they can't for a moment check for a blue verification. How hard is that? Seriously?

BlueNGold
07-07-2012, 04:11 PM
sure you can. They more than earned the right to have it both ways.

No, they earned a championship and that's it. They still have to earn their endorsements and ducking out of the Olympics doesn't help them there. Just the way it is....

5_7_Clash
07-07-2012, 04:12 PM
I know I'm a newbie, but I'd like to recommend that these threads be locked or deleted when the info is verified to be fake. Seems unnecessary.

mattie
07-07-2012, 04:12 PM
By the way I have NEVER retweeted a fake account on accident and I obviously don't have to worry about verifying stories...