PDA

View Full Version : Elton Brand to be amnestied...

ejwallace
07-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The 76ers have decided to use the amnesty clause on Elton Brand and the $18M left on final year of his deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

esabyrn333
07-06-2012, 11:16 AM
I personally would not mind having Elton Brand backing up David West this year. If the money is right

Team Indy
07-06-2012, 01:05 PM
The FO should bid around 4m for player X.

Steagles
07-06-2012, 01:58 PM
He's fine by me around <6M. That is about the max I'd give him.

Really?
07-06-2012, 02:17 PM
If only we could trade Hans, they offer similar things on offense and defense, but Elton has a little extra in my opinion, more offensive moves, better rebounder, better at blocking shots and getting steals. Also he has more experience on his side, how does the contract stuff work with the amnestied players, does the new team just offer an amount for the rest of the contract, or do they build their own new contract?

Cubs231721
07-06-2012, 02:24 PM
If only we could trade Hans, they offer similar things on offense and defense, but Elton has a little extra in my opinion, more offensive moves, better rebounder, better at blocking shots and getting steals. Also he has more experience on his side, how does the contract stuff work with the amnestied players, does the new team just offer an amount for the rest of the contract, or do they build their own new contract?

If it's like last year (which I think it is) the teams who are under the cap get to place blind bids for him. Whoever has the highest bid gets him. Then his new team pays that amount to him, and the old team pays the rest. So if the Pacers bid 4 million and that was the highest bid, then they would pay him that and the 76ers would pay him 14 million.

The Pacers probably won't have enough space to land Brand in addition to Mayo (if they match Roy), but they might be able to land Lee+Brand. Whatever cap room they aren't reserving for a scorer I'd probably be willing to throw as a bid to Brand (probably 3-5 million). If it works and is the high bid, the Pacers will have filled both of their key bench weaknesses with decent players.

3 8 thee great t h
07-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Espn has just confirmed it

3 8 thee great t h
07-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Espn has just confirmed it

naptownmenace
07-06-2012, 04:53 PM
I think he'd be great off the bench and insurance in the event of an injury to West. If they can get him for less than 5 mill a year, I think he'd be a good addition.