PDA

View Full Version : Ben Wallace's comments are irresponsible.

McKeyFan
11-22-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm ticked at Ben Wallace. I've always liked him before this.

In his comments on TV, he says he's not sorry at all for Artest. He has an obvious attitude, and did nothing, absolutely nothing, to bring peace and order to the confusion that occured and could occur again apart from people acting responsibly--and going the extra mile to make sure more near-riots don't occur.

Contrast his statements with those of Ron and JO. Granted, they were scripted, but they had to give permission to put them out there.

Sure, you can say Ron and JO MUST have a conciliatory tone because they got in so much trouble. But if Stern was objective, and if he could get into Ben's heart, then Wallace deserves 30 games too. He is not acting the part of a "peacemaker."

Unless Ben changes his tone, he is only adding to the percentage chance of some whacko at Conseco to start slugging on him and challenging him to wait for security rather than retaliate himself. It's a bad recipe, and I hope cooler heads pursuade Ben Wallace to change his rhetoric.

Lord Helmet
11-22-2004, 07:10 PM
Well Ben will not get 30 or even 15 games.All Stern sees is big bad Ron Artest running into the stands attacking Piston fans. :mad: