PDA

View Full Version : George Hill Courting Courtney Lee

BornReady#6
07-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Indiana Pacers point guard George Hill had a real nice vacation in the Virgin Islands considering his agent agreed to a new five-year contract with the Pacers while he was relaxing in paradise.

So after he returned Hill was excited and looking to add a familiar face to the Pacers roster. Unrestricted free agent Courtney Lee who played against Hill in high school at Pike High School and played with him untold number of times in a variety of local hoop settings would be a real nice fit for the Pacers right now. At least Hill thinks, so.Hill and Lee were taken four spots apart in the first round of 2008 NBA draft and both have carved out solid careers considering they were always overshadowed in high school by other high profile players in Indy. The local legend angle is nice for the Pacers, but more importantly, a versatile wing who can defend and hit the three like Lee would fill the gap in the playing rotations left by Leandro Barbosa.

The Rockets had their eyes on bigger prizes when they turned Lee loose, so they may be the leading contenders to sign him again. Along with the Pacers, Chicago, Washington and L.A. Clippers are also reportedly showing interest in Lee's services.

George Hill Tweet:

#PacerNation Let's Try to get another hometown guy Courtney Lee home in that #Blue&Gold What y'all think

Nice upgrade over Barbosa as far as shooting, Barbosa could drive the lane a bit more I think, but is aging a bit more. I would like this move, now we just need to sign Ersan and Hibbert.

Jon Theodore
07-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Is Courtney Lee that much better than Dahntay Jones. I have never followed C. Lee so I am seriously asking, from what i've read they seem to be rather similar players.... Defensive oriented, good at shooting the corner three, etc.

BornReady
07-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Is Courtney Lee that much better than Dahntay Jones. I have never followed C. Lee so I am seriously asking, from what i've read they seem to be rather similar players.... Defensive oriented, good at shooting the corner three, etc.

I think so. From what I've seen, Lee is very team oriented in how he plays and synergizes well. Its not a knock on Dahntay, but sometimes, Dahntay appears to think he's Kobe. Lee also shoots 3s better, if I'm not mistakened.