PDA

View Full Version : Portland Says They'll Match on Nic Batum

IndyHoya
07-05-2012, 08:58 PM
It's posted on a rumor mill but it sounds plausible.

http://tinyurl.com/d568zby

Batum wants out of Portland and Minnesota made him a good offer. The question is, if this is true, does Portland's matching Batum and maxing on Roy blow Portland's cap space?

ejwallace
07-05-2012, 09:02 PM
It's posted on a rumor mill but it sounds plausible.

http://tinyurl.com/d568zby

Batum wants out of Portland and Minnesota made him a good offer. The question is, if this is true, does Portland's matching Batum and maxing on Roy blow Portland's $17M in cap space?

If I am not mistaken, if they match Batum before the Pacers counter their offer to Hibbert, they won't be able to offer max to Hibbert due to their cap....

IndyHoya
07-05-2012, 09:07 PM
If I am not mistaken, if they match Batum before the Pacers counter their offer to Hibbert, they won't be able to offer max to Hibbert due to their cap....

I heard the same thing. I think Minnesota was going to pay Batum $10M But that was a few days ago. Wondering if it's true.

See below:

http://tinyurl.com/6vm3umc

ejwallace
07-05-2012, 09:11 PM
I heard the same thing. I think Minnesota was going to pay Batum $6M. But that was a few days ago. Wondering if it's true.

According to http://minnesota.sbnation.com/2012/7/5/3139780/nicolas-batum-free-agency-minnesota-wild-news-updates-results it's an 11M/yr offer.....If they match, according to http://www.indycornrows.com/2012/7/1/3131039/jaynes-batum-offer-may-put-portland-trail-blazers-offer-to-hibbert-in-jeopardy-indiana-pacers Portland would only have about 12M available and therefor would not be able to give Roy the max deal....I guess it depends on who holds out the longest on this one.....

IndyHoya
07-05-2012, 09:21 PM
That can't be true. We paid GH3 $8 million per. There's no way they were getting Batum for less than that.

My bad. It's like $10M or $11M. I corrected below.

*astrisk*
07-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Its all about the timing. If Batum gets his offer filed at 12:01 and Hibbert has his filed at 12:10... Technically they would have to withdraw hibberts offer and make him renegotiate with us or whoever has space.

Jon Theodore
07-05-2012, 09:44 PM
So maybe the Pacers front office isn't mishandling the negotiations....;)

*astrisk*
07-05-2012, 09:45 PM
My guess is portland will get roys in asap

Pacer Fan
07-05-2012, 09:45 PM
I could be wrong but I'm not seeing any problem for Portland to do both Batum and Hibbert. They are at 29.5 mil. Hickson and Crawford are off the books now. I'm sure that is why they didn't do a QO on Hickson. Please correct me if I'm wrong with details!!

IndyHoya
07-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Right. They can't sign Batum unless they sign Hibbert first. Hmmmm...suppose we don't match on Hibbert until 7/14...

*astrisk*
07-05-2012, 09:47 PM
So maybe the Pacers front office isn't mishandling the negotiations....;)

As I have said from the beginning. I believe we are gonna wait then out and see what happens...

*astrisk*
07-05-2012, 09:49 PM
I could be wrong but I'm not seeing any problem for Portland to do both Batum and Hibbert. They are at 29.5 mil. Hickson and Crawford are off the books now. I'm sure that is why they didn't do a QO on Hickson. Please correct me if I'm wrong with details!!

You may actually be right on that. Ill look at it in 15 min. If somebody else hasn't already.

IndyHoya
07-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Well...it isn't rumor any more. Lots of reputable papers/journalists saying Portland told Batum they were going to match the Timberwolves offer....

And more stuff....Roy's been joining all these Portland Twitter feeds and today Roy was in Portland. Wonder what it all means?

Is Roy suddenly in love with Portland?

Or is all this some kind of a ploy orchestrated by Kevin Pritchard (who hates Paul Allen) playing Portland like a hooked carp.

Or is Falk playing both Portland and Indy off against one another? We'll see I guess.

We've never heard Roy ever say he wanted to leave Indy. Can't believe he wouldn't prefer to stay in Indiana.

The drama continues...

*astrisk*
07-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Well, let me say this too... Roy, as you Twitter guys know is very active on Twitter. He reads everything, and retweets often...

3 days ago, for shizz and gigs, I looked up @hoya2ablazer. Roy is @hoya2apacer. And it was registered to one Roy Hibbert. (Wasn't checked tho)

I posted to him that an impersonator may be out there and he needed to report it and retweet if it was a fake. And he never retweeted. And as of yesterday it was still active.

*astrisk*
07-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Actually @hoya2ablazer is still active

Lance George
07-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Its all about the timing. If Batum gets his offer filed at 12:01 and Hibbert has his filed at 12:10... Technically they would have to withdraw hibberts offer and make him renegotiate with us or whoever has space.

Edit: It looks like this is wrong.

Twitter / LarryCoon: @axel360 His previous cap (https://twitter.com/LarryCoon/status/219605343330766849)

From my understanding, as long as Hibbert signs Portland's offer sheet before their deadline on matching Batum -- July 14th, at the earliest -- they can sign both.

Nuntius
07-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Well, let me say this too... Roy, as you Twitter guys know is very active on Twitter. He reads everything, and retweets often...

3 days ago, for shizz and gigs, I looked up @hoya2ablazer. Roy is @hoya2apacer. And it was registered to one Roy Hibbert. (Wasn't checked tho)

I posted to him that an impersonator may be out there and he needed to report it and retweet if it was a fake. And he never retweeted. And as of yesterday it was still active.

Actually @hoya2ablazer is still active

A guy mentioned it in another thread and said it was a "funny" account so I guess that the impersonator is one of our very own PDers.

Pacersalltheway10
07-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Well...it isn't rumor any more. Lots of reputable papers/journalists saying Portland told Batum they were going to match the Timberwolves offer....

And more stuff....Roy's been joining all these Portland Twitter feeds and today Roy was in Portland. Wonder what it all means?

Is Roy suddenly in love with Portland?

Or is all this some kind of a ploy orchestrated by Kevin Pritchard (who hates Paul Allen) playing Portland like a hooked carp.

Or is Falk playing both Portland and Indy off against one another? We'll see I guess.

We've never heard Roy ever say he wanted to leave Indy. Can't believe he wouldn't prefer to stay in Indiana.

The drama continues...His heart and his bank account are now in Portland.

Sandman21
07-06-2012, 01:00 AM
and today Roy was in Portland. Wonder what it all means?
Allegedly.
I still think someone was pulling some legs there, especially since Roy tweeted that he was in Maryland.

Checking the flight tracker, the only Dulles to Portland direct flight was in the evening yesterday.

RWB
07-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Allegedly.
I still think someone was pulling some legs there, especially since Roy tweeted that he was in Maryland.

Checking the flight tracker, the only Dulles to Portland direct flight was in the evening yesterday. Thank you for posting that. I hope Roy stays but if he goes then I can handle it if it's his normal classy way. This hanging out at Portland would just burn my @ss. I believe Roy has shown to be better than that so let's just wait and see. Glad Roy is at home trying to figure it all out.

Sandman21
07-06-2012, 01:12 AM
I mean, I'm not going to rule it out, but Roy was in Maryland DC area for the 4th, then to go to Portland and then BACK to Maryland/DC in one day?

Not impossible, but why would you do it?

Sandman21
07-06-2012, 01:18 AM
John Canzano ‏@JohnCanzanoBFT

My producers reached Roy Hibbert.... had a conversation with him about Portland. Be on @750thegame at 3 p.m.

http://ab955.platformicstaging.com/common/global_audio/379/68172.mp3

BrownBearCoffee
07-06-2012, 01:20 AM
John Canzano ‏@JohnCanzanoBFT

My producers reached Roy Hibbert.... had a conversation with him about Portland. Be on @750thegame at 3 p.m.

Well that's a bit unsettling.

Pacersalltheway10
07-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Sounds like Roys confident he'll end up in Portland. This ****ing sucks.

Sandman21
07-06-2012, 01:25 AM
No biggie, the producer just called him. Roy DIDN'T actually go to Portland. In fact, the producer interrupted him during brunch with his family.

Go about halfway through the MP3.

Sounds like Roys confident he'll end up in Portland. This ****ing sucks.
He didn't call the station, they called him.

BrownBearCoffee
07-06-2012, 01:28 AM
No biggie, the producer just called him. Roy DIDN'T actually go to Portland. In fact, the producer interrupted him during brunch with his family.

That sounds a little better. I'm just gonna keep to my original plan and assume we are bringing in Mayo and keeping Roy since we already have Hill.

:-p good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts :-p

IndyHoya
07-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Thank you for posting that. I hope Roy stays but if he goes then I can handle it if it's his normal classy way. This hanging out at Portland would just burn my @ss. I believe Roy has shown to be better than that so let's just wait and see. Glad Roy is at home trying to figure it all out.

My bad for passing on wrong info. What happened was a Portland sports radio producer called Roy in DC where he was visiting with his family. Roy didn't actually go to Portland. The conversation with the producer wasn't taped, so it's hard to say what was said. Probably nothing anyone can take to the bank.

As mentioned before, this whole Portland/Indiana set to over Roy is getting really murky. You have to be like a Kremlinologist to follow and figure it all out. Roy's tweet about "discussing the past, present and future with his family" in Maryland can be read a lot of ways too. It's all getting beyond me.

RWB
07-06-2012, 09:55 AM
So the Blazers owner is ticked that Minny pushed so hard to get Batum. Makes you wonder when folks here make the comment Paul Allen maybe enough of an @ss to have some additional motivation in messing with Pritchard that maybe that really isn't a silly thought after all.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Ken Berger: Others have touched on this, but Blazers have nothing but contempt for Minnesota's bid for RFA Nicolas Batum. Sorry, Nic, you're staying. Twitter

John Canzano: Vulcan source: Paul Allen "livid" with Minnesota's pursuit of Nic Batum. Feels they're in this only to drive Portland's price higher. Twitter

Speed
07-06-2012, 09:56 AM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Ken Berger: Others have touched on this, but Blazers have nothing but contempt for Minnesota's bid for RFA Nicolas Batum. Sorry, Nic, you're staying. Twitter

John Canzano: Vulcan source: Paul Allen "livid" with Minnesota's pursuit of Nic Batum. Feels they're in this only to drive Portland's price higher. Twitter

Or you could just look up the word hypocrisy in the dictionary and see this same type of thing. Paul Allen's a tool.

Rogco
07-06-2012, 10:14 AM
4 years and 45 I think is the offer. Don't see how portland can keep him and sign hibbert.

Hicks
07-06-2012, 11:31 AM
4 years and 45 I think is the offer. Don't see how portland can keep him and sign hibbert.

Their owner has more money than Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark combined. They'll manage.

Sandman21
07-06-2012, 12:01 PM
So the Blazers owner is ticked that Minny pushed so hard to get Batum. Makes you wonder when folks here make the comment Paul Allen maybe enough of an @ss to have some additional motivation in messing with Pritchard that maybe that really isn't a silly thought after all.
Maybe that letter Pritchard sent out to teams regarding signing Darius Miles wasn't actually from Pritchard after all....