PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lowry Traded

3 8 thee great t h
07-05-2012, 03:50 PM
http://mobile.sbnation.com/nba/2012/7/5/3139293/kyle-lowry-trade-toronto-raptors-houston-rockets

After losing out on Steve Nash, the Raptors have rebounded, acquiring Kyle Lowry in a trade with the Houston Rockets.

Jul 5, 2012 - A few months ago, Kyle Lowry was considered an untouchable in Houston. On July 5, the Rockets have traded him to the Toronto Raptors, according to ESPN's Marc Stein. The Rockets will receive a first-round pick with very little lottery protection, according to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski.

Talk of trading Lowry to the Raptors heated up around the time of the 2012 NBA Draft, but things fell through. The Raptors were thinking about dealing the Rockets their first-round pick at No. 8 overall, but they instead selected Terrence Ross. Lowry has been on the trade block since telling the Houston Chronicle that he cannot coexist with coach Kevin McHale.

The Raptors, meanwhile, rebound nicely from losing out on Steve Nash. Lowry was having an all-star caliber year before suffering an illness that caused him to lose his starting job to Goran Dragic. Dragic recently signed in Phoenix, so the Rockets must hope their offer sheet to restricted free agent Jeremy Lin is enough to pry him away from the Knicks.

By mike Prada

Coupe
07-05-2012, 04:24 PM
We are bad rebounders.

The Future
07-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Thats it???

Wow

yoadknux
07-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Couldn't we have offered Collison and a future 1st or two? or Collison+Hansbrough/West for Lowry and Scola? They are rebuilding, I bet they would have LOVED to get rid of Scola
I'm not too high on him and I don't think he's a franchise changer but dude is on a great contract and is a lot better than whoever we got now

Doddage
07-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Couldn't we have offered Collison and a future 1st or two? or Collison+Hansbrough/West for Lowry and Scola?
I'm sure if those deals were available to us, they'd be done by now. I highly doubt Pritchard is being unaggressive with trade talks.

Pacemaker
07-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Wow, for how long we should stay patient?

McKeyFan
07-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Wow, for how long we should stay patient?

3 years.

The same answer we got six years ago.

Pingu
07-05-2012, 05:49 PM
I am glad we did not go after a guy who shot 40% from the field last year (he shot the ball worse than Danny last year!).

vnzla81
07-05-2012, 05:50 PM
3 years.

The same answer we got six years ago.

:burn:

:laugh: funniest and saddest post of the year :laugh:...... :cry:

ilive4sports
07-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Couldn't we have offered Collison and a future 1st or two? or Collison+Hansbrough/West for Lowry and Scola? They are rebuilding, I bet they would have LOVED to get rid of Scola
I'm not too high on him and I don't think he's a franchise changer but dude is on a great contract and is a lot better than whoever we got now
wait, you want to offer DC and 2 first round picks for Kyle Lowry? WTF?!

MyFavMartin
07-05-2012, 06:21 PM
DC for Jordan Hill?

cdash
07-05-2012, 07:41 PM
DC for Jordan Hill?

Go fish.

MyFavMartin
07-05-2012, 10:11 PM
DC for Patrick Patterson?

cdash
07-05-2012, 11:12 PM
DC for Patrick Patterson?

I don't know how I feel about Patrick Patterson, honestly, but the Rockets are an ideal trading partner. They currently have dick for point guards on their roster and a glut of 3/4 types on rookie contracts. I suspect their goal is something a little grander than Darren Collison, but they may have interest.

ECKrueger
07-05-2012, 11:35 PM
I don't know how I feel about Patrick Patterson, honestly, but the Rockets are an ideal trading partner. They currently have dick for point guards on their roster and a glut of 3/4 types on rookie contracts. I suspect their goal is something a little grander than Darren Collison, but they may have interest.

Glad we don't have dicks and gluts on our team.

vnzla81
07-05-2012, 11:46 PM

The rumor is that they are going for a better version of DC in Brooks.

cdash
07-05-2012, 11:48 PM
The rumor is that they are going for a better version of DC in Brooks.

Yeah I saw that. I'm not really sure Brooks is much better, but whatever they want to do.

pacer4ever
07-06-2012, 03:48 AM
Scott Machado is their best pg now I hope he kills it in SL. Then gets the shot he deserves and proves me right :laugh:

ballism
07-06-2012, 07:38 AM
wait, you want to offer DC and 2 first round picks for Kyle Lowry? WTF?!

i would too. Lowry is better, DC will want a raise soon, so his value will go much lower. The 2 picks would be mid 20s. Just add necessary draft protections and do it.

But would you take it as the Rockets? The Rockets always take talent/value over need. The Raptors pick will probably be in the 8-10 range again.
That sounds more valuable than 1 year of DC and two very late picks.

JB24
07-06-2012, 07:52 AM
I think this is a horrible deal for the Rockets. With how terrible the Raptors' roster was last season (not to mention all the injuries to their best player), they still ended up with the 8th pick in the draft. I think they're too well-coached to finish any worse than 9th or 10th in the east, and are a dark horse for the playoffs. Plus they still have the pieces to acquire another Lowry-level player ( Iggy, Gay etc...).

JB24
07-06-2012, 08:03 AM
btw, how solid has the Atlantic Division suddenly become in the space of a few weeks? The Southeast and our own Central Divisions are now probably the dregs of the league.

ballism
07-06-2012, 08:19 AM
I think this is a horrible deal for the Rockets. With how terrible the Raptors' roster was last season (not to mention all the injuries to their best player), they still ended up with the 8th pick in the draft. I think they're too well-coached to finish any worse than 9th or 10th in the east, and are a dark horse for the playoffs. Plus they still have the pieces to acquire another Lowry-level player ( Iggy, Gay etc...).

Yes, but 1 more loss and they could've been #5. two losses - #3. three losses - only the Bobcats would be worse.
Everyone was so close this year, it means very little.

If they get Iggy or Gay, i could see them being much better.
If they don't, I think they are ~#8 pick again. It may be #10, but I think #5 is not out of the question either.