PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Pacers Draft Pick 26

Kraut N Beer
07-05-2012, 02:58 PM
There was another poll on Miles Plumlee vs. Draymond Green, but many wanted someone other than either of those two. Now that you've had a week to mull this over, who would you pick? Please assume that you have to make the pick at pick 26 and trading the pick wasn't available.

Doddage
07-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Neither.

Sparhawk
07-05-2012, 03:09 PM
def should have been PJIII or Moultrie. Granger would have had a nice backup in PJIII (can bring him along slowly) or we could have drafted a possible PF replacement for West (Moultrie).

Instead we get to experience a 23 year old, who's super athletic and great at playing pickup games. It's too bad he won't do anything in real games. I take that back, I haven't seen him yet, but I still don't see how a 23 year old, who's still a project, is supposed to get that much better. Guys like Plumlee are a dime a dozen...could have just resigned Fez.

Unclebuck
07-05-2012, 03:11 PM
I'll tell you in a year or two. Right now I have no opinion.

xIndyFan
07-05-2012, 03:14 PM
i would have drafted PJ3. but cannot argue that he was the best choice. I kept reading scouts comments that compared him to tim thomas. That alone is a good reason not to draft him.

I'm OK with the Pacers choice of Miles. They are the guys that looked at all the tape and had all the workouts. Plus they know about a bazillion times more about what makes a good NBA player. So I'm cool with it.

I would have done differently, but can't say I'm smarter about this than Larry Bird is.

Sparhawk
07-05-2012, 03:20 PM
i would have drafted PJ3. but cannot argue that he was the best choice. I kept reading scouts comments that compared him to tim thomas. That alone is a good reason not to draft him.

I'm OK with the Pacers choice of Miles. They are the guys that looked at all the tape and had all the workouts. Plus they know about a bazillion times more about what makes a good NBA player. So I'm cool with it.

I would have done differently, but can't say I'm smarter about this than Larry Bird is.

I think Tim Thomas at the end of the first is a great pick.

Strummer
07-05-2012, 03:21 PM
I remember when they fell in love with Jeff Foster. It was during workouts when he out sprinted the guards. Sounds like Miles made the same kind of impression on them.

I'm happy to trust the front office to make the choice.

Sparhawk
07-05-2012, 03:32 PM
I remember when they fell in love with Jeff Foster. It was during workouts when he out sprinted the guards. Sounds like Miles made the same kind of impression on them.

Foster also put up better numbers.

xIndyFan
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
I think Tim Thomas at the end of the first is a great pick.

respectfully, no it's not. Thomas was a total waste. One of those guys that the sum of the parts was greater than the whole. GM's saw all that size, athleticism and shooting and couldn't believe the guy couldn't play, until they had him on their team. Then they understood.

xIndyFan
07-05-2012, 03:37 PM

If Miles turns out to be Jeff foster, then the pick was fine.

Strummer
07-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Foster also put up better numbers.

I'm old, I've seen plenty of stud college players wash out in the NBA. And I've seen plenty of projects fail. There's no one on Pacer's Digest that has more or better insight than the Pacers front office.

Would Foster have put up the same numbers playing for last years Duke team? I don't know. Neither do you. And it doesn't really matter.