PDA

View Full Version : Mark Jackson: I'll be ready (if the Pacers ask me to play)

Dr Huxtable
11-22-2004, 07:11 PM
On SportsCenter, Dan Patrick was having a discussion with George Karl and Mark Jackson. The question came up about who the Pacers are going to sign now, and Dan asked Mark, since he is 39 years old, if he would consider playing for the Pacers if they asked him. He said that he would be ready if they call him.

Dan Patrick also brought up the interesting point of picking up Karl Malone. :o As much as I hate Karl, that might help a lot.

Hicks
11-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Historically I hate the gutless things Karl's done, but at this point, we're desperate. If we got him, I'd be excited.

MSA2CF
11-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Mark said that?

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::l ove::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::lov e::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::l ove:

blanket
11-22-2004, 07:19 PM
I think Mark Jackson has already burned that bridge. If he hadn't before, then siding with Stern over the suspensions certainly did it. Of course, what do we need a slow, past-his-prime point guard for, anyway?

Now Karl Malone... that's a different story! :love:

zxc
11-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Yeah, lucky for us another point guard is the last thing we need to fill in the roster right now.

Sollozzo
11-22-2004, 07:34 PM
Harrison has 13....Mark would have to get a different number.

Kegboy
11-22-2004, 07:44 PM
I agree with Blanket. At the very least Mark burned his last bridge with me. If we really need a washed up PG, I'd much rather have Greg Anthony. He's the only guy from Friday night's Shootaround who hasn't backed off from defending Artest.
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

Jerm
11-22-2004, 07:45 PM
While I think Mark Jackson was a great point guard, Tinsley should be back soon and Gill is a servicable back up.

Malone is an interesting prospect. But isn't our only small forward James Jones at the moment? Our only 2 guard is Freddie? Those are the positions I'm most worried about.

Shade
11-22-2004, 07:49 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Do it, Donnie! :devil:

And for our other two fill-ins, we'll take Michael Jordan and Dennis Rodman, please. :devil:

Lord Helmet
11-22-2004, 07:52 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Do it, Donnie! :devil:

And for our other two fill-ins, we'll take Michael Jordan and Dennis Rodman, please. :devil:
:laugh: :devil:

FiestyFosterFanatic
11-22-2004, 08:07 PM
I think we should look at Malone, but Jackson we really don't need. AJ will be off the IL soon, and we have Tinsley and Gill. We really don't need 4 point guards.

Terrymo
11-22-2004, 08:21 PM
I don't want his *** after he said the crap he did the other day. Jordan and Malone, now that's a different story.

Netweeny
11-22-2004, 08:24 PM
ESPN threw out Gary Trent's name as well. Mark's too old and after last years verbal sparring between Reggie and Karl, I doubt Karl even want's to play here. Trent sound's like a more viable option.

Arcadian
11-22-2004, 08:26 PM
I enjoyed watching Mark say that the Pacer organization was at fault for Ron's behavior. Yes, this is definiatly a guy we got to get into the locker room.:rolleyes:

Shade
11-22-2004, 08:45 PM
ESPN threw out Gary Trent's name as well. Mark's too old and after last years verbal sparring between Reggie and Karl, I doubt Karl even want's to play here. Trent sound's like a more viable option.

Is it really any worse than all the verbal sparring he had with the Lakers when he was in Utah?

Terrymo
11-22-2004, 08:53 PM
I don't ever want to see Jax *** back in a Pacers uniform after what he said on ESPN. He's a jerk.:mad::mad:

Terrymo
11-22-2004, 08:53 PM
I don't ever want to see Jax *** back in a Pacers uniform after what he said on ESPN. He's a jerk.:mad::mad:

Netweeny
11-22-2004, 09:32 PM
You may have a point there Shade. ;) But I highly doubt we'll ever see Karl in a Pacer uni. I'm not against signing him, it's just that I don't see it happening. Karl and Reggie don't seem to get along, Karl has stated he wants to stay in the west, and even stay with the Lakers if he is going to play at all. And hell, he probably enjoys riding his horses more than basketball now...who knows.... :p

Vicious Tyrant
11-23-2004, 07:28 AM
I want to just jump in and say, I don't think actually bringing Jax (the REAL Jax) back is in any way a quality idea, but to say the guy is a jerk?

Were you a fan back when he was our starting PG? The man was pure quality - pure quality. Maybe a little slow, maybe a little too religious, maybe a little too lame in his pre-free throw ritual, but the man was A-1.

As far as I'm concerned he earned all of our enduring respect.

:angel: