PDA

View Full Version : Who else do the Pacers go after?

Pacersalltheway10
07-04-2012, 04:46 PM
With Eric Gordon, Steve Nash, and Deron Williams off the market, who should the Pacers target. OJ Mayo, Jason Kidd, B. Roy????

Psyren
07-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Sign Kaman and Delfino

That should make us contenders.

/green

granger4mvp
07-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Sign Kaman and Delfino

That should make us contenders.

/green

Don't forget javel McGee

PR07
07-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Probably a second tier guy like OJ Mayo, Courtney Lee, Chauncey Billups, Jason Kidd, or Brandon Bass.

*astrisk*
07-04-2012, 05:02 PM
After Hibbert, I would like to see us pick-up Courtney Lee... Good shooter from range, and very good defender. Would be a great 6th man for us...

OlBlu
07-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Probably a second tier guy like OJ Mayo, Courtney Lee, Chauncey Billups, Jason Kidd, or Brandon Bass.

I think Billips and Kidd are washed up but I like your other suggestions.....:cool:

aamcguy
07-04-2012, 05:15 PM
I think we need to pick up a swingman who is either a good jump shooter or an adept ball handler and a scoring PF.

So in this order I would like:

Brandon Roy
OJ Mayo
T-Mac
Michael Redd
Courtney Lee

and

Carl Landry
Jeff Green
Michael Beasley
Antwaan Jamison

We already have a full team. But the overall skill level and experience in this year's FA class is incredible, and if you can pick up 2 good players you do it. And as time goes by there will still be players that can fit a need available for good bargains. (This is assuming we retain Hibbert)

ECKrueger
07-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Mayo and Landry would be good to me.

DaveP63
07-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Brandon Roy.

LA_Confidential
07-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Looks like were in win now mode, while still keeping an eye on the future. I fire Mayo would be a decent option, can't say too much about Lee. I never paid any attention after Orlandos finals run. Bass seems cool but its like hes only good for jumpers and we need alutter more than that from our 3rd big. Is say Kaman would be a win at a deal below 10million. We can always bring back Barbosa too.

BigAndy
07-04-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't know, but I sure hope KP and Walsh have something up their sleeves. When free agency started we were being linked with like every FA on the market and it's looking more and more like we're going to be lucky to even get any mediocre players.

Hicks
07-04-2012, 05:28 PM

I'd be happy to bring Roy back and then add Mayo or Lee, and then also Bass or Landry if possible.

Or just Kaman if he'd come play 30 min off the bench at the 5 & 4.

mrknowname
07-04-2012, 05:29 PM
gerald green would be a nice pickup. 13 points in about 25 minutes

PaceBalls
07-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Guys don't have career ending knee issues and magically get better from visiting some clinic in Germany... no to Brandon Roy. I'd like to see OJ finally arrive in Indy, and of course we need to bring back Hungry Hungry Hibbert!

Doddage
07-04-2012, 05:32 PM
O.J. Mayo and Gerald Green

DGPR
07-04-2012, 05:33 PM
OJ Mayo and Carl Landry

Miller_time04
07-04-2012, 05:33 PM
I'd like Mayo or bRoy and then Bass. Then sign Hibbert.

ECKrueger
07-04-2012, 05:39 PM
I originally said Mayo and Landry, but I'll take lee. I forgot OJ thinks he's a pg.

Bass would be nice too.

LA_Confidential
07-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Earlier I posted that I didn't know much about Lee but at second glance he looks like a good pick up. He's energetic, can score off the dribble, is a good spot up shooter, plays passing lanes well and is a good on ball defender. In a nut shell he looks like a bigger version of GH3. But you've gotta take YouTube highlights with a grain of salt.

vnzla81
07-04-2012, 05:42 PM
At this point I hope we make a trade, none of those guys you guys are mentioning are going to take us to the next level.

pacer4ever
07-04-2012, 05:46 PM
At this point I hope we make a trade, none of those guys you guys are mentioning are going to take us to the next level.

Sadly a trade won't bring us a player that takes us to contender level. Unless w some how get a steal of epic Proportions

pacers74
07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
After Hibbert, we should go for OJ. If we can't land him, then we should go after Lee. Either of them would make a great 6th man, although I think OJ would push PG for the starting SG spot.

Hicks
07-04-2012, 05:52 PM

What are these mythical 'levels'? You're locked into one or the other, and there's no in between? I don't buy that at all. No, nothing will give us a super-roster like Miami or OKC. But that doesn't mean we can't improve our bench. It doesn't mean some of our starters don't improve. It doesn't mean better chemistry can't result in any improvement through less errors being made. Those things matter. They're small things, but they matter.

You're going to be dead before you see this team with a super roster like Miami or OKC. So I suggest worrying about things that might actually happen. Best we can do is narrrow the gap between us and the favorites; we'll never be the favorites. Fortunately, the favorites don't always win. That's why we play the games.

ballism
07-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Green would be the perfect backup 4 for us. but i believe i read he's very close to a Celtics deal.

OlBlu
07-04-2012, 05:57 PM
What are these mythical 'levels'? You're locked into one or the other, and there's no in between? I don't buy that at all. No, nothing will give us a super-roster like Miami or OKC. But that doesn't mean we can't improve our bench. It doesn't mean some of our starters don't improve. It doesn't mean better chemistry can't result in any improvement through less errors being made. Those things matter. They're small things, but they matter.

You're going to be dead before you see this team with a super roster like Miami or OKC. So I suggest worrying about things that might actually happen. Best we can do is narrrow the gap between us and the favorites; we'll never be the favorites. Fortunately, the favorites don't always win. That's why we play the games.

Very well said.........:cool:

PacersPride
07-04-2012, 06:05 PM
i still feel point gaurd is the position needing an upgrade the most. i dont think hill or dc is the answer. are there any young pg's out there we could acquire via trade.

granger has to be considered a trade asset going forward. its time for paul george to move to small forward if not this season then next.

pacers must find a point gaurd, even its a young player and can be groomed for the position.

any teams that have such player. i know dragic - pg from houston is an option, but i prefer a younger player at this point.

vnzla81
07-04-2012, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE]What are these mythical 'levels'? You're locked into one or the other, and there's no in between?

Yes there is a between and if we keep filling the team with mediocre talent we are going to be in between for a long time.

I don't buy that at all. No, nothing will give us a super-roster like Miami or OKC. But that doesn't mean we can't improve our bench. It doesn't mean some of our starters don't improve. It doesn't mean better chemistry can't result in any improvement through less errors being made. Those things matter. They're small things, but they matter.

Yes some of our starters can improve but I don't expect them to improve to the point were we don't need to ad a player that can take people of the dribble and hit clutch shots, we don't have anybody like that on the starting unit.

I have never say that we need a superteam or anything like that, I know that is not going to happen, my point is that to close the gap as you are saying we need to get better players than Lee, Mayo and all the players you guys are mentioning here.

Shade
07-04-2012, 06:24 PM
The two Roys (Hibbert and Brandon). Then work on some trades.

Tom White
07-04-2012, 06:57 PM
After Hibbert, we should go for OJ. If we can't land him, then we should go after Lee. Either of them would make a great 6th man, although I think OJ would push PG for the starting SG spot.

I think someone pushing George for his starting spot is the only way we are going to see any large amount of improvement from him.

Sparhawk
07-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Delonte West (frees up trading DC - who just isn't a good fit here)

Courtney Lee (3pt shot and defense)
OJ (if MLE type money)
Tracy McGrady (good teacher for PG. Dude's still got a little game left; his athleticism is gone, but he's a smart player and has adapted)

Gerald Green (can play SG/SF - Granger finally has a backup)

A Randolph (seriously, Hans needs to be the 3rd PF on this team)
Carl Landry (for the right price, but might be too expensive)
Kenyon Martin (Still has it, but I bet he chases after a ring)

Spotrac has a NBA free agent tracker and it's horrible. They have Lance Stephenson listed as a PF on there. LMAO!

Tom White
07-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Delonte West (frees up trading DC - who just isn't a good fit here)

Too damn strange. I view him as a problem just waiting to happen.

Sparhawk
07-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Too damn strange. I view him as a problem just waiting to happen.

yeah, he's weird, but he's a better fit for our system.

Tom White
07-04-2012, 07:22 PM
yeah, he's weird, but he's a better fit for our system.

Wasn't he the guy that got caught doing like 100mph on his motorcycle, and then they found weapons and stuff? Those are the sort of problems we don't need.

Sparhawk
07-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Wasn't he the guy that got caught doing like 100mph on his motorcycle, and then they found weapons and stuff? Those are the sort of problems we don't need.

I have no idea, but I think he was the one that had sex with Lebron's mom.

Pacerized
07-04-2012, 07:30 PM
With Eric Gordon, Steve Nash, and Deron Williams off the market, who should the Pacers target. OJ Mayo, Jason Kidd, B. Roy????

Steve Nash is not off the Market so let's write him off just because a reporter list the Knicks as the favorite. We might just need to move Jones to up the offer and match what Toronto offered. Then Nash would be looking at 36 mil on a contending team in the Pacers vs 25 mil on a lesser team in the Knicks.
Other then Nash the only other free agent that would really improve this team is Kaman. I don't want to chase any mediocre players with our cap space.

LoneGranger33
07-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Delonte West is insane, but I've always had a fondness for him and his college backcourt mate, Jameer Nelson, who is also a free agent. If we trade away DC, I certainly wouldn't mind taking a look at Jameer despite his age.

OlBlu
07-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Steve Nash is not off the Market so let's write him off just because a reporter list the Knicks as the favorite. We might just need to move Jones to up the offer and match what Toronto offered. Then Nash would be looking at 36 mil on a contending team in the Pacers vs 25 mil on a lesser team in the Knicks.
Other then Nash the only other free agent that would really improve this team is Kaman. I don't want to chase any mediocre players with our cap space.

This crap never ends........:cool:

ESutt7
07-04-2012, 07:58 PM
This crap never ends........:cool:

Seriously. We were never even on Nash's list. He isn't interested.

I agree that Brandon Roy's knees aren't going to magically hold up over 82 games. If he was healthy he'd be a perfect fit. He's already visited a few teams without visiting us, so I wonder where we are on his list.

I'd say Mayo and a PF that can take Tyler's spot. Bass would be great, but not sure what he'd cost. I'd be ok with Lee too, but he doesn't seem like a shot creator which is our biggest weakness IMO. I'd prefer Mayo to him.

Frees us up to trade Tyler or DC if a good opportunity arises.

pwee31
07-04-2012, 07:58 PM
I think we need a scorer off the bench, and another big or hybrid big off the bench that can score and rebound. Of course I feel we need to match Hibbert as well.

Mayo, Brandon Roy, Courtney Lee first. Gerald Green, Shannon Brown, Barbosa second for the guard scoring options.

Jeff Green, Kaman, Bass, Landry, Beasley, Ilyasova first. Jamison, Rashard Lewis, Anthiny Randolph, Jason Thompson, Jordan Hill second for big/hybrid off the bench

BigAndy
07-04-2012, 08:05 PM
There's was a really good stretch 4 that played for the Lakers last season. I don't remember what his name was, it was like Smurfy.....Murrphlee...I don't remember. Hopefully we don't match roy so that we can snatch that guy up with a max contract.

troyc11a
07-04-2012, 08:08 PM
I have been saying OJ Mayo and a PF/C combo. Are there not 12 spots accounted for now? Two more and then leave the final spot open for a move later in the year.

pwee31
07-04-2012, 08:16 PM
If you match Hibbert, I believe that leaves us with around $11-$12mil before the luxury tax. You also want to have some wiggle room if needed, so I say We're likely looking to spend $9-$10mil in free agency, and we're trying to do this while adding a couple pieces. So you'll like see us try to get a solid pickup at $6-$7mil starting salary, and then help on cheap deal at whatever spot we don't address

Justin Tyme
07-04-2012, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=Sparhawk;1472219]

Gerald Green (can play SG/SF - Granger finally has a backup) QUOTE]

A viable Granger b/u is needed. Green in a Pacers uni wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least.

kellogg
07-04-2012, 08:27 PM
I think we need to pick up a swingman who is either a good jump shooter or an adept ball handler and a scoring PF.

So in this order I would like:

Brandon Roy
OJ Mayo
T-Mac
Michael Redd
Courtney Lee

and

Carl Landry
Jeff Green
Michael Beasley
Antwaan Jamison

We already have a full team. But the overall skill level and experience in this year's FA class is incredible, and if you can pick up 2 good players you do it. And as time goes by there will still be players that can fit a need available for good bargains. (This is assuming we retain Hibbert)

No T-Mac...lazy...and I still remember him mocking his coach at Detroit from the bench...no thanks.

Can't see them risking bringing in a head case like Beasley.

Jamison would be a nice.

Justin Tyme
07-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Delonte West is insane, but I've always had a fondness for him and his college backcourt mate, Jameer Nelson, who is also a free agent. If we trade away DC, I certainly wouldn't mind taking a look at Jameer despite his age.

Nelson opted out of a 8.5 mil contract this coming season to be a FA. He's not looking to take less money.

Justin Tyme
07-04-2012, 08:39 PM
If Rashard Lewis would come cheap, he'd be a nice Granger b/u.

Speights would be interesting big. He can play the 4 & 5, and push Hansbrough to the b/u b/u PF. He shouldn't break the bank.

ECKrueger
07-04-2012, 08:39 PM
To all the people wanting Mayo: did you not see where he said he wants to be a pg or do you want him anyway?

OlBlu
07-04-2012, 08:43 PM
To all the people wanting Mayo: did you not see where he said he wants to be a pg or do you want him anyway?

Well, he is undersized for a SG and PGs are in such great demand.....:cool:

Justin Tyme

Plus he wants Hill type money.

LoneGranger33
Nelson opted out of a 8.5 mil contract this coming season to be a FA. He's not looking to take less money.

You're probably right, but I also think to some degree he just wants out of Orlando because of the Howard situation. I can't imagine he'll make much more than 8 million anywhere else.

PGisthefuture
07-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Honestly kinda confused with what we are doing in free agency. I am starting to kinda worry that we are gonna let Roy walk and sign Kaman as his replacement. On top of that all of the top guys are not considering us it seems. We haven't been rumored to be close to a deal with any FA's. I would like to think that we are at least making somewhat of a push to sign a guy like Mayo or Crawford, but I'm starting to doubt that.

I really hope we don't finish free agency with signing Delfino and Kaman and letting Roy walk.

CableKC
07-04-2012, 09:45 PM
i think that we don't do anything...yes, I'm that pessimistic about this Front Office.

troyc11a
07-04-2012, 09:45 PM

And Andrew Bynum wants to be a "stretch-5"! So what. It doesnt matter what Mayo wants. He would be our sg who can get to the rim. I dont think there is a legit chance someone will pay him to be their pg. He is trying to get more money that's all.

jeffg-body
07-04-2012, 09:48 PM
I would be happy with making sure big Roy stays a Pacer and then afterward working the trade lines to see if we can get a true back-up for Danny or a better b/u big man that has more of an offensive presence than Tyler.

Pacerized
07-04-2012, 09:58 PM
What other teams has Kaman had a meeting with? At this point I'd say get an offer on the table to him and still match Hibbert. I know Kaman doesn't help us like a top pg would but he's still the only free agent remaining that would improve this team. We'd have an advantage in the front court over any team in the East with Kaman, Hibbert, and West taking all the 4/5 minutes. We'd also have another quality big man that would give us depth to move someone in a trade for a top pg later in the summer or before the trade deadline. I'm for overpaying a little for Kaman by offering him most or all of our cap space, it's gone anyway once we match Hibbert. At worse it's better to bring in another asset then to lose the cap space with nothing to show for it.

PR07
07-04-2012, 09:59 PM
I'd be happy to bring Roy back and then add Mayo or Lee, and then also Bass or Landry if possible.

Given what's transpired so far, that would be one hell of an offseason. Probably add Brandon Roy along with Mayo or Lee as options.

OlBlu
07-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Given what's transpired so far, that would be one hell of an offseason. Probably add Brandon Roy along with Mayo or Lee as options.

You are right. I would be happy if they resign Hibbert and get one of that kind of player to build with......:cool:

pacers74
07-04-2012, 10:26 PM
I would pay OJ 6-7 mil per year.

Pacersalltheway10
07-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Remember if we match Hibbert then we won't have any cap space left , if we don't match him we only get about $5 mil in cap space. We need to sign someone this offseason.

idioteque
07-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Brandon Bass if we could afford it, unfortunately we don't seem to be showing any interest.

Hicks
07-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Brandon Bass if we could afford it, unfortunately we don't seem to be showing any interest.

What do you mean? I'm pretty sure I read 1-2 days ago we were one of the teams reaching out?

cdash
07-04-2012, 10:43 PM
I don't know that I have ever seen this board freak out so much in free agency. This is insane. Nash going to the Lakers is a surprise. Nash not coming to the Pacers is in no way, shape, or form a surprise. Patience, fellas. Let's see what the front office does before we start condemning them.

Pacersalltheway10
07-04-2012, 10:50 PM
I have no doubt that Pritchard and Walsh are trying but the good players who are game changers just don't want to come to Indiana. Right now it looks like OJ Mayo and Hibbert or bust.

ESutt7
07-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Beasley got 3 yrs 18 mil, so I imagine Mayo would want something similar. $6-7 mil would get it done I think, and that would leave another 6 or so depending on how deal is structured. Enough to get a solid player.

Pacersalltheway10
07-04-2012, 11:19 PM
I'd give Mayo 6-7 mil and not look back. He has All Star potential, hopefully a competiton with Paul George for teh starting SG spot would light a fire under both of them.

HC
07-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Remember if we match Hibbert then we won't have any cap space left , if we don't match him we only get about $5 mil in cap space. We need to sign someone this offseason.

false

Steagles
07-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Hopefully resign Roy and grab OJ or as a consolation Courtney Lee.

Brad8888
07-05-2012, 12:24 AM
I bet we could trade Dahntay and a 2nd to the Lakers for McRoberts. We would then have a serviceable backup for Roy or Kaman and West, and somebody who already knows how to play for Vogel who can facilitate offensive flow. Even with his having been snubbed by the Pacers, I suspect that the promise of playing time with a strong second unit would entice him enough to accept coming back here.

We might be able to get Jarrett Jack back for Collison for some leadership at the point guard spot, leaving Hill to at times play a 2-3 combo where he would be more comfortable, and freeing us up to make our one bold offseason move of trading Granger and pieces for whatever 2nd tier players are available at just about any position (the Pacers needs are many at this point).

graphic-er
07-05-2012, 12:26 AM
At this point you have to look at Mayo, Green, or Lee. Because we dont actually have a back up 2 unless Lance is ready to go. Of course if we made a max offer to EJ this wouldn't' be a problem because you could easily play Lance 10 minutes a game. But I digress.....

back up 4 is a an extreme need as well, Bass would be nice but we actually need a better defender for this position as West showed that he can be a liability.

Kamen is interesting but we would have the slowest front court line up in league history. West, Hansbrough, Hibbert, and Kamen.

DemonHunter1105
07-05-2012, 12:43 AM
Of course if we made a max offer to EJ this wouldn't' be a problem because you could easily play Lance 10 minutes a game. But I digress.....

Except that part where NOH would have still matched him, and we probably wouldn't have been able to come up with a reasonable s&t to Indy deal if he tried to force his way out.

BringJackBack
07-05-2012, 01:09 AM
This is honestly what I think we will do. Both cost effective and stacked in talent.

Trade DC, Hans, and a first for Kevin Martin's 12 million expiring contract. They get value for someone who would just go elsewhere, while we maintain flexibility, get someone better than OJ, Lee etc., and earn his birds rights. If he plays very well as a sixth man for us, we re-sign him next summer along with David West after we go after one of Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, Emeka Okafor (I believe it's a team option) or Paul Milsap, which we will have about 11 million to offer.

That still leaves us money this year too because of dumping Hans and DC, about 4.5 to 5 million, to sign free agents. We could go after a veteran backup point guard and a productive veteran big man to hold us over until next summer. Kirk Hinrich, Chauncey Billups, or cheaper guys like Patty Mills and Armon Johnson, who I assume Pritch loves. Big men who we could go after for cheap to hold us over for 2013 on one year deals are Antawn Jamison, Boris Diaw, or Kenyon Martin.

2012:
Hill/Backup
George/Martin/Johnson or Stephenson
Granger/Martin
West/Kenyon
Hibbert/Plumlee

2013:
Hill/Backup
George/Martin/Johnson
Granger/Martin (or if we sign Smith)
West or big man/West or big man
Hibbert/West, big man, or Plumlee

That 2013 sounds good. If we can continue to try to wheel and deal at point guard within the next couple of years we would be well off. Of course a ton of this depends on the growth of Paul George, George Hill, and Roy Hibbert.

pizza guy
07-05-2012, 01:37 AM
I bet we could trade Dahntay and a 2nd to the Lakers for McRoberts. We would then have a serviceable backup for Roy or Kaman and West, and somebody who already knows how to play for Vogel who can facilitate offensive flow. Even with his having been snubbed by the Pacers, I suspect that the promise of playing time with a strong second unit would entice him enough to accept coming back here.

We might be able to get Jarrett Jack back for Collison for some leadership at the point guard spot, leaving Hill to at times play a 2-3 combo where he would be more comfortable, and freeing us up to make our one bold offseason move of trading Granger and pieces for whatever 2nd tier players are available at just about any position (the Pacers needs are many at this point).

While we're bringing back McRoberts and Jack, why don't we try to trade Granger for Brandon Rush and then re-sign Travis Diener?

There was a reason we let McRoberts and Jack go. We don't need retreads, we need to move forward.

As for the remaining free agents, if we could land Mayo and Bass, this off-season would still barely squeak by as a success (assuming Hibbert is also retained). Getting those two would finally give some credence to our claims about having a good bench and being deep.

Hill/DC/Lance
George/Mayo/Orlando
Granger/Inferno
West/Bass/Hans
Hibbert/Plumlee?

OK, so, still a question at backup Center, but if West can play a little backup Center, then Bass could too. Ideally, we would sign Kaman to be the backup Center and the big rotation would just be Hibb/West/Caveman, but I don't see that as very likely. Maybe Kaman can be had cheap because of injury concerns though, so I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility.

In short, sign Mayo and Bass or Kaman and I'd feel pretty good. If Mayo thinks he can be a point guard, then it just gives us some versatility between him, Hill, DC, and even Lance. You can play any of those four together and they each bring something a little different.

troyc11a
07-05-2012, 01:46 AM
While we're bringing back McRoberts and Jack, why don't we try to trade Granger for Brandon Rush and then re-sign Travis Diener?

There was a reason we let McRoberts and Jack go. We don't need retreads, we need to move forward.

As for the remaining free agents, if we could land Mayo and Bass, this off-season would still barely squeak by as a success (assuming Hibbert is also retained). Getting those two would finally give some credence to our claims about having a good bench and being deep.

Hill/DC/Lance
George/Mayo/Orlando
Granger/Inferno
West/Bass/Hans
Hibbert/Plumlee?

OK, so, still a question at backup Center, but if West can play a little backup Center, then Bass could too. Ideally, we would sign Kaman to be the backup Center and the big rotation would just be Hibb/West/Caveman, but I don't see that as very likely. Maybe Kaman can be had cheap because of injury concerns though, so I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility.

In short, sign Mayo and Bass or Kaman and I'd feel pretty good. If Mayo thinks he can be a point guard, then it just gives us some versatility between him, Hill, DC, and even Lance. You can play any of those four together and they each bring something a little different.

McBob is a valid point. Jack was let go because we couldnt afford him. So he was actually to good to stay here.

_The_Future_
07-05-2012, 08:08 AM
I like the idea of Mayo for 7ish, I like Bass a lot also. One guy I wish we would take a cheap chance on is Greg Oden. Before you go crazy on me about his injuries. half the guys that are being mentioned are "injury plagued" also. Would be nice IFhe could actually make it through a season as a back up to Roy.

jeffg-body
07-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Personally I would like to see us go for Bass, Mayo, and dont kill me for saying Oden. If we could get him into training camp and see how it plays itself out this could be an opportunity to get a steal of a player if he can stay away from the injury bug. Thinking about having a rotation of Hibbert and Oden if healthy would be unreal.

DGPR
07-05-2012, 08:22 AM
I think Mayo said that he can play point in order to expand the list of potential suitors who might need a pg or sg or both. I don't think it necessarily means he just wants to play pg for whichever team signs him.

_The_Future_
07-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Personally I would like to see us go for Bass, Mayo, and dont kill me for saying Oden. If we could get him into training camp and see how it plays itself out this could be an opportunity to get a steal of a player if he can stay away from the injury bug. Thinking about having a rotation of Hibbert and Oden if healthy would be unreal.

Great minds think alike

ejwallace
07-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Are Nick Young and Jamal Crawford off the radar?? What about DJ Augustine?? I know that we typically stay away from RFA.....but come on, this is business....

LoneGranger33
07-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Are Nick Young and Jamal Crawford off the radar??

Let's hope so, right?

ejwallace
07-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Let's hope so, right?

If I remember correctly, last year we were looking at OJ Mayo, Jamal Crawford, and possibly Nick Young.....In that order of importance.....So I would not be surprised to see us go after any one of them....

George24King
07-05-2012, 09:24 AM
right now the clippers are the front runner for Crawford, as for mayo and young i have not heard of any front runners yet. For mayo, last year i heard we basically had a deal done to bring mayo to indy but morrow kept pushing for the griz to take rush as well so the griz said no, im, glad pritchard is in

Mac_Daddy
07-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't mind it if the team took a run at Mayo or Lee.

BRoy and Oden too, but only if its the right (low) price.

5_7_Clash
07-05-2012, 09:54 AM
I'd be thrilled with all or any combination of the three players we seem to be most closely associated with in rumors and chatter: Brandon Roy, Chirs Kaman, OJ Mayo

Speed
07-05-2012, 10:04 AM
I've thought this over and over and over.

I think they are matching for Roy and here's why... He's the best 'Free Agent' you can get at a position of clear need. I think they are doing due diligence, but once they look at the big picture, they have to be willing to overpay for a Free Agent and that is what this is. What other moves come from this? You are limited to looking at the bargain bin now, but thats the price you pay.

You can overpay for Roy and know the center position is taken care of for the next 4 years or overpay for Kaman and get a slightly more proven bench, its really not a decision if you're building a team.

The only thing I don't know is if they think signing Roy jeopardizes resigning Paul George in a couple of years, that might make them not do it, since Paul could be seen as having an elite level ceiling, where Roy does not. To me, thats the only reason you can't do it.

As far as not showing your cards about Roy yet, why would you? Let it all play out, let Portland keep there eggs in that basket as long as possible and lose options as you go. Also, keep your options open in the process, as things develop, maybe a trade presents itself for a superior move (not likely), but nothing to gain by coming out early and saying 'yes, we will match', possibly something to gain.

Nervous time as a Pacer fan, but they are playing it the right way, imo.

Mac_Daddy
07-05-2012, 10:11 AM
I've thought this over and over and over.

I think they are matching for Roy and here's why... He's the best 'Free Agent' you can get at a position of clear need. I think they are doing due diligence, but once they look at the big picture, they have to be willing to overpay for a Free Agent and that is what this is. What other moves come from this? You are limited to looking at the bargain bin now, but thats the price you pay.

You can overpay for Roy and know the center position is taken care of for the next 4 years or overpay for Kaman and get a slightly more proven bench, its really not a decision if you're building a team.

The only thing I don't know is if they think signing Roy jeopardizes resigning Paul George in a couple of years, that might make them not do it, since Paul could be seen as having an elite level ceiling, where Roy does not. To me, thats the only reason you can't do it.

As far as not showing your cards about Roy yet, why would you? Let it all play out, let Portland keep there eggs in that basket as long as possible and lose options as you go. Also, keep your options open in the process, as things develop, maybe a trade presents itself for a superior move (not likely), but nothing to gain by coming out early and saying 'yes, we will match', possibly something to gain.

Nervous time as a Pacer fan, but they are playing it the right way, imo.

I'm with you. There's far too much speculation going on when Roy hasn't even signed an offer sheet yet. Although, I don't think the team is worried about signing Roy and conflicting with re-signing PG. We'd have Bird Rights on him anyway, and if he gets a lot better over the next two years, then they would definitely make room if they don't feel like going over the cap.

I'll start worrying in a few days when Roy does sign the sheet and the clock starts ticking.

I'm more worried that we haven't heard much of anything besides us "looking" at other free agents and not having anything solid as of yet. Still early, though.

Rogco
07-05-2012, 10:36 AM
I'd like Kris Humphries. He's entering his prime, he's a double double guy who has improved every year, and he generally seems under rated, which should equal a reasonable contract.

Rogco
07-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Also would like Brandon Roy if the medical staff think he can contribute approximately 15 minutes a game. Thought he was really good before the knees went out.

Steagles
07-05-2012, 10:39 AM
I'd like Kris Humphries. He's entering his prime, he's a double double guy who has improved every year, and he generally seems under rated, which should equal a reasonable contract.

If we can't get Bass, Humphries would be a great add. And this year, we don't have to worry about his stupid wife anymore.

ESutt7
07-05-2012, 11:02 AM
I think a couple of other people mentioned them, but Rashard Lewis or Antawn Jamison as a backup 3/4 could be a nice pick up for the right price. They both seem firmly in the ring-chasing mode of their career based on their interest in the Lakers and Heat, so I don't know if they'd come here. But for cheap, they could help.

imbtyler
07-05-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm so excited to see other Pacers fans who have interest in bringing Gerald Green to Indy. He would be a great backup for Granger, could score really well off the bench, and could see some court time with the starters (not starting, but rather running alongside them, etc.). If we had to do a small lineup, Hill/Green/PG/Granger would be a pretty solid top 4. I'd rather have Green over OJ Mayo (better attitude), Brandon Roy (Green has knees), Jamal Crawford (younger, and not a chucker), Shannon Brown (Green's play is more 3-dimensional, compared to Shannon's 1.5-dimensions), Courtney Lee (Green is bigger, more mature, and doesn't have a hatred vs. Indy).

I'd loooooooooooove to have Green in a Pacers uni, even though sources say he's interested in remaining with the Nets, and they're interested in keeping him. Pass the hashtag around!
#BluePlusGoldEqualsGreen

ColeTheMole
07-05-2012, 02:22 PM
No to Gerald Green. He can dunk and.........................

Sparhawk
07-05-2012, 02:50 PM
No to Gerald Green. He can dunk and.........................

He's athletic, has size, he can play 2 positions and he's improved his shot. 39% from 3 on 3.5 attempts per game. I think he'd be a great backup SF.

CableKC
07-05-2012, 03:27 PM
He's athletic, has size, he can play 2 positions and he's improved his shot. 39% from 3 on 3.5 attempts per game. I think he'd be a great backup SF.
Going through the rumors and TWEETs over the last week or two, here is a list of Free Agent Player that the Pacers have contracted ( that haven't agreed to sign some offer sheet from another Team ) to field potential interest:

Guards/Forwards

OJ Mayo
Courtney Lee
Carlos Delfino
Gerald Green
Nick Young
Brandon Roy

PF/C

Chris Kaman
Ian Mahinmi
Brandon Bass

What does that tell us?

At most, I can see the Pacers adding a Guard/Forward to the rotation ( which means there won't be any minutes for either Lance or Orlando but not both ) and that IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT that the FO can add another Big Man to the rotation as a backup ( Kaman is a given to replace Hibbert :banghead: but Mahinmi or Bass aren't Starting quality Players ).

My guess it that we will wait until the dust settles and then go for the cheapest Guard/Forward available. As for the Frontcourt, I don't think that the FO thinks that we have our backup Frontcourt ( Hansbrough and Miles ) will be a cause for concern....which means not adding a Frontcourt Player unless he comes cheap ( like Fezenko or some random Backup PF/C that will be dressed in a suit ).

cdash
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
I have to say: I've gotten my hopes up for OJ Mayo. I think he would be a great fit off the bench for us.

DGPR
07-05-2012, 07:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC775zz2DNE

Lets do this Pacers!

And for the record mix-tapes for players don't show the goods and bads but at this point we need all the good we can get.

idioteque
07-05-2012, 07:56 PM
OJ Mayo deserves a little section in BLF, "best player we thought we had but never did," if we don't get him this offseason. They can frame one of those two-bit Poopshype articles written by a 14 year old behind his Memphis jersey.

solarius49
07-05-2012, 08:06 PM
I dont get it..are you guys actually happy with Paul George playing SG? Its pretty obvious thats not his natural position, and Granger can be a pretty potent trade chip...

Pacersalltheway10
07-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Its being reported by LegionSports on twitter that the Pacers have emerged as the favorites to sign OJ Mayo. I don't know how legitimate it is but it sounds about right. Wells says OJ Mayo is the #1 target for the Pacers.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out tomorrow that the Pacers and Mayo have agreed to a deal.

troyc11a
07-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Its being reported by LegionSports on twitter that the Pacers have emerged as the favorites to sign OJ Mayo. I don't know how legitimate it is but it sounds about right. Wells says OJ Mayo is the #1 target for the Pacers.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out tomorrow that the Pacers and Mayo have agreed to a deal.

Man I sure hope you are right! Mayo would be perfect here. I honestly think he would be a better fit than either Gordon or Nash because of the contract. He will probably make 1/2 of of what Gordon makes and will be just as efficient.

Psyren
07-06-2012, 01:23 AM

Im leaning towards an agreement between the Pacers and May tomorrow as well.

I dont know why, i just have a feeling.

BrownBearCoffee
07-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Man I sure hope you are right! Mayo would be perfect here. I honestly think he would be a better fit than either Gordon or Nash because of the contract. He will probably make 1/2 of of what Gordon makes and will be just as efficient.

I've been pro-Mayo since The Debacle. I think in the right situation he could maybe get back to being a 18-19 ppg scorer. It just never seems to go right with us and him, though, so I will reserve my elation until I hear we have a deal.

troyc11a
07-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Nobody to blame if Mayo doesnt sign here. The Pacers can offer him a fair deal but someone could throw "Phoenix Dumb" money at him too. I am guessing if Mayo was going to get a huge deal somewhere it would have already been leaked.

rel
07-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Im leaning towards an agreement between the Pacers and May tomorrow as well.

I dont know why, i just have a feeling.

I was skimming without looking at the quotes and thought Sean May for a sec... :/

It's crazy to think that OJ is still 24
Hope he's a Pacer by the weekend

Psyren
07-06-2012, 01:53 AM
I was skimming without looking at the quotes and thought Sean May for a sec... :/

It's crazy to think that OJ is still 24
Hope he's a Pacer by the weekend

Hahah sorry for the late night typo :p

imbtyler
07-06-2012, 02:50 AM
If Mayo wants to play more PG, I'd go as far as wondering if DC might be traded off. Then Mayo can swing the 1/2, Gerald Green (!) can come in for the 2/3, and Orlando Johnson can get backup-backup minutes, until proven otherwise.

Just getting my hopes up. I'd love to hear some real Pacers news by the weekend.

A.B.Hollywood
07-06-2012, 04:02 AM
Ersan Ilyasova & Courtney Lee

Done and Done. We likely get both for somewhere in the 11-12 million combined (with Ersan being the majority of that). Dude said he wants out and both are young, talented, versatile offensive players (and in Courtney's case also a great Defensive player).

If those two can happen AND we somehow get Roy back this just went from a disappointing off-season to an All World Off season IMO.

George24King
07-06-2012, 04:44 AM
Iv been hearing that mayo is a top priority up with resigning hibbert. I say sign mayo and Lee(roughly around 12 mill I'd say for both even tho mayo would take about $8 mill of that) then resign Amundson to a lower deal an let him and plumlee rotate on substitutions

PGisthefuture
07-06-2012, 05:00 AM
Ersan Ilyasova & Courtney Lee

Ew... :puke:

If we just get those two and no Roy then that is a big failure of an off-season. I say if we don't sign Roy we should get Kaman and Mayo. If we can get Roy, sign Mayo first, then Roy.

That last option would be nice....

PGisthefuture
07-06-2012, 05:04 AM
If Mayo wants to play more PG, I'd go as far as wondering if DC might be traded off. Then Mayo can swing the 1/2, Gerald Green (!) can come in for the 2/3, and Orlando Johnson can get backup-backup minutes, until proven otherwise.

Just getting my hopes up. I'd love to hear some real Pacers news by the weekend.

Agree 100%. I know you've been talking a lot about Gerald Green, I wouldn't mind seeing him and Paul George rotating in and out of our wing rotation. Add Mayo in there and that is a pretty young, athletic trio that will hopefully be on Top 10 every night we play. The only thing is.. What about our Center position?

Oh, and I can't leave out Orlando Johnson, I think he was a great steal in the 2nd round. I think he'll impact the team more than Plumlee ever will.

graphic-er
07-06-2012, 08:41 AM
I'd love to have Ilyasova as our back up 4.

If we dont' get Mayo or Lee then I don't see us going after another guard, remember we do have Lance who can easily give you 10-15 per game. Also this will be Lance first real training camp under Vogel. He should be able to get into the rotation. His defense improved alot this past year.

pizza guy
07-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Ilyasova would make a decent back-up as well. I'd be OK with that.

Has anyone heard any other indications that Mayo & the Pacers are working on something?

Rogco
07-06-2012, 09:06 AM
What other teams has Kaman had a meeting with? At this point I'd say get an offer on the table to him and still match Hibbert. I know Kaman doesn't help us like a top pg would but he's still the only free agent remaining that would improve this team. We'd have an advantage in the front court over any team in the East with Kaman, Hibbert, and West taking all the 4/5 minutes. We'd also have another quality big man that would give us depth to move someone in a trade for a top pg later in the summer or before the trade deadline. I'm for overpaying a little for Kaman by offering him most or all of our cap space, it's gone anyway once we match Hibbert. At worse it's better to bring in another asset then to lose the cap space with nothing to show for it.

If we keep hibbert and west I'd rather have humphries than kaman

aero
07-06-2012, 04:54 PM
find out where Eddie Gill is. Sign him! CHAMPIONSHIP!

WhoLovesYaBaby?
07-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Jonathan Bender.

dal9
07-06-2012, 10:20 PM

tricycle.

Sparhawk
07-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Jonathan Bender.

Only if he uses a wheelchair. That's called entertainment!

_The_Future_
07-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Man, Ive been wanting to say this guys name but I am scared of the backlash. Kris Humphries IMO would be be awesome splitting time with D West. Humphries is an automatic double-double and honestly dont see him being a distraction at all.

WhoLovesYaBaby?
07-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Man, Ive been wanting to say this guys name but I am scared of the backlash. Kris Humphries IMO would be be awesome splitting time with D West. Humphries is an automatic double-double and honestly dont see him being a distraction at all.

Humphries ain't the distraction. His (ex?) woman is.