PDA

View Full Version : Darren Collison's Defense

aamcguy
07-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Assuming we don't trade him away this offseason and that he is indeed slated in as the backup PG to start the season:

Do you think there is any chance we see the excellent pressure defense from Collison that we saw at the beginning of last year and in the playoffs? If we can see that, I think that makes the George Hill contract much better. If we have good defense from the PG spot for 48 minutes, and we even halfway fix our PnR defense, we have a chance against anybody we play.

Pace Maker
07-04-2012, 01:27 PM
It'd be nice to see, but I still think bigger point guards are just going to abuse him.

aamcguy
07-04-2012, 01:37 PM
I agree, but I think they're fully committing to George Hill as their starting PG. And as a bench player, he can expend all the energy he wants on defense as he will be playing somewhat more limited minutes IMO. It's also his first contract year, so he will have every reason to play as well as he can. If we are sound at the point of the attack, even if we don't bring in anybody special I think we can be greatly improved over last year.

BringJackBack
07-04-2012, 01:46 PM
As long as he plays that kind of defense in the Playoffs, I will be happy with him. He's as good of a backup one you can get...

...only issue is that DC and Hansbrough are expiring this year, and I don't think we plan on keeping them. If we do, shame on the FO.