PDA

View Full Version : Which team will Roy Hibbert be playing for next season?

wintermute
07-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Poll time! For the record:

Where do you think Roy Hibbert will be playing next season and why? Bonus points for predicting his contract as well.

-------------

I'll start. I think Roy will re-sign with the Pacers, because he likes Indiana and the Pacers like him. I'm predicting 5 years/$68m as his new contract.

OlBlu
07-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Poll time! For the record:

Where do you think Roy Hibbert will be playing next season and why? Bonus points for predicting his contract as well.

-------------

I'll start. I think Roy will re-sign with the Pacers, because he likes Indiana and the Pacers like him. I'm predicting 5 years/$68m as his new contract.

I think you are about right........:cool:

matthewfcurrie
07-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I just can't see Kevin & Donnie letting him go for nothing, especially when you consider he is arguably the fan favourite of our team. Herb Simon now has a team that is starting to re-engage the casual basketball fans of Indiana, if Roy walks, he will almost certainly lose those casual fans

Hicks
07-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Right now I suspect Portland. Hope I'm wrong.

matthewfcurrie
07-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Unfortunately, it appears that way. I honestly think his offer will be matched though

Sandman21
07-04-2012, 12:10 PM
The fact we have heard NOTHING from Roy ala what we heard from Gordon bodes well for us. Roy wants to be here and not Portland. It's just a matter of taking the medicine and MATCHING. THE. CONTRACT.

aamcguy
07-04-2012, 12:57 PM
The fact we have heard NOTHING from Roy ala what we heard from Gordon bodes well for us. Roy wants to be here and not Portland. It's just a matter of taking the medicine and MATCHING. THE. CONTRACT.

Exactly! It's the differece between the player saying he wants to be somewhere (Gordon) and a source saying that the player might be leaning somewhere.

BrownBearCoffee
07-04-2012, 01:00 PM
The only thing that makes sense if for Roy to stay with the Pacers. If not, you are removing the defensive anchor from a "smash mouth" (I'm sick of the term) defensive team. The only way that makes sense is if you have some amazing trade in the works or are blowing up the team. I have no idea why they would be toying with the idea of blowing up the team.

BringJackBack
07-04-2012, 01:48 PM
The day we lose Roy is the day our front office is incompetant.

Lose Roy, lose me as a fan. I won't be in any of the team's affairs if we don't match Roy.

Steagles
07-04-2012, 01:55 PM
The Pacers. Unless our FO wants the Bank to be torched during the riots.

Sandman21
07-04-2012, 01:58 PM
The Pacers. Unless our FO wants the Bank to be torched during the riots.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3259/ifhibbertweriot100878.jpg

Hoop
07-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I think we'll match, I'm on the fence as if we should.

Roy is a solid center in a league with few true centers. As a player, not counting the position he plays, that's just to much damn money. They'll be a ton of sick people on here after Roy goes in to one of his fetal position stretches of bad play next season. I can hear the *****ing now when some scrub is handing Roy his @ss around mid season, and don't pretend like it will not happen again.

If hands down Roy was our best player it would be a no brainer, but I'm not sure he is even our 3 or 4th best player. He just plays a position of need.

So I'm guessing he gets paid by the Pacers. I guess I'm all right with it.

TheDon
07-04-2012, 02:49 PM
I think it's a no-brainer we match, is it too much unless Roy continue to improve at a dramatic level over the next couple of years...probably, but worse things in the world have happened than "overpaying" for your all-star center who is a big face of the community and has eclipsed Granger imo as the face of the franchise. The alternative sucks way worse and that is basically letting him walk and trying to fill that position again which could take another decade of rebuilding before we see someone with Roy's talent level or better. I still worry more about our point guard position, and probably now that Hill is resigned for who knows how much over 5 years that's not going to be addressed anytime soon.

riverside
07-04-2012, 03:28 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/ghettoindustries/fail_thread.jpg