PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Withdraw Qualifying Offer To Courtney Lee [Pacers mentioned]

MillerTime
07-03-2012, 08:24 PM
The Rockets have withdrawn their qualifying offer to Courtney Lee.

Lee now becomes an unrestricted free agent.

The Pacers and Clippers are two teams who would fill a need with Lee.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222038/Rockets_Withdraw_Qualifying_Offer_To_Courtney_Lee

Heisenberg
07-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Wells says we've already "reached out"

https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/status/220313018607734784

Interest from us, Chicago, Clippers, Mavs, and Wizards

Psyren
07-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Ugh.

Delfino, Lee? I know were just exploring options, but man are we looking at some mediocre players

Steagles
07-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Would LOVE to see Courtney Lee here. He can shoot.

Pacergeek
07-03-2012, 08:28 PM
It sure would be a breath of fresh air to have a consistent 3pt threat besides Danny

Lance George
07-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Give me Brandon Roy paralyzed from the neck down over Courtney Lee.

Heisenberg
07-03-2012, 08:30 PM
JMV just reminded me of those tweets between Hill and Lee last year

cdash
07-03-2012, 08:34 PM
JMV just reminded me of those tweets between Hill and Lee last year

What tweets were those? I must have missed them.

Heisenberg
07-03-2012, 08:36 PM
What tweets were those? I must have missed them.

There's a big thread about it on here somewhere. Hill was mad about having to pay a bunch to rent out some place for flag football or something, Lee and Hill went back and forth badmouthing the city a little bit. I can't remember the words used, it wasn't anything really major, but definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

Pacer Fan
07-03-2012, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't put much thought into those tweets. Lee could have been jealous that Hill was coming home and he blew some bs out there. If anything the 2 of them being friends would be all the more reason for him to come here. Just speculating of coarse.
I'd take Lee over Mayo in a second. WTF is Houston doing anyways...they are doing some weird stuff, I think!

Ace E.Anderson
07-03-2012, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't put much thought into those tweets. Lee could have been jealous that Hill was coming home and he blew some bs out there. If anything the 2 of them being friends would be all the more reason for him to come here. Just speculating of coarse.
I'd take Lee over Mayo in a second. WTF is Houston doing anyways...they are doing some weird stuff, I think!

It would depend how much more it'd cost to get Mayo before I could say I'd rather have Lee. I still think Mayo had a lil untapped potential bc he didn't play with the ball in his hands as much as he did his first two years in Memphis. Let I'd a very good 3pt shooter and a prettu good defender.

If Mayo isn't affordable, I wouldn't mind Lee, I just don't see him with much breakout potential as Mayo possesses.

Handoverfist
07-03-2012, 08:48 PM
It does seem like the Pacers are interested in shooting guards, I wonder if they are planning on moving PG to the 3?

Justin Tyme
07-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Give me Brandon Roy paralyzed from the neck down over Courtney Lee.

Give me someone that has desire to play instead of vanish 2-4 games after every good game. Give me someone who can drive to the basket and is willing to do it instead of standing like a statue behind the arch. Give me someone who hasn't been busted twice by the NBA for drugs. Give me a better player than BRush.

DrFife
07-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Thinking about the possibility of signing Lee, or Mayo, or Delfino, or even BRoy ... paired with a star-ready PGeorge (or the newly acquired Eric Gordon) and an emerging Lance ... and then pausing to consider the praise some have lavished upon Orlando Johnson ... makes me wonder if we might be moving toward a three-guard offense, with the two bigs often being really big (Roy, Plumlee, Stanko? Kaman??).

Dr. Awesome
07-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Give me someone that has desire to play instead of vanish 2-4 games after every good game. Give me someone who can drive to the basket and is willing to do it instead of standing like a statue behind the arch. Give me someone who hasn't been busted twice by the NBA for drugs. Give me a better player than BRush.
Not sure someone like that exists.

A.B.Hollywood
07-03-2012, 09:26 PM
I LOVE the idea of Courtney Lee. He is much more than just an outside threat, he has a great first step and is a solid defender. He's George Hill with a bit less passing but a better shot from the outside and length. I am all about this!

Pacer Fan
07-03-2012, 09:27 PM
It would depend how much more it'd cost to get Mayo before I could say I'd rather have Lee. I still think Mayo had a lil untapped potential bc he didn't play with the ball in his hands as much as he did his first two years in Memphis. Let I'd a very good 3pt shooter and a prettu good defender.

If Mayo isn't affordable, I wouldn't mind Lee, I just don't see him with much breakout potential as Mayo possesses.

Your spot on...I'm thinking same starters with adding Lee in Barbosa's position and running with DC. I'm figuring Mayo in the 8 mil range and Lee in the 4 mil range. I wouldn't want Mayo starting over Paul and I would like to see an upgrade in the big department (Brandon Bass) and a SF ( I actually like Cory Brewer and Denver really don't need him...He is a cheap at 3.2 mil and he is 6'9" with some skillz, do a trade of Hans for Brewer. Of course this is if we keep the same starters.

Ichi
07-03-2012, 09:39 PM
I would like to see Courtney Lee here. Very solid wing off the bench, helps us with shooting while not hurting at all on defense.

Sandman21
07-03-2012, 09:39 PM
If anything the 2 of them being friends would be all the more reason for him to come here.

I believe they are actually cousins. And while I don't think George was doing anything but blowing off some steam with those tweets, I'm not sure about Courtney.

graphic-er
07-03-2012, 10:00 PM
THis guy hates Indy, said he was glad to be gone from here, I sincerely hope he doesn't come back.

TheDon
07-03-2012, 10:06 PM
It really seems like we have some hang up on trying to bring back players who have any connection with Indiana whatsoever. It's kind of annoying.

vnzla81
07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Now all we need to bring is JOB back and let Roy go so we can play small ball, DC,Hill,Lee,Danny,Paul George? Yeah baby :dance:

Sandman21
07-03-2012, 10:15 PM
It really seems like we have some hang up on trying to bring back players who have any connection with Indiana whatsoever. It's kind of annoying.

I actually don't. IF (and from what I've seen of Courtney, thats a pretty big IF) he is willing to sign here, I'd be okay with it. IF we could land Eric Gordon WITHOUT a max contract (or losing a healthy guy over a guy who can't stay healthy), I'd be okay with it too.

But I just don't think Courtney wants to come here, and I DEFINITELY think that paying Eric Gordon 14 a year to spend half the season in a suit is a BAD move!

PR07
07-03-2012, 10:21 PM
He's a pretty solid wing, depending on his price I'd be interested.

Hicks
07-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Ugh.

Delfino, Lee? I know were just exploring options, but man are we looking at some mediocre players

They're backups. How good did you expect them to be?

Steagles
07-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Mediocre? For a backup? What's wrong with that? I don't know if you believed Larry and Frank when they said we had 8 starters, but it was bull**** and they know it. That doesn't happen. You can't sign starters to play from the bench. If you're good enough to have them from the bench you can't afford them. If you can afford them, they won't play from the bench.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

Hicks
07-03-2012, 11:56 PM
The closest thing is having two borderline starters at the same position, like Hill and DC.

3 8 thee great t h
07-04-2012, 04:49 AM
More than likely a pipe dream.... Plus I'd doubt lee would come back especially with clippers on the table where he could start plus the opportunity to win in Chicago

Kemo
07-04-2012, 06:34 AM

I still believe Mayo has a good chance at becoming a great player..
I think if Boston ends up getting him, we will see him transform into an all star caliber player .

yoadknux
07-04-2012, 08:21 AM
I'd rather have Rush than Lee.

mildlysane
07-04-2012, 11:23 AM
I'd rather have Rush than Lee.
Maybe the band, Rush....

Justin Tyme
07-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Not sure someone like that exists.

Is that you Brandon?

mrknowname
07-04-2012, 12:16 PM
i don't see the fit. we need ballhandlers and slashers on the wing

Steagles
07-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Maybe the band, Rush....

Speaking of Rush in the music scene, did you know Kareem started a music career?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Piq-z0_YjCc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mildlysane
07-04-2012, 01:07 PM
^^Thanks, but I will stick with the band, Rush...lol.^^

Steagles
07-04-2012, 01:28 PM
^^Thanks, but I will stick with the band, Rush...lol.^^

I will too, but its still good, for a basketball player.

xIndyFan
07-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Ugh.

Delfino and Lee are legit NBA guys though. In the playoffs, the Pacers losing had much to do with the inability of the 7th and 8th guys to play well enough.

DemonHunter1105
07-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Is that you Brandon?

Remind me why you brought up Rush to begin with again? Because I really don't get the connection between him and Brandon Roy.

Hoop
07-04-2012, 02:47 PM
I have no interest in Lee.

tadscout
07-04-2012, 02:57 PM
THis guy hates Indy, said he was glad to be gone from here, I sincerely hope he doesn't come back.

End everyone claimed EG loved Indy so much he would possibly take the QO just to eventually get here... Then he accepts the Max deal with PHX and suddenly his 'heart is in PHX'.

Point is people read way to much into things.

Pacer Fan
07-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I'd like to have him!

INDIANA GEORGE HILL ‏@George_Hill3
#PacerNation Let's Try to get another hometown guy Courtney Lee home in that #Blue&Gold What y'all think

Rogco
07-04-2012, 05:15 PM
It sure would be a breath of fresh air to have a consistent 3pt threat besides Danny

We could definitely use a good 3pt threat, I was thinking Brandon Rush. He's a great 3pt shooter and has better rebounding and assist stats than Lee.

travmil
07-04-2012, 05:19 PM

I don't know if that's true for the team, but the people on this board certainly do that's for sure. Though, it just so happens that because of the ridiculous amount of basketball talent the city of Indianapolis has produced in the last 7 or 8 years, there are some pretty decent and even a few high level players scattered throughout the NBA that are becoming available. George Hill, Courtney Lee, Gordon, those guys aren't slouches, so when they become available multiple teams will and have gone after them.

pacer4ever
07-04-2012, 05:30 PM
End everyone claimed EG loved Indy so much he would possibly take the QO just to eventually get here... Then he accepts the Max deal with PHX and suddenly his 'heart is in PHX'.

Point is people read way to much into things.
No one said he would be willing to take the QO
He wants to be in Indy but he isn't stupid. No one is taking a QO when they can get a max deal that would just be stupid some people need to use common sense.

Tom White
07-04-2012, 07:06 PM
We could definitely use a good 3pt threat, I was thinking Brandon Rush. He's a great 3pt shooter and has better rebounding and assist stats than Lee.

Was that supposed to be in green? There is no way in this lifetime that the Pacers bring him back.

idioteque
07-04-2012, 07:08 PM
I'd like to have him!

INDIANA GEORGE HILL ‏@George_Hill3
#PacerNation Let's Try to get another hometown guy Courtney Lee home in that #Blue&Gold What y'all think

This tweet drives home something I have been suspecting over the last couple of days, that Courtney Lee may be a real option and willing to play in Indy. Sure, he talked **** about Indy on Twitter, but who doesn't ***** about their hometown every now and then? It happens.

Tom White
07-04-2012, 07:18 PM
This tweet drives home something I have been suspecting over the last couple of days, that Courtney Lee may be a real option and willing to play in Indy. Sure, he talked **** about Indy on Twitter, but who doesn't ***** about their hometown every now and then? It happens.

Ha! Makes you wonder if GH was sending Gordon tweets about how he shouldn't come to Indy, so there would be room for his chum Lee.

Yes, I'm just joking about that.

LoneGranger33
07-04-2012, 07:27 PM
George Hill wasn't content with just running the Pacers' offense so now he's running the Pacers' front office too? I guess that exorbitant salary makes more sense.

Steagles
07-05-2012, 12:32 AM
George Hill wasn't content with just running the Pacers' offense so now he's running the Pacers' front office too? I guess that exorbitant salary makes more sense.

Didn't you here? Players run teams now. Just ask Stan van Gundy.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
07-05-2012, 12:37 AM
I'd much prefer Lee on a say ~4 mil a year deal than Mayo to 7+ or whatever the hell he wants.

tadscout
07-05-2012, 12:59 AM
No one said he would be willing to take the QO
He wants to be in Indy but he isn't stupid. No one is taking a QO when they can get a max deal that would just be stupid some people need to use common sense.

I did say possibly...

Anyway, I never thought he would take the QO... but there are some ppl that had pipe dreams he would.

pacergod2
07-05-2012, 06:21 PM
I would definitely be interested in Lee. I wouldn't want to pay him $6M or more per year however. I think he brings solid defense and an ability to score within an offense. I think he is a perfect fit for what we are looking for. I would just be really cautious how much we paid him. I don't know that Mayo makes much sense unless we trade Collison. Lee makes more sense if we hold onto Collison fronm a rotation stand-point. JMO.

Pacer Fan
07-05-2012, 06:31 PM
I would definitely be interested in Lee. I wouldn't want to pay him $6M or more per year however. I think he brings solid defense and an ability to score within an offense. I think he is a perfect fit for what we are looking for. I would just be really cautious how much we paid him. I don't know that Mayo makes much sense unless we trade Collison. Lee makes more sense if we hold onto Collison fronm a rotation stand-point. JMO.

I think Lee makes the most sense beings I wouldn't want Mayo starting over Paul and Lee is a better shooter and defender, which is perfect for a rotational guy. I think it might take more then an MLE offer to keep cap teams from getting him. Bulls can only offer him the mini-mle I believe, so we should have them beat out for the running. I would only want a SG that is no question better then Paul, like a EJ or no point of paying 8-9 mil on a Mayo guy. jmo

pacergod2
07-05-2012, 07:18 PM
I think Lee makes the most sense beings I wouldn't want Mayo starting over Paul and Lee is a better shooter and defender, which is perfect for a rotational guy. I think it might take more then an MLE offer to keep cap teams from getting him. Bulls can only offer him the mini-mle I believe, so we should have them beat out for the running. I would only want a SG that is no question better then Paul, like a EJ or no point of paying 8-9 mil on a Mayo guy. jmo

Four years, $16M would be a fair offer, IMO. I think he could easily fill in as a starter if we decide to trade Granger.