PDA

View Full Version : RIP Andy Griffith

Peck
07-03-2012, 03:43 PM
I am certain by now everyone has heard of his passing, I know a lot of you younger guys out there may not think much about him one way or the other but I believe anyone my age or older Andy wasn't just another actor.

The Andy Griffith show to me will always represent my childhood and even as a young adult.

The greatest compliment I can give to that show is that today when he has passed on both sides of the aisle, both liberals & conservatives, are praising him and the values he represented.

Andy Taylor (his character name) was just an honest, hard working Father and represented what is best in all of us.

When my life is in turmoil or sometimes when my moral compass needs tuning I can tune into an episode of the Andy Griffith show (first five seasons) and everything is all better during that time frame.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_RsX2lFbI1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OlBlu
07-03-2012, 03:49 PM
I am certain by now everyone has heard of his passing, I know a lot of you younger guys out there may not think much about him one way or the other but I believe anyone my age or older Andy wasn't just another actor.

The Andy Griffith show to me will always represent my childhood and even as a young adult.

The greatest compliment I can give to that show is that today when he has passed on both sides of the aisle, both liberals & conservatives, are praising him and the values he represented.

Andy Taylor (his character name) was just an honest, hard working Father and represented what is best in all of us.

When my life is in turmoil or sometimes when my moral compass needs tuning I can tune into an episode of the Andy Griffith show (first five seasons) and everything is all better during that time frame.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_RsX2lFbI1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amen....

Steagles
07-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Rest in peace, my birthday buddy.

Jeremy
07-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Wow this is surprising. Rest in peace.. you'll be missed by people that watched your show.