PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on these other big men free agents

BornReady#6
07-02-2012, 02:30 PM
What is your take on these big men free agents and how they would fit into our system. Seems to be a ton of young guys that could really be developing.

Ryan Anderson
Ersan Ilyasova
Chris Kaman
Marcus Camby
Robin Lopez
Spencer Hawes
Aaron Gray
Semih Erden
Greg Stiemsma
Solomon Alabi
Hasheem Thabeet

Coupe
07-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Ryan anderson :)

vnzla81
07-02-2012, 02:35 PM
You forgot Robin Lopez.

BornReady#6
07-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Ryan anderson :)

Yeah he would be nice, I really like him, Ersan and Spencer Hawes. I would be happy signing combo of 2 of the 3, Hawes, Ersan, Ryan

Smits Happens
07-02-2012, 02:38 PM
The only thing Hasheem Thabeet is developing is another trade to fall back on as soon as his basketball career ends shortly. And did you really include Kaman and especially Camby in a list of "young guys"?

CableKC
07-02-2012, 02:38 PM
My thoughts are that they are all worst Starting options than Hibbert.

As I said in the other thread.....if we don't match Hibbert's offer.....they better get Kaman and then go after a DIFFERENCE MAKER....cuz Kaman is an acceptable substitute for Hibbert....but is clearly not as good as Hibbert is.

troyc11a
07-02-2012, 02:39 PM
It depends on if we are talking about 4's or 5's.
I like Ersan Ilyasova as a physical backup 4
I like Hawes as a physical backup 5
Anderson is a little to much of a perimeter 4 (stretch - cough). I just dont like that style personally but he might be the best 4 on the list.

Sandman21
07-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Hasheem Thabeet

:laugh::lol:

vnzla81
07-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Funny that I was on vacation in california and saw Hasheem Thabeet with his wife or girlfriend.

PR07
07-02-2012, 02:48 PM
I like Camby or Robin Lopez as Roy's potential backup.

BringJackBack
07-02-2012, 02:54 PM
I would like a vetaran for the minimum as a second or third center, depending on whether Miles Plumlee is worth a crap or not. I think Jermaine O'Neal, Joel Pryzbilla, or Nazr Mohammed would be decent.

We also need a good backup power forward. Carl Landry or Brandon Bass would be great options. Cheaper guys who could maybe get the job done are Antawn Jamison, or JJ Hickson. I would prefer Carl Landry though, as he has fallen off the radar and could come here and be very good.

Hicks
07-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Funny that I was on vacation in california and saw Hasheem Thabeet with his wife or girlfriend.

Did she look disappointed?

vnzla81
07-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Did she look disappointed?

He always looks disappointed :laugh: I wasn't really paying that much attention to him but the girl he was hanging out with :drool:

I saw him in Santa Barbara if I'm not mistaken.

BornReady#6
07-02-2012, 04:51 PM
The only thing Hasheem Thabeet is developing is another trade to fall back on as soon as his basketball career ends shortly. And did you really include Kaman and especially Camby in a list of "young guys"?

never said it was a list of all young guys, just said there seems to be a lot of them......

Roaming Gnome
07-02-2012, 05:02 PM
That list makes me want to cry if they're the alternatives to matching... :kickcan:

WhoLovesYaBaby?
07-02-2012, 05:09 PM

As I said in the other thread.....if we don't match Hibbert's offer.....they better get Kaman and then go after a DIFFERENCE MAKER....cuz Kaman is an acceptable substitute for Hibbert....but is clearly not as good as Hibbert is.Right. If we lose Hibbert (and we won't), any of those are worse options and we darn well better find a 20ppg scorer out there to fill one of the other postions and someone who can control the lane on defense.

And rebound.

And pass.

And post up.

WhoLovesYaBaby?
07-02-2012, 05:10 PM
I'll take any on that list after we sign Hibbert to the max deal we all knew he would get.

BringJackBack
07-02-2012, 05:11 PM
That list makes me want to cry if they're the alternatives to matching... :kickcan:

Yeah, but at least what I'm talking about is insurance in case if Miles Plumlee isn't ready to consistently play, if that makes you feel better. :P

PaceBalls
07-02-2012, 05:21 PM
What is your take on these big men free agents and how they would fit into our system. Seems to be a ton of young guys that could really be developing.

Ryan Anderson
Ersan Ilyasova
Chris Kaman
Marcus Camby
Robin Lopez
Spencer Hawes
Aaron Gray
Semih Erden
Greg Stiemsma
Solomon Alabi
Hasheem Thabeet

hell no
Maybe on Ilyasova
no
maybe? Camby is pretty old, but would be a nice back up for Hibbert, I doubt he wants to play back up for the Pacers for cheap.
no
no
no
no
Steimsma is good player. I'd love to have him as a Pacer.
no
hell no
:)

CableKC
07-02-2012, 05:29 PM
they are the alternatives if we are looking at free agents. The only UFAs that decide where they want to go is Kaman and Hawes. Everyone either sucks, are RFAs that will be matched or won't leave their respective Teams.

Of course there are trades.....but who can we get in a trade? No one. I don't want to match the MAX offer that Hibbert got....but we have no choice unless you think that Hawes or Kaman are the best alternatives. BTW, given that Kaman looks like the best alternative to Hibbert....no way is he going to come cheaper than $10 mil per year for 4 seasons ( if not more ).

Gamble1
07-02-2012, 05:30 PM

As I said in the other thread.....if we don't match Hibbert's offer.....they better get Kaman and then go after a DIFFERENCE MAKER....cuz Kaman is an acceptable substitute for Hibbert....but is clearly not as good as Hibbert is.

Kaman would be a suitable backup if we could get him for 9 million for 3-4 years. The difference in the money would add another player that IMO would make up the difference. With the extra money next you could make a run at Milsap, Josh Smith to replace West and have money left over for another high profile FA.

pacers74
07-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I don't want any of them. Roy or bust.

WhoLovesYaBaby?
07-02-2012, 05:41 PM
If Roy goes, and I don't think he will, the best of that bunch to start center for IND would be Hawes or Lopez. And I can't imagine their teams letting them get away.

And a maybe to Kaman. But he scares me. He will cost $10M a season and he has an injury history. Although it is amazing that he was suddenly NOT injured (or not much anyway) the last year of his contract.

IND will have to bite the bullit on this one and sign Hibbert if they want to contend next season.

Steagles
07-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Ryan Anderson? :drool:

Wage
07-02-2012, 06:49 PM
IND will have to bite the bullit on this one and sign Hibbert if they want to contend next season.

Contend for what?

CableKC
07-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Ryan Anderson? :drool:
Steagles = JO'B :shrug: