PDA

View Full Version : Which team would you rather see take the floor?

BornReady#6
07-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Simple which team would you rather see take to the floor opening night this upcoming season?

Team A:
PG: Hill, DC, Lance
SG: Gordon, BRoy, Orlando
SF: Danny, PG, Dahntay
PF: West, Tyler, Lou
C: Kaman(or Camby), Plumlee, Oden

Still a play off contender, and very deep which was our biggest advantage last year. We either sign Kaman or Camby in this scenario.

Team B:

SG: PG, BRoy, Orlando
SF: Danny, Dahntay, FA Filler
C: Hibbert, Plumlee, Oden

Basically same team we filled last year.

I pose this question because everyone seems upset about the Roy thing, but in reality if we can sign EG and a decent defensive minded C, we can get more scorers and be a more rounded team than last year.

PacerPenguins
07-02-2012, 11:06 AM
man just stacking team A aren't we... but realistically I think that could happen if we somehow get EJ here..... Team A all day if Camby is the center

Steagles
07-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Team a... As much as I love Roy.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

BigAndy
07-02-2012, 11:12 AM
I really like team A, but it would be nice if we could get a little bit of a point guard upgrade too. Having one that could distribute the ball to all those scorers would come in handy.

Mac_Daddy
07-02-2012, 11:14 AM
I like how Oden and Brandon Roy are just tagged in on the end of both options... Not that I wouldn't mind having either or both (assuming they can play about 10-15 minutes a piece. Just not a whole lot of chatter regarding either.

I'd be fine fielding either team, really. There's just no real way we'd be able to field BRoy, Hill, EJ, Kaman, West, DG, and Oden with our salary cap.

Sandman21
07-02-2012, 11:14 AM
B because WE'RE. NOT. GETTING. ERIC. GORDON.

BornReady#6
07-02-2012, 11:19 AM

Is this a fact? If so please show proof.

And see guys wouldnt be so bad to lose Roy if we could replace him with good scoring talent.

OlBlu
07-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Simple which team would you rather see take to the floor opening night this upcoming season?

Team A:
SG: Gordon, BRoy, Orlando
C: Kaman(or Camby), Plumlee, Oden

Still a play off contender, and very deep which was our biggest advantage last year. We either sign Kaman or Camby in this scenario.

Team B:

SG: PG, BRoy, Orlando
SF: Danny, Dahntay, FA Filler
C: Hibbert, Plumlee, Oden

Basically same team we filled last year.

I pose this question because everyone seems upset about the Roy thing, but in reality if we can sign EG and a decent defensive minded C, we can get more scorers and be a more rounded team than last year.

I am so tired of everyone trying to ram Gordon or Nash down our throats that I hope we never sign either player.......:cool:

IndyJones
07-02-2012, 11:22 AM

Why not? If the front office wanted to go with a sign and trade route in a three team deal in which we get EJ, Portland gets Hibbert, and NO gets ???

OlBlu
07-02-2012, 11:24 AM

And see guys wouldnt be so bad to lose Roy if we could replace him with good scoring talent.

It doesn't matter if you can score if you have no interior defense and Roy's scoring inside. You would have a bunch of three point chuckers and haven't we already tried that? I agree there is no way Gordon or Nash come here. They will get better opportunities and more money elsewhere..... If we don't sign Roy, the chances of signing any free agents goes way down....:cool:

Sandman21
07-02-2012, 11:24 AM
New Orleans will match any offer he gets.

He is not coming. People need to get over this damn pipe dream, because it ISN'T happening.

Even if we COULD land him, it would cost us Paul George at the VERY least.

Sandman21
07-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Why not? If the front office wanted to go with a sign and trade route in a three team deal in which we get EJ, Portland gets Hibbert, and NO gets ???

Once Roy signs the offer sheet, we can't even do a S+T.

Hitman02
07-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Team B- I like the defense a lot more than Team A's.

Hicks
07-02-2012, 11:30 AM

It's not a fact that he won't be here, but it's a fact that it's extremely difficult to make it happen based on the circumstances, so to just assume that's a plan B we can make happen is a mistake. If we lose Roy, it's still really unlikely we get Gordon.

BillS
07-02-2012, 11:34 AM
I think you meant for Team A to be:

SG: BRoy, Orlando, Gordon (injured)
C: Kaman(or Camby), Plumlee, Oden (injured)

HTH. HAND.

Heisenberg
07-02-2012, 11:36 AM
To make some use of this thread, I'm on the verge of pretty much expecting Oden to sign here after his layoff now. Assuming Pritchard's still around next year anyway.

Ace E.Anderson
07-02-2012, 11:37 AM

Let's go through this again.

1. NO is matching any offer to EG, even if it's a Max. So there's that (I really wish we'd all move on) The ONLY 2 ways that Gordon comes to the Pacers is if he tells NO he absolutely doesnt want to play there, and we agree to a trade (unlikely) or Gordon signs a qualifying offer with NO, becomes an unrestricted FA NEXT YEAR, and we sign him out right. Other than those two options, WE CAN'T GET GORDON!
2. We cant do a sign and trade once Roy (or EG for that matter) signs an offer sheet. It's not allowed. So ALL S&T idea's are a NO GO.
3. We wouldn't have the CAP ROOM to field "team A", but it is definitely a nice fantasy team.
4. Where is this Oden talk coming from? HE'S NOT PLAYING THIS YEAR!

Nash isn't coming here. D-Will isn't coming here. So at this point, we either:

1. Re-sign Roy, and hope to sign 1-2 more impactful FA's (a mix of Bass, Landry, Mayo, B. Roy, etc) and probably let G.Hill walk.

-OR-

2. We Re-sign G.Hill, sign someone like Kaman for 2-3 yrs (for only about 2-3 million less) and then hope to sign 1-2 other impactful FA's that are available.

Barring a trade of DG, or DC, I don't see too many other realistic options for the Pacers to improve the roster this offseason.

Mac_Daddy
07-02-2012, 11:39 AM
To make some use of this thread, I'm on the verge of pretty much expecting Oden to sign here after his layoff now. Assuming Pritchard's still around next year anyway.

I'm still trying to make sense of how we even end up with Team A. Team B is much more logical in terms of salaries.

Kstat
07-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Oden? Seriously? Oden?

OlBlu
07-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Oden? Seriously? Oden?

I wouldn't mind signing Oden and let him get paid while he rehabs and we carry his as out 14th player. IF he can ever play, it would be nice to have him but we do have Miles Plumlee...... :cool:

Hicks
07-02-2012, 11:42 AM
HTH. HAND.

??

Steagles
07-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Oden? Seriously? Oden?

You have to remember he put up awesome numbers when healthy. Even at the third center for just a few minutes a game, he could contribute.

Kstat
07-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Brandon Roy put up great numbers when he was healthy too....wait, that isn't helping.

Heisenberg
07-02-2012, 11:44 AM
You have to remember he put up awesome numbers when healthy. Even at the third center for just a few minutes a game, he could contribute.

you didn't finish the sentence. contribute.... to Indy's big and tall stores

BillS
07-02-2012, 11:45 AM
??

Hope This Helps. Have A Nice Day.

Slick Pinkham
07-02-2012, 11:47 AM
In team A, are Gordon and Camby wearing jerseys or suits?

CableKC
07-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Of course, I'd take Team A. But you might as well make "Team A" the Eastern Conference All-Star Team cuz there's very little chance that the Pacers could field such a Team.

BornReady#6
07-02-2012, 12:01 PM
It doesn't matter if you can score if you have no interior defense and Roy's scoring inside. You would have a bunch of three point chuckers and haven't we already tried that? I agree there is no way Gordon or Nash come here. They will get better opportunities and more money elsewhere..... If we don't sign Roy, the chances of signing any free agents goes way down....:cool:

Just as David Aldridge said about Hibbert, Teams seem to facilitate a player when they dont wanna be there anymore,EG is a player last time I checked. And how would West and Camby not provide defense? When did Hill, PG, Gordon and Danny become just "chuckers". Such a vague answer.

Hicks
07-02-2012, 12:31 PM
First of all, it's hardly a fact that 'Roy doesn't want to be here anymore', and for that matter the same applies for Gordon and N.O.

Secondly, why so sure Camby wants to come here?

BringJackBack
07-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Team B would look a ton better with Carl Landry, Jeff Green, or Brandon Bass instead of Hansbrough. In that instance I would take team B.

OlBlu
07-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Just as David Aldridge said about Hibbert, Teams seem to facilitate a player when they dont wanna be there anymore,EG is a player last time I checked. And how would West and Camby not provide defense? When did Hill, PG, Gordon and Danny become just "chuckers". Such a vague answer.

Granger has always been a "chucker" because he can't get to the rim off of the dribble. PG is much the same but a little better. Hill also shoots too many threes and Gordon would be more of the same. Camby is another candidate for a rest home. Pass!!! :cool: Hill just resigned. That should just about end the BS about signing Gordon or Nash.....:cool:

BornReady#6
07-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Granger has always been a "chucker" because he can't get to the rim off of the dribble. PG is much the same but a little better. Hill also shoots too many threes and Gordon would be more of the same. Camby is another candidate for a rest home. Pass!!! :cool: Hill just resigned. That should just about end the BS about signing Gordon or Nash.....:cool:

If we don't match Portland we will most certainly go after Gordon

ballism
07-02-2012, 02:36 PM

we can't realistically get team A due to cap restrictions, not even close.

Sandman21
07-02-2012, 02:46 PM
If we don't match Portland we will most certainly go after Gordon
And New Orleans WILL match.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/2ed/8a2/0cf/resized/creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-guess-what-you-get-nothing-533b5e.jpg

PR07
07-02-2012, 03:15 PM
So basically, it comes down to Kaman+Gordon for Hibbert? I think that's a no brainer for Team A even other free agent signings aside. However, good luck making that one work unless New Orleans is bluffing on matching.

Also, I'm a little perplexed on the Camby noise. I've heard us at least linked to some of the other guys, haven't heard a peep on him.

ballism
07-02-2012, 03:29 PM
So basically, it comes down to Kaman+Gordon for Hibbert? I think that's a no brainer for Team A even other free agent signings aside. However, good luck making that one work unless New Orleans is bluffing on matching.

Also, I'm a little perplexed on the Camby noise. I've heard us at least linked to some of the other guys, haven't heard a peep on him.
I think Camby would be available to anyone willing to offer him a starting job and money.

But the thing is that letting Hibbert go only gives us 5 mil of cap. So, we'd have 15 mil.
Even taking New Orleans out of the equation, do you get Kaman+Gordon for 15 mil? No. Much less them+Brandon Roy+Oden. So there goes Team A.

So, would you rather have Hibbert + whatever you can get for 10 mil (Team B)? Or would you rather have whatever you can get for 15 mil (Team A), and then have a bit more room to add a couple midlevel guys in 2013 and 2014?