PDA

View Full Version : What If We Don't Resign Hibbert AND Hill? (Another option)

presto123
07-02-2012, 02:21 AM
That would be a ton of money to throw at Nash and Kaman. Just throwing stuff out there. Is there anybody that would prefer Nash/Kaman over Hill/Hibbert? That would definitely be more of a short term solution and still not sure Nash would come for any amount of money.

CableKC
07-02-2012, 02:26 AM
I think that we'd just have to match what the Raptors are offering to have a fighting chance....$12 mil per year / 3 seasons. With that said....I think that we can match Hibbert's offer, let GH go ( yes, maddening ) and then have enough space to make a run at Nash with the same offer ( if not slightly more ) that the Raptors gave him.

However, the ideal situation would be do to offer a $12 mil per year / 3 season offer to Nash ( see if he bites ) and then match both Hibbert and GH. Is it possible to do make an offer to Nash for $12 mil per year while matching both GH and Hibbert?

I'm thinking send out Hansbrough to the Bobcats for a future 1st round pick without getting anything back?

Hypnotiq
07-02-2012, 02:28 AM
I agree id let Hill go i have a feeling he will stop the pacers from signing any meaningful Free agency acquisition.

CableKC
07-02-2012, 02:38 AM
I agree id let Hill go i have a feeling he will stop the pacers from signing any meaningful Free agency acquisition.
Although someone will have to confirm....I thought that if we end up matching a $8 mil per year offer for GH ( yes, that seems high ) and the MAX offer for Hibbert....there'd still be roughly $7 to 8 mil in CapSpace that we can spend on Free Agents....which I think can be devoted to a single FA.

On top of that...if we go after a PG or PF...we can send out DC or Hansbrough to help with the Capspace.

tadscout
07-02-2012, 03:29 AM
Although someone will have to confirm....I thought that if we end up matching a $8 mil per year offer for GH ( yes, that seems high ) and the MAX offer for Hibbert....there'd still be roughly $7 to 8 mil in CapSpace that we can spend on Free Agents....which I think can be devoted to a single FA.

On top of that...if we go after a PG or PF...we can send out DC or Hansbrough to help with the Capspace.

Bingo... people are overacting to thinking Hibbert's contract would handcuff us... we could sign another key FA, and make trades.

FlavaDave
07-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Bingo... people are overacting to thinking Hibbert's contract would handcuff us... we could sign another key FA, and make trades.

I thought the Pacers had 12 mil in cap room after Hill's 4 mil and Hibbert's 6 mil cap holds? So, if Hib gets the max and Hill gets 8, that's all our cap space. Am I right?

We could still sign up to 12 mil in free agents befire we go over the cap to sign them both if we wanted.

Right?

OlBlu
07-02-2012, 09:45 AM
I think that we'd just have to match what the Raptors are offering to have a fighting chance....$12 mil per year / 3 seasons. With that said....I think that we can match Hibbert's offer, let GH go ( yes, maddening ) and then have enough space to make a run at Nash with the same offer ( if not slightly more ) that the Raptors gave him.

However, the ideal situation would be do to offer a $12 mil per year / 3 season offer to Nash ( see if he bites ) and then match both Hibbert and GH. Is it possible to do make an offer to Nash for $12 mil per year while matching both GH and Hibbert?

I'm thinking send out Hansbrough to the Bobcats for a future 1st round pick without getting anything back?

I would much rather have GH signed to a long term contract at $8 million than having an aging and declining Nash for $12 million. Nash would be a year or two bandaid. Hill could be part of the team for years to come and he can play two positions.......:cool:

Ace E.Anderson
07-02-2012, 09:51 AM
I would much rather have GH signed to a long term contract at $8 million than having an aging and declining Nash for $12 million. Nash would be a year or two bandaid. Hill could be part of the team for years to come and he can play two positions.......:cool:

I definitely agree. And to add to that, our style of play does not play to Nash's strengths. He needs to go to a fast paced team that places little emphasis on defense, or post play. He was at his best when he played with 3 other 3pt shooters, and Amare in the Pick N Roll. These ARE NOT strengths of the Pacers.

Would he help our offense for 2 or 3 years? Yes, but we would have to completely overhaul our offensive system, change our defensive principles, and those system changes don't play to the strengths of our personnel.

Justin Tyme
07-02-2012, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure where to post this, but a player that is a UFA to no one has mentioned is Camby. I realize he's long in the tooth, but he could be used as a filler replacement for Hibbert until something better is gotten. He rebs, blocks shots, plays "D", and can get you some points. I can't imagine his cost is going to be that high. He can tutor Plumlee as well.

He'd be good as just a b/u C who can give you rebs, "D", and patrolling the paint. Something to consider.

Sandman21
07-02-2012, 11:28 AM
We don't resign either so we can throw money at Old, Ancient, and/or Moses, then I lead the torch and pitchfork mob towards BLFH.

Justin Tyme
07-02-2012, 12:24 PM
We don't resign either so we can throw money at Old, Ancient, and/or Moses, then I lead the torch and pitchfork mob towards BLFH.

I never expected some to be enthralled with the idea. Your view is duely noted. Although you might want to do some checking b4 you make a comment about age, it helps.

011-012 season stats

Camby in 24 MPG ... 9 rebs... 1.8 BS

Hibbert in 30 MPG ... 8.8 rebs... 1.7 BS

This in 5+ min less than Hibbert. He'd be the top rebounder and shot blocker on the Pacers last year AND 12 years older than Hibbert!

I guess you missed the part of him being signed as a b/u too? Is your idea of a rookie who has never laced up his sneakes on a NBA court the ideal b/u C? Or maybe you like often injured Pendergraph better.

Sandman21
07-02-2012, 12:29 PM
I have a real hard time thinking we should throw money at players who are OLDER than our head coach, hence Old (Kaman), Ancient (Nash), and/or Moses (Camby). (And yes, I know Nash and Camby are the same age, I had to differentiate).

Hicks
07-02-2012, 12:36 PM
So we're just assuming Kaman and/or Nash and/or Camby want to play in Indiana above all other possibilities for them? Particularly with Roy gone? Really? Really.