PDA

View Full Version : Most Important Player

Eleazar
07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
With the recent debates over whether or not Hibbert is worth an average of $14 per year, I believe there is a serious question that people need to ask themselves and answer thoughtfully before they define their opinion.

Who is the MOST IMPORTANT player to this team's success?

There are only two legit answers to this question, but I'm going to include the top 6 players from last year's squad anyways.

PacersHomer
07-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Roy Hibbert and it's not even close.

kent beckley
07-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Deron Williams Sorry couldn't resist

wintermute
07-01-2012, 02:56 PM
I'd say Danny's our best player.

And David's our best leader.

Paul is the guy with the most potential.

But Roy's probably our most irreplaceable player right now. And that makes him the most important IMO.

Eleazar
07-01-2012, 04:00 PM
So far it is overwhelmingly in favor of Hibbert, and if this is true (which I believe it is, and what I expected to happen) wouldn't he at least be worth as much as Granger at a minimum? Granger averaged $12 million on the last contract, so I don't see why so many people are against matching Hibbert at an average of $14 million per year?

dal9
07-01-2012, 04:07 PM
if you look at what happened when he went down against the heat, there is a very strong case for granger.

it doesn't show in the regular season, but the wolves are separated from the sheep in the playoffs, and granger stepped it up while many others (hill, paul george, barbosa, lou, tyler, even west a little bit) faded....

Eleazar
07-01-2012, 04:14 PM
if you look at what happened when he went down against the heat, there is a very strong case for granger.

That was why I said there was only two legit answers. I personally believe Hibbert is more important, but I also accept that a strong case can be made for Granger.

PR07
07-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Roy. We don't have anyone else who can do what he does to impact the game. When he's going well, this team is just a lot better.

yoadknux
07-01-2012, 05:43 PM
David west was our most important player because of his leadership. He was our best player in the playoffs too.
Hibbert was our best player during the 1st half of the season, Granger best player during 2nd half of the season