PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis didn't come up with "Fear the Brow" phrase

Pacersalltheway10
07-01-2012, 01:53 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/taking_brow_qXoklmGorEjyc4Lm8czvVI

Soon-to-be-pro basketball star Anthony Davis (pictured) is raising eyebrows with his unique marketing campaign.

The University of Kentucky stud, and expected No. 1 pick in tonight’s NBA draft, has applied for trademark rights to “Fear the Brow” and “Raise the Brow,” in hopes of profiting from his odd facial trait.

“I don’t want anyone to try to grow a unibrow because of me and then try to make money off of it,” Davis told CNBC. “Me and my family decided to trademark it because it’s very unique.”

Davis applied to trademark both phrases this month.

But a Lexington, Ky., T-shirt maker, Blue Zone LLC, put in a claim for “Fear The Brow” last November, records show. The company’s owner claims he’ll have exclusive rights to the slogan.

“We came up with ‘Fear the Brow,’ ” said owner Reid Coffman. “ ‘Fear the Brow’ wasn’t even a thought until October of last year, until he started playing. We came up with it.”

pizza guy
07-01-2012, 01:54 PM
I hope someone makes him shave the ugly thing and put a stop to this nonsense.

PacersHomer
07-01-2012, 02:24 PM
I hope someone makes him shave the ugly thing and put a stop to this nonsense.

Rookie hazing possibly?

spreedom
07-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Is "Fear The Brow" even remotely creative?

ECKrueger
07-01-2012, 05:45 PM
I know it's silly, but I can't stand him because he's from Kentucky and the brow.

PacersHomer
07-01-2012, 06:47 PM
I know it's silly, but I can't stand him because he's from Kentucky and the brow.

I'm surprised a Purdue fan wouldn't love to cheer for Kentucky because of how much IU hates them.

Heisenberg
07-01-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm surprised a Purdue fan wouldn't love to cheer for Kentucky because of how much IU hates them.
No one that's a fan of another school has business doing anything but hating Kentucky and their hillbilly fanbase.

PacersHomer
07-01-2012, 06:54 PM
No one that's a fan of another school has business doing anything but hating Kentucky and their hillbilly fanbase.

It's not like IU doesn't have it's fair share of hill folk in the crowd. The people sitting behind me at Hoosier Hysteria were hilarious.

Heisenberg
07-01-2012, 06:56 PM
It's not like IU doesn't have it's fair share of hill folk in the crowd. The people sitting behind me at Hoosier Hysteria were hilarious.

I shall refrain lol