PDA

View Full Version : Eric Gordon meeting with the Pacers today.

Pages : [1] 2

Dr. Awesome
07-01-2012, 12:22 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8118428/sources-eric-gordon-visit-indiana-pacers-houston-rockets-phoenix-suns

Dr. Awesome
07-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Most people know I think there is 0% chance he comes here this year, but for those of you holding out hope - here ya go.

*astrisk*
07-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Just heard Aldridge report it on NBATV

Steagles
07-01-2012, 12:25 AM
He is meeting with us but there is absolutely ZERO chance he gets a max offer from us. If he wants that then thanks for inquiring, good riddance.

Sandman21
07-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Can we just create one big Eric Gordon thread and be done with it? :D

pacer4ever
07-01-2012, 12:32 AM
He is meeting with us but there is absolutely ZERO chance he gets a max offer from us. If he wants that then thanks for inquiring, good riddance.
disagree, If Herb wants to win a Championship Herb will offer him a max deal.

He is worth a max contract we need a guy who can score off the dribble and defend and the only way we can get that elite talent in the next few years is by shelling out huge money in free agency.

If we add EJ we are legit contender so a max contract IMO is worth it.

and his contract is insurable if he gets a serious injury. We are a small market team we have to take this risk or we will be stuck in being pretenders for the next 10 years

ECKrueger
07-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Ya we need to take a chance on a superstar, but it is exactly that: a chance. Why not take a less risky one?

troyc11a
07-01-2012, 12:35 AM

He is worth a max contract we need a guy who can score off the dribble and defend and the only way we can get that elite talent in the next few years is by shelling out huge money in free agency.

and his contract is insurable if he gets a serious injury. We are a small market team we have to take this risk or we will be stuck in being pretenders for the next 10 years

If Herb is serious about winning a championship he will not even talk to Gordon. Max deal for a guy who plays 50% of the games is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Please Herbie pass on Gordon!

Steagles
07-01-2012, 12:36 AM

If his contract is insurable then go for it- I'm just not sure it will be. And I suppose he will be the only star eager to play here for a while. I don't think I would offer him max. Close? Probably. Max? I don't think so.

Trophy
07-01-2012, 12:37 AM
EJ is the most underrated player in the NBA.

He's a leader by example. He defends very well, he knows how to create for himself as well as others, he's consistent when healthy.

I'd make a serious push to get him and maybe even offer him the max or close to it because he's really the only legitimate star that would be willing to stay here for his career and it can turn us into a serious championship contender.

pacer4ever
07-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Ya we need to take a chance on a superstar, but it is exactly that: a chance. Why not take a less risky one?

name a way we are gonna get a less risky one?? I will be here awhile waiting. The fact of the matter you cant get these guys unless you pay that is the reason 5 teams will likely offer the max or near max.

If we could get a guy at his level who plays every game in his career I would be all for it over EJ the fact is that guy isnt out there.

troyc11a
07-01-2012, 12:38 AM
If his contract is insurable then go for it- I'm just not sure it will be. And I suppose he will be the only star eager to play here for a while. I don't think I would offer him max. Close? Probably. Max? I don't think so.

He will look good sitting behind the bench in a suit for the next 4 years! (Derrick McKey 2.0)

Dr. Awesome
07-01-2012, 12:40 AM

We need a PG more than we need a player like Eric Gordon.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Eric Gordon, but the only way that is happening is if he refuses to play for the Hornets and forces a sign and trade. In that unlikely scenario, the Hornets will only want George or Hibbert from us. I pass on both of those trades instantly.

pacer4ever
07-01-2012, 12:40 AM

The dude has no damage

Brandon Roy who had cronic knee pain his whole life i believe was able to get a doctor to insure that contract for POR. EJ has no structural damage or any signs any of his injurys are long term.

graphic-er
07-01-2012, 12:41 AM
If Herb is serious about winning a championship he will not even talk to Gordon. Max deal for a guy who plays 50% of the games is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Please Herbie pass on Gordon!

LOL you think Gordon called the Pacers and asked to meet? The Pacers obviously want Gordon or they wouldn't be meeting with him.

If you want to win a championship in the next 4-5 years then you have to get a player who can out play Dwayne Wade. We aren't going to out play Lebron thats a given, you have certainly have a chance to out play Wade in an ECF series if you have Gordon on your team. This is a chance to get a franchise player. Roy Hibbert is not a franchise player....infact I bet that if we get Eric Gordon, Roy Hibbert is going to sign with us for less than the max.

pacer4ever
07-01-2012, 12:41 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Eric Gordon, but the only way that is happening is if he refuses to play for the Hornets and forces a sign and trade. In that unlikely scenario, the Hornets will only want George or Hibbert from us. I pass on both of those trades instantly.

sign Hibbert Sign Gordon sign Andre Miller and next year we are contender. We need guys who can create shots 1st in for most IMO(rather that is a pg or a SG or a SF I dont really care).

and we need guys who can go get theres at the end of games Miami has 2 guys who do that OKC had 2. Dallas had 2 im sure I can go back at every champion im sure every team had a guy who could take over a game at any time and finish.

Sandman21
07-01-2012, 12:44 AM
He will look good sitting behind the bench in a suit for the next 4 years! (Derrick McKey 2.0)

Except Derrick didn't really miss a lot of games until late in his career when we had Mully and Jalen playing in front of him...

troyc11a
LOL you think Gordon called the Pacers and asked to meet? The Pacers obviously want Gordon or they wouldn't be meeting with him.

If you want to win a championship in the next 4-5 years then you have to get a player who can out play Dwayne Wade. We aren't going to out play Lebron thats a given, you have certainly have a chance to out play Wade in an ECF series if you have Gordon on your team. This is a chance to get a franchise player. Roy Hibbert is not a franchise player....infact I bet that if we get Eric Gordon, Roy Hibbert is going to sign with us for less than the max.

How is the world can a player who is injured half the time help you when he is sitting behind the bench in a suit? This is not speculation. He WILL be injured most of the time. Pass and sign a player who will be on the court!

ECKrueger
name a way we are gonna get a less risky one?? I will be here awhile waiting. The fact of the matter you cant get these guys unless you pay that is the reason 5 teams will likely offer the max or near max.

If we could get a guy at his level who plays every game in his career I would be all for it over EJ the fact is that guy isnt out there.

Well then, I am staying put or adding non-superstars. If Gordon is the best we can do, I'd rather try something else. I'd definitely take him for less than the max, just don't want to pay that kind of money for a guy who has a good chance of sitting the bench all year.

troyc11a
07-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Except Derrick didn't really miss a lot of games until late in his career when we had Mully and Jalen playing in front of him...

That is true! Gordon misses half the games and he is still young. Imagine how injured he will be when he gets some age on him?

Dr. Awesome
sign Hibbert Sign Gordon sign Andre Miller and next year we are contender. We need guys who can create shots 1st in for most IMO(rather that is a pg or a SG or a SF I dont really care).

and we need guys who can go get theres at the end of games Miami has 2 guys who do that OKC had 2. Dallas had 2 im sure I can go back at every champion im sure every team had a guy who could take over a game at any time and finish.
Again, we just can't sign Eric Gordon.

He is a restricted FA and NO will match any offer we give him. I don't understand how people fail to realize this.

ECKrueger
How is the world can a player who is injured half the time help you when he is sitting behind the bench in a suit? This is not speculation. He WILL be injured most of the time. Pass and sign a player who will be on the court!

See now you're just going to far.

vnzla81
Yes please EJ, we need a guy like him is time to make it happen.

graphic-er

LOL Paul George isn't worth more than Eric Gordon. If NOLA wants George I'd give it up all day long. If they wanted Hibbert to pair with Davis. I'd take a hard look at it as well because Roy has not shown that he is worth a max deal. Certainly there are other serviceable centers in this league. Kamen is only a phone call away.

pacer4ever
07-01-2012, 12:47 AM
I would agree Eric Gordon isnt a max player if we had PHX roster in fact if we had PHX roster I would really not be interested.

But I liken it to baseball where you bulid from within (the farm system ) and when you are a piece away you go out a pay a ton to get your team over the hump in free agency)

But we are literally a big piece away from being contender so IMO he is worth a max because of our situation.

pizza guy
07-01-2012, 12:48 AM
If we get ANY of the big free agents this offseason (or any offseason for that matter), we should be happy. Nash, DWill, EJ, heck even Dragic or Ray Allen would be accomplishments.

They're all going to come with their flaws, down-sides, and haters. But, as we're incredibly fond of saying around here...

:haters:

tadscout
07-01-2012, 12:48 AM

He is a restricted FA and NO will match any offer we give him. I don't understand how people fail to realize this.

Only way he can end up elsewhere, is if he threatens to just take the QO and then bolt after this year... forcing NO to S&T him to get some value in return.

xBulletproof
07-01-2012, 12:50 AM
We can't offer Gordon the max anyway. We're what? 4 million a year short in cap space, even if we offer it before Hibbert and Hill sign.

This HAS to be a sign and trade. They're gonna want the farm, and I'm not sure I'm prepared to give it up.

pacer4ever

I realize that I am just stating he is worth the max and giving my reasons. That is the reason I have said even though he wants to come here I didnt see how it would happen.

If I was the Hornets I would match.

Bulletproof we could clear cap room we could pair Djones and DC to a team that needs a pg for a future pick or what not. Clearing cap wouldnt be hard but I do think a S&T is the only way it happens and if I was the Hornets the only way I do that is if EJ flat out says he doesnt want to be in NOLA .

Dell Dempts didnt answer when asked if he would match any offer for EJ but I bet it was just posturing.

3rdStrike

This is the NBA. The player has all the leverage. Plus, the Hornets drafted his replacement. Austin Rivers isn't a bench player, and NO isn't contending this year so it behooves them to start him ASAP.

Eleazar
07-01-2012, 12:51 AM

Well I think it is pretty obviously well known that Gordon has serious reserves about returning to NO, so I doubt NO will be willing to match anything to expensive or too long. With that said I don't want to offer that much until Gordon can prove he can stay healthy for at least one season.

Trophy
07-01-2012, 12:52 AM
In his second game back from the knee injury last season, he scored 31 points and ended up 20+ PPG.

He's a consistent scorer and knows how to create.

vnzla81
We can't offer Gordon the max anyway. We're what? 4 million a year short in cap space, even if we offer it before Hibbert and Hill sign.

This HAS to be a sign and trade. They're gonna want the farm, and I'm not sure I'm prepared to give it up.

Not the farm just Danny.

troyc11a
See now you're just going to far.

What in my statement is not 100% factual?
I would love to have EJ if he could stay healthy. But he never has. Not even in college. Dude is injury prone and will suck the life out of the team sitting behind the bench while making max $$$.
Tony Dungy always said the best way to gauge a players future actions is by looking at his past. EJ just cant stay healthy. Its sad but true.

Hypnotiq
07-01-2012, 12:53 AM
They will want PG

why on earth would they want Danny Granger ?

Cactus Jax
07-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Not the farm just Danny.

Hornets don't want Danny. They'd just keep Gordon if they want a long term player. It's going to cost George or Hibbert, even if he forces a sign and trade.

xBulletproof
07-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Not the farm just Danny.

They're a young, rebuilding team. I'm not sure they'd want a guy in his prime at this point.

Considering he's from New Orleans, and maybe they're looking for someone to mentor the kids.... maybe. I still doubt it though.

tadscout

This. ^

I'd say the most I'd offer is DC, Danny, and next years 1st (sounds like the draft will suck after early lottery) - and only Danny, not PG (so we can grow/ contend with PG, EG, and Hibs for years)

pacer4ever
If we get ANY of the big free agents this offseason (or any offseason for that matter), we should be happy. Nash, DWill, EJ, heck even Dragic or Ray Allen would be accomplishments.

They're all going to come with their flaws, down-sides, and haters. But, as we're incredibly fond of saying around here...

:haters:

Dragic or Allen would be nice but they dont make us contender and this offseason is our last chance to add a legitimate game changer that can make us contenders.

PacersPride
But I liken it to baseball where you bulid from within (the farm system ) and when you are a piece away you go out a pay a ton to get your team over the hump in free agency)

But we are literally a big piece away from being contender so IMO he is worth a max because of our situation.

and yet you give Larry Legend a C in the other thread. not to derail the thread.. just curious how that one makes any sense. fyi.. this is still Birds team, he will be back next year. Pretty sure he knows this was scheduled and has made it known to Simon Gordon needs to be considered.

i agree we are one player away from contending. Exec of the Year got us there.

* right now if i had to choose i take nash over gordon. but i like gordon and if he can stay healthy he is a near max player. big if though.. liken it to Bob Sanders type of player for us. gamechanger on the court/field but was never able to consistently play.

ECKrueger
07-01-2012, 12:55 AM
I would love to have EJ if he could stay healthy. But he never has. Not even in college. Dude is injury prone and will suck the life out of the team sitting behind the bench while making max $$$.
Tony Dungy always said the best way to gauge a players future actions is by looking at his past. EJ just cant stay healthy. Its sad but true.

Are you kidding? The part where you said he WILL be hurt is 100% speculation. Look, I agree he'll likely be hurt, but my gosh it isn't set in stone.

tadscout
07-01-2012, 12:56 AM
They're a young, rebuilding team. I'm not sure they'd want a guy in his prime at this point.

Considering he's from New Orleans, and maybe they're looking for someone to mentor the kids.... maybe. I still doubt it though.

Every young team needs a veteran to learn from, and marketing for them wouldn't hurt either - would you rather have EG who doesn't want to be there, or the hometown boy in DG?

xBulletproof
07-01-2012, 12:56 AM

Hasn't been healthy in the past, and WILL NEVER be healthy are 2 entirely different things, and unrelated. One talks about history, and the other is getting your Miss Cleo on and pretending you can tell the future. You can't.

Guess Phoenix never should have signed Grant Hill. What a waste, he just sits in a suit too ..... oh wait ....

Sandman21
07-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Except Phoenix literally can apparently miraculously cure long running injuries for some reason....

Pacer Fan
07-01-2012, 12:58 AM

Injury prone he has been, But he has not got a chronic injury. His injuries have been different. He is not a Brandon Roy, Amare, Greg Oden, ect. It is a physical sport and he doesn't shy away from heavy contact like 70% of the league.

vnzla81
07-01-2012, 12:58 AM

Well Danny has two years left in his contract and they can trade him for other pieces later on if they don't feel like having him, if I was the Pacers I try to pry somebody else plus EJ.

troyc11a
07-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Hasn't been healthy in the past, and WILL NEVER be healthy are 2 entirely different things, and unrelated. One talks about history, and the other is getting your Miss Cleo on and pretending you can tell the future. You can't.

Guess Phoenix never should have signed Grant Hill. What a waste, he just sits in a suit too ..... oh wait ....

The odds of EJ being healthy are slim to none. He has not shown he can play regularly without getting hurt. Signing him is a huge gamble. Giving up one of our core pieces and signing him to a max deal would be one of the most insane moves any NBA team has ever made.

3rdStrike
07-01-2012, 01:01 AM
What if the asking price is DC, two 1sts & Hansbrough? Hornets supposedly feel like they need a point guard, DC is familiar with the city and the fans liked him. He's still young and inexpensive, so he would fit their low-budget plans. As great as Gordon is, I don't know if NO could reasonably ask for much more than that, considering his injury history and the fact they already have his replacement in Rivers.

HC
07-01-2012, 01:01 AM
No guts no glory. Bring the man home.

Trophy
07-01-2012, 01:02 AM
BTW, has anyone seen his commercial?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3GW-5UNyItY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kstat
07-01-2012, 01:02 AM
I would think the hornets would want Granger or DC.

RLeWorm
07-01-2012, 01:03 AM

i think its a good deal for both teams honestly. We would get Gordon and then having traded DC it would open up for Nash and Hill can back him up.

pizza guy
07-01-2012, 01:04 AM
If we have to do it in sign and trade fashion, there's going to need to be a third team in all likelihood. New Orleans will want youth and potential to go with Rivers and the Brow and we'd be able to offer Paul George, Hansbrough, and Plumlee...maybe Hill. Two of which get laughed at and the other two would incite riots among the fanbase.

Maybe a team that loses out in free agency and will be desperate to make a move can get in on something. I am not imaginative or knowledgeable enough in trade proposals, so I'll leave that to someone else. But I just don't see a single trade between just Indy and NO that is going to make many people happy.

Cactus Jax
07-01-2012, 01:04 AM

If they take Granger, it's a no-brainer for me, I'm just afraid it's going to be like a George + DC offer that they'll only accept.

Willbo
07-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Hornets hold the whip hand. Would take George, Collison, and a future 1st at least.

pizza guy
07-01-2012, 01:07 AM
If they take Granger, it's a no-brainer for me, I'm just afraid it's going to be like a George + DC offer that they'll only accept.

I really like Paul George and I've even argued on here before that his potential versus EJ's injury history says that we should stick with PG24. But if PG + DC = EJ, that's something you've really got to consider. Hill and EJ would be awesome together, so losing DC wouldn't worry me and obviously when healthy, EJ > PG. If New Orleans takes that deal, I think you take it and hope the guy stays healthy. Then if he doesn't, you can at least say you tried.

PacersPride
07-01-2012, 01:08 AM

potentially both.

making that kind of trade only allows us more cap space. pacers set to speak to nash tommorow let them know its a done deal.

nash, gordon, george, west, hibbert starting 5

Kstat
07-01-2012, 01:09 AM
That would be the dream scenario for Indiana.

RLeWorm
07-01-2012, 01:11 AM
NO is really high on Gordon. Granger+DC+Hans

PacersPride
07-01-2012, 01:13 AM
That would be the dream scenario for Indiana.

not as unlikely as it appears. getting nash here is the wildcard. i think if theres a way to pull that off without giving up granger nash would be all in.

ECKrueger
07-01-2012, 01:16 AM
NO is really high on Gordon. Granger+DC+Hans

NO is really high on Gordon.

I'm really high on NO to Gordon.

vnzla81
07-01-2012, 01:19 AM
If you are the Pacers you offer EJ the max and hope that NO doesn't match, paying the extra money for him is worth it because you don't lose another piece(Danny,DC,etc).

Pace Maker
07-01-2012, 01:19 AM
Its not a popular opinion, but I really want the Pacers to get EG. I seriously believe he can be a star if he can stay healthy.

Steagles
07-01-2012, 01:24 AM
If you are the Pacers you offer EJ the max and hope that NO doesn't match, paying the extra money for him is worth it because you don't lose another piece(Danny,DC,etc).

Very true. I'd take Eric with Danny/Paul/DC over Eric with Paul+ $5-6 million FA.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

ECKrueger
07-01-2012, 01:26 AM
Its not a popular opinion, but I really want the Pacers to get EG. I seriously believe he can be a star if he can stay healthy.

Not many disagree with this! No one wants to give up pieces or pay him the max.

Cactus Jax
07-01-2012, 01:29 AM
You could sign EJ to max (if the Hornets don't match or are pressured not to match) and then maybe trade Granger to the Nets for the cap space needed to get Hibbert, Hill, and maybe Nash.

No way the Pacers can afford to pay EJ, Hibbert, Granger, Nash, Hill, AND West.

imawhat
07-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Hornets hold the whip hand. Would take George, Collison, and a future 1st at least.

Not necessarily. Eric has all of the control. If he wants to play for Indiana and threatens to sign a one year deal, then Indiana holds way more power. We can choose to wait it out and not give up any assets.

If he's really serious about playing here, we won't have to give up as much as you might think.

IndySDExport
07-01-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm surprised no one has said this yet. Herb has always maintained a strict policy of not bidding on RFAs. Have we finally convinced him otherwise? Even inviting EJ would seem to violate this montra. I would have to imagine a sign and trade is the only possibility simply out of Herb's respect for other owners. Regardless, I see this as a step forward for Mr. Simon.

Pace Maker
07-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Not many disagree with this! No one wants to give up pieces or pay him the max.
Yeah the main problem is it would be really hard to get him without paying the max or letting go of PG

But man talents like Gordon who actually would like to play here is always a tempting offer :P

Pacerfan
07-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Not necessarily. Eric has all of the control. If he wants to play for Indiana and threatens to sign a one year deal, then Indiana holds way more power. We can choose to wait it out and not give up any assets.

If he's really serious about playing here, we won't have to give up as much as you might think.

The only problem with that is that Indiana is most likely not going to have much cap space next year after they sign Roy Hibbert and whoever else this summer. I doubt we wait it out for a year. We are trying to contend THIS year.

imawhat
07-01-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm surprised no one has said this yet. Herb has always maintained a strict policy of not bidding on RFAs.

I'm assuming we'd do a sign and trade. This is a special circumstance in which a good player has made it known they want to play for the Pacers.

imawhat
07-01-2012, 01:34 AM
The only problem with that is that Indiana is most likely not going to have much cap space next year after they sign Roy Hibbert and whoever else this summer. I doubt we wait it out for a year. We are trying to contend THIS year.

But it's the same end result for NO. Do a sign and trade now or get nothing for him in return (whether he's in Indy or playing elsewhere). That's the key thing to remember.

ECKrueger
07-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Yeah the main problem is it would be really hard to get him without paying the max or letting go of PG

But man talents like Gordon who actually would like to play here is always a tempting offer :P

I agree with every thing you say, I'm just not quite as tempted by the offer ;)

*astrisk*
07-01-2012, 01:37 AM
and yet you give Larry Legend a C in the other thread. not to derail the thread.. just curious how that one makes any sense. fyi.. this is still Birds team, he will be back next year. Pretty sure he knows this was scheduled and has made it known to Simon Gordon needs to be considered.

i agree we are one player away from contending. Exec of the Year got us there.

* right now if i had to choose i take nash over gordon. but i like gordon and if he can stay healthy he is a near max player. big if though.. liken it to Bob Sanders type of player for us. gamechanger on the court/field but was never able to consistently play.

I would love to see ej come home. Your analogy to Bob Sanders is absolutely spot on! Solve the issue by holding him out until 70 games are in the books... Grab the 8th seed and win us a championship! (Sarcasm)

Pace Maker
07-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Plus I get the feeling Gordon hates playing in New Orleans. Here's his reaction after hitting a game winner in his debut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWixIgwkhs&feature=related

Obviously I have no idea what's going on in his head or if his mindset has changed with the franchise's new direction, but he looked like he didn't give a **** lol

CableKC
07-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Not the farm just Danny.
As Hypnotiq said.....they don't want Granger's long-term contract. It would more than likely be sending Granger to a team that will send a future 1st round pick, Prospect and an Expiring Contract ( or if possible...a TPE ) and then flipping that to the Hornets.

tadscout
07-01-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm surprised no one has said this yet. Herb has always maintained a strict policy of not bidding on RFAs. Have we finally convinced him otherwise? Even inviting EJ would seem to violate this montra. I would have to imagine a sign and trade is the only possibility simply out of Herb's respect for other owners. Regardless, I see this as a step forward for Mr. Simon.

Simon has said in an interview he would allow us to go after a RFA if they are the right piece for our team.

graphic-er
07-01-2012, 01:45 AM
No guts no glory. Bring the man home.

Post of the thread. THis is the gamble you take to win a championship.

I'd offer them DC+PG(or Hans) and a future 1st. That way I keep Granger who is in his prime. In 2 years when Granger expires we will have a chance to add another piece.

To have EJ, Granger, and Hibbert....thats a legit big 3. EJ with his flat out #1 option scoring ability. Granger with his 3 point shooting and post up game. Hibbert with his Defense and low post moves. Lets not forget about David West as well.

With EJ we are legit contenders. I almost think that you could let Hill walk if you got EJ.

CableKC
07-01-2012, 01:47 AM

I'd offer them DC+PG(or Hans) and a future 1st. That way I keep Granger who is in his prime. In 2 years when Granger expires we will have a chance to add another piece.

To have EJ, Granger, and Hibbert....thats a legit big 3. EJ with his flat out #1 option scoring ability. Granger with his 3 point shooting and post up game. Hibbert with his Defense and low post moves. Lets not forget about David West as well.

With EJ we are legit contenders. I almost think that you could let Hill walk if you got EJ.
EJ is not worth DC+PG+1st.

Given the trade value of PG.....at most....2 of those 3 assets....but not all 3.

Cactus Jax
07-01-2012, 01:50 AM

What I'd try to do to contend is to sign and trade Gordon for George + Hans + draft pick(s). Then try and get Steve Nash (not for anything too outrageous), resign Hibbert and let George Hill walk unless he gets lowballed in free agency. Nash/Gordon/Granger/West/Hibbert would be awesome, and you'd still have DC to backup Nash or use as a trade chip for whatever you need. All a pipe dream though, the Nash part especially.

I think we'll all look back at this the way things were like 8-10 years ago when the T-Mac to Indy rumors were on fire.

xBulletproof
07-01-2012, 01:51 AM

We can't offer enough to give him the max. I've said this repeatedly, we DO NOT have enough cap room. It's also why I started the cap reality thread the other day.

Kstat
07-01-2012, 01:52 AM
We can't offer enough to give him the max. I've said this repeatedly, we DO NOT have enough cap room. It's also why I started the cap reality thread the other day.

...which is why Gordon would likely be looking to broker a sign and trade for Granger.

PGisthefuture
07-01-2012, 01:53 AM
EJ is not worth DC+PG+1st.

Given the trade value of PG.....at most....2 of those 3 assets....but not all 3.

If we can do a S&T involving DC, Hansbro, and a pick(s) then I'm all for it.

Edit: I'm not sure that's enough for New Orleans, but if you think about it it fills some holes on their roster. DC can play pg while Austin Rivers plays SG, they put Hansbrough next to Davis... I don't know I'm just thinking out loud.

Cactus Jax
07-01-2012, 01:54 AM

Yeah the cap room just doesn't work really. It's good to dream sometimes though. I don't think there's any way the team can realistically have EJ and Granger on the team.

Lance George
07-01-2012, 01:54 AM
For anyone interested in what Hornets' fans are saying/thinking:

Gordon to meet with several teams next week - Hornets Report (http://www.hornetsreport.com/HRForums/showthread.php?71411-Gordon-to-meet-with-several-teams-next-week)

Houston's reportedly looking to make a sign-and-trade offer with some of their young prospects.

vnzla81
07-01-2012, 01:57 AM

There are always ways to get cap space, you send somebody to a team with cap space for free or something, if you have a chance to get EJ without giving up anything you find ways to make it work.

graphic-er
07-01-2012, 02:03 AM

Widely know, but it looks like that rule is just smoke screen because they are meeting with him today. So maybe all the TPTB pressured Herbie about it. Maybe Herbie knows how much value Gordon would bring to the franchise.

Eleazar
07-01-2012, 02:09 AM
Widely know, but it looks like that rule is just smoke screen because they are meeting with him today. So maybe all the TPTB pressured Herbie about it. Maybe Herbie knows how much value Gordon would bring to the franchise.

The rule is to not get into a bidding war, not not bidding on RFA's. I'm surprised how few people pick up on this huge difference.

xBulletproof
07-01-2012, 02:11 AM
There are always ways to get cap space, you send somebody to a team with cap space for free or something, if you have a chance to get EJ without giving up anything you find ways to make it work.

The only 2 players on the team who make enough to clear over 4 million, is Granger and West. Don't see that happening.

Hypnotiq
07-01-2012, 02:12 AM
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
Not to spoil the fun for suitors of restricted free agent Eric Gordon, but source says N. Orleans will match max offer if he gets one.

vnzla81
07-01-2012, 02:17 AM
The only 2 players on the team who make enough to clear over 4 million, is Granger and West. Don't see that happening.

Send Tyler and Pendergraph to a team for free and you have your 4mil, is not as complicated as you think, many teams do this.

Pacergeek
07-01-2012, 02:23 AM
This has to be great news for anybody wanting Eric to play here. How much money he wants is anybody's guess, but its very presumptuous assuming that he wants a max contract. I have a feeling that Eric wants to play here next year regardless of how much he gets paid. I do know that he wants no part of New Orleans. His Twitter avatar is Eric wearing his IU jersey. Also on draft night, Eric made no mention welcoming the new Hornets' draft picks. New Orleans won't match an offer just to impede Eric from playing back home.

Cactus Jax
07-01-2012, 02:29 AM
This has to be great news for anybody wanting Eric to play here. How much money he wants is anybody's guess, but its very presumptuous assuming that he wants a max contract. I have a feeling that Eric wants to play here next year regardless of how much he gets paid. I do know that he wants no part of New Orleans. His Twitter avatar is Eric wearing his IU jersey. Also on draft night, Eric made no mention welcoming the new Hornets' draft picks. New Orleans won't match an offer just to impede Eric from playing back home.

They'll match ANY offer even the max, it has to be a sign and trade to convince New Orleans to do it. They're not going to just let EJ go just for some homecoming dream.

Pacergeek
07-01-2012, 02:32 AM
They'll match ANY offer even the max, it has to be a sign and trade to convince New Orleans to do it. They're not going to just let EJ go just for some homecoming dream.

I don't see NO matching an offer to keep a disgruntled player

tadscout
07-01-2012, 02:34 AM

...but he could just take the QO and walk after this year and they get zero in return. If he lets it be known he has no desire to be there and will walk, only makes sense they try to get something in return.

Cactus Jax
07-01-2012, 02:35 AM

The Hornets would get tons of trade offers for him, and I'm sure Gordon would get over the Indy idea being able to pick any other team he wants. The Pacers are going to have to give up player(s) to make it happen to New Orleans.

Eleazar
07-01-2012, 03:12 AM
If Gordon is dead set on coming to the Pacers, and doesn't even consider anyone else the only two teams that matter are the Hornets and the Pacers. Any offer the Hornets or Gordon get from other teams don't matter at all.

As far as matching max, I doubt they will actually do it. It isn't in their best interests to match just to match in hopes to get something. Of course they will say they will match, but it doesn't mean they will. Anyways I hope we don't offer anything near max for Gordon until he can prove he can stay healthy. A healthy Gordon very well may be worth max, but a consistently unhealthy Gordon doesn't help you much.

wintermute
07-01-2012, 05:39 AM

Exactly. Just as we'll match any offer to Hibbert. If NOH really can't stomach the money/risk, then they'll trade Gordon to someone who will. It needs to be S&T.

...but he could just take the QO and walk after this year and they get zero in return. If he lets it be known he has no desire to be there and will walk, only makes sense they try to get something in return.

Gordon isn't taking the QO. Here's the likely sequence: Gordon gets a max offer from someone. He signs the offer sheet, and NOH matches. Then they either convince Gordon he'll be happy staying, or trade him elsewhere to be someone else's problem. What we have to do is make sure our trade offer is competitive with other teams'.

xakle
07-01-2012, 10:18 AM

And where did you hear that?

He's been at Hornets' workouts for the rookies. He's worked out at Hornets' facilities as recently as a few days ago. He's been on record saying that he likes New Orleans and that he sees a great future. He's also spent time at the Saints' practice facility, talking to Mickey Loomis, and watching Saints' practices at minicamp (Saints' owner now also owns the Hornets for those who don't know).

He and his agent are just trying to get a max contract because the Hornets only offered 50m/4 years. To get the max, another team will have to give it to him, but the Hornets have already stated they are going to match it. It would be pointless not to anyway... there are no players on the roster making 6 million or more, and if it turns out he's still injury prone then by the time his 4 year deal is up, it still won't impede them from giving the max to Anthony Davis and/or Austin Rivers.

xakle
07-01-2012, 10:53 AM

And where did you hear that he is disgruntled?

He was at Hornets' rookie workouts early last month. He worked out at Hornets' facilities as recently as a few days ago. He spent time at Saints' facilities and talking to Mickey Loomis as well as watching Saints' mini camp practices (for those that don't know by now, the Saints' owner also owns the Hornets).

He's also stated recently that he likes New Orleans and sees a great future. The only thing he's doing right now is trying to get a max offer because the Hornets only offered him 50 million over 4 years. However, the Hornets have already stated they can and will match whatever he's given.

rm1369
07-01-2012, 12:24 PM
As Hypnotiq said.....they don't want Granger's long-term contract. It would more than likely be sending Granger to a team that will send a future 1st round pick, Prospect and an Expiring Contract ( or if possible...a TPE ) and then flipping that to the Hornets.

Danny has 2 years remaining. I don't consider that long term. He plays next year for them and then he's an a very tradeable asset - an above average player with an expiring contract. There is no doubt that NOH would rather have EJ, but I don't believe it would be stupid for NOH to trade EJ for Danny and DC (or Tyler). You just drafted two very talented rookies, you need to start adding stability around. DG and DC add value, stability, and, most importantly, no long term commitment. Id rather have that than a player that doesnt want to be there. I'd agree that they may get better offers for him though. IMO, it all comes down to how bad EJ wants to be here, how convincing he is, and how hard is he willing to push.

Hicks
07-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
The Pacers met RFA and Indy native Eric Gordon earlier today, according to a source.

Multiple reports say the Hornets will match any offer made to Gordon

PacerPenguins
07-01-2012, 01:19 PM
The Pacers met RFA and Indy native Eric Gordon earlier today, according to a source.

:mad: still id like to have OJ may though... 2 OJ's on 1 team :)

pizza guy
07-01-2012, 01:39 PM
I'd like to hear something more than we met with EJ. I want some kid of report on how it went!

CableKC
07-01-2012, 01:50 PM
:mad: still id like to have OJ may though... 2 OJ's on 1 team :)
Having 2 OJs on the Team would double the amount of Vitamin C that the Team gets on a daily basis!

Eleazar
07-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Having 2 OJs on the Team would double the amount of Vitamin C that the Team gets on a daily basis!

And be a complete waste of time, space, and money.

HC
07-01-2012, 04:04 PM

NO may as well drop the act. Everyone on the planet knows that if Gordon hints at being disgruntled then they are going to let him walk or trade him.

Evan_The_Dude
07-01-2012, 04:43 PM
So... I guess this means the end to Simons policy about going after RFA's?

BrownBearCoffee
07-01-2012, 04:45 PM
NO may as well drop the act. Everyone on the planet knows that if Gordon hints at being disgruntled then they are going to let him walk or trade him.

For better or worse, I think there is about a 60% chance that Gordon will be a Pacers, as it stands today.

cdash
07-01-2012, 04:45 PM

There is not a snowball's chance in hell that New Orleans lets him walk for nothing.

HC
07-01-2012, 04:48 PM
There is not a snowball's chance in hell that New Orleans lets him walk for nothing.

I agree, but it wouldn't really be nothing. It is cap space, and CP3 was gone regardless.

HC
07-01-2012, 04:50 PM
So... I guess this means the end to Simons policy about going after RFA's?

Either that or like someone else said it could be due dilligence in the scenario where EJ takes the QO and becomes a UFA next year.

eldubious
07-01-2012, 05:42 PM
It'll be extremely difficult to sign Gordon unless he brokers a trade to Indy, and it'll be a trade that Indy is comfortable with that doesn't include George or Granger. If I'm the Pacers, I'm not comfortable depending on George yet, but not ready to deal him either.

Eleazar
07-01-2012, 06:03 PM
I wish we could know what happened in that meeting.

cdash
07-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I agree, but it wouldn't really be nothing. It is cap space, and CP3 was gone regardless.

It would absolutely be nothing. It won't happen, and if I were a betting man, I'd wager that EJ is a Hornet for the foreseeable future.

CableKC
07-01-2012, 06:31 PM
And be a complete waste of time, space, and money.
Yeah...but the Team would meet their daily dose of Vitamin C!

BringJackBack
07-01-2012, 06:31 PM
I think Pritch has a grand master plan. Offers him a one year deal, and EJ accepts. New Orleans matches, and Eric Gordon is an unrestricted free agent next season.

Kstat
07-01-2012, 06:33 PM
I think Pritch has a grand master plan. Offers him a one year deal, and EJ accepts. New Orleans matches, and Eric Gordon is an unrestricted free agent next season.

He can't do that.

Speed
07-01-2012, 07:00 PM
If you don't think Gordon has chronic injury problems, he's a smarter max player than Roy. If you signed Gordon, he's your best player, tomorrow. If you sign Roy he's still not, and likely clearly your 3rd best in 2 years...

aaronb
07-01-2012, 07:03 PM

If you have EJ, then you are free to use George or Granger to get other pieces.

indygeezer
07-01-2012, 07:07 PM
The team that has him and wants to keep him knows him best. If his injuries were really a chronic thing, do you really think they'd be willing to match a max deal???

Eleazar
07-01-2012, 07:15 PM
If you don't think Gordon has chronic injury problems, he's a smarter max player than Roy. If you signed Gordon, he's your best player, tomorrow. If you sign Roy he's still not, and likely clearly your 3rd best in 2 years...

Even if Roy is the fourth best player on this team he would still be just as important to this teams success as a player like Gordon would be, unless you think Gordon is going to turn into a LeBron/MJ level player.

Stop underestimating the importance of a good center. There is a reason why any halfway good center gets paid so much more as their SG equivalent.

PacerPenguins
07-01-2012, 07:16 PM
just offer him wat he wants and have him tell New Orleans he won't play a single minute for them if he matches.. ;)

OlBlu
07-01-2012, 07:16 PM
For better or worse, I think there is about a 60% chance that Gordon will be a Pacers, as it stands today.

I would say that is overblown by about 10x.....:cool:

aaronb
07-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Even if Roy is the fourth best player on this team he would still be just as important to this teams success as a player like Gordon would be, unless you think Gordon is going to turn into a LeBron/MJ level player.

Stop underestimating the importance of a good center. There is a reason why any halfway good center gets paid so much more as their SG equivalent.

What was the last NBA champion that was built around a Center?

pizza guy
07-01-2012, 07:26 PM

Center? Probably the Lakers with Shaq, but they also had Kobe and there was the debate about who was number 1.

Dominant big man? Shaq, Duncan, KG. Even the Pistons relied heavily on Big Ben to be an anchor. Dallas wouldn't have won last year without Chandler, and Dirk is not a bruiser, but he uses his size to his advantage. Even the Lakers more recent titles wouldn't have been possible without Gasol.

Besides, the Pacers aren't building around Roy. He might get a max deal, but that's what you pay for a big man of his talent. We're still doing this thing with balance.

And don't forget, the Magic were built around Howard and they made the Finals but lost. So, it can be done that way too.

aaronb
07-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Center? Probably the Lakers with Shaq, but they also had Kobe and there was the debate about who was number 1.

Dominant big man? Shaq, Duncan, KG. Even the Pistons relied heavily on Big Ben to be an anchor. Dallas wouldn't have won last year without Chandler, and Dirk is not a bruiser, but he uses his size to his advantage. Even the Lakers more recent titles wouldn't have been possible without Gasol.

Besides, the Pacers aren't building around Roy. He might get a max deal, but that's what you pay for a big man of his talent. We're still doing this thing with balance.

And don't forget, the Magic were built around Howard and they made the Finals but lost. So, it can be done that way too.

Shaq is the only true plodding Center on that list.

I just don't see that paying an 11/6 Center a max deal being a slam dunk, no brainer.

If we planned on doing that. We needed to make moves to add to the roster last year. Waiting out cap space only to blow it on Hibby just seems like a dumb plan.

LA_Confidential
07-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Shaq is the only true plodding Center on that list.

I just don't see that paying an 11/6 Center a max deal being a slam dunk, no brainer.

If we planned on doing that. We needed to make moves to add to the roster last year. Waiting out cap space only to blow it on Hibby just seems like a dumb plan.

The point isn't to blow cap space on Roy, the point is to use capspace on available free agents and then match anything Hibbert signs. We do have that option. I do not anticipate Roy being the first player who gets signed by the FO. If he does then that would be a fail.

Ace E.Anderson
07-01-2012, 07:46 PM
just offer him wat he wants and have him tell New Orleans he won't play a single minute for them if he matches.. ;)

I know (think) you were joking, but could you imagine the outcry from pacer fans if Roy were to do that?! If Gordon doesn't want to play for NO he simply needs to let them know his wishes. If they still choose to keep him, he should sign his one yr tender and become an UR FA next yr.

PacerPenguins
07-01-2012, 08:14 PM
I know (think) you were joking, but could you imagine the outcry from pacer fans if Roy were to do that?! If Gordon doesn't want to play for NO he simply needs to let them know his wishes. If they still choose to keep him, he should sign his one yr tender and become an UR FA next yr.

ya it was a joke.

jeffg-body
07-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Would you do a trade for EJ with Danny and a future 1st rounder top 5 protected?

cdash
07-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Would you do a trade for EJ with Danny and a future 1st rounder top 5 protected?

All day.

aaronb
07-01-2012, 08:49 PM
All day.

So would I. EJ should be just entering his prime. It be a chance to have a core that would peak all at the same time.

Steagles
07-01-2012, 09:33 PM

I would be hesitant to include the 1st but likely would do that deal.

croz24
07-01-2012, 09:57 PM
EJ for Danny and a 1st would be a steal. Surprised people would be ok with that.

Reginald
07-01-2012, 10:01 PM

Shaq Era Lakers, The Dream Era Rockets, and their combined five NBA Finals MVPs. Next question.

PR07
07-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Shaq Era Lakers, The Dream Era Rockets, and their combined five NBA Finals MVPs. Next question.

I'd probably also add the Spurs' teams with Duncan sans Robinson.

mattie
07-01-2012, 10:17 PM
I'd probably also add the Spurs' teams with Duncan sans Robinson.

Actually Duncan has payed center his entire career. Robinson had declined so much he didn't have the strength to defend centers in Duncans first chqampionship year. Duncan had that role. Robinson was the center in name only.

PacerGuy
07-01-2012, 10:30 PM

Yes, but...
I think it might take something like: Danny/DC/Tyle/1st for EJ/J.Jack/2nd.

This clears more cap for NO & gives us a b/u (or starting) PG.
IMO we have little interest in extending qualifying offers to DC/Tyler soon, so moving them makes sense.

3rdStrike
07-01-2012, 10:42 PM

0-for the last decade. Guess we should research the tendencies of 1960s title teams and use it as a roster building blueprint.

ECKrueger
07-01-2012, 10:43 PM
So would I. EJ should be just entering his prime. It be a chance to have a core that would peak all at the same time.

I agree, it takes a couple years, but after that you really learn how to sit on the bench. What suits to wear to what games, which fans to sign things for, who to yell at, and which players like which flavored Gatorade. Things like that. It would be awesome to have a core with a strong "bench player" like that.

PR07
07-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Actually Duncan has payed center his entire career. Robinson had declined so much he didn't have the strength to defend centers in Duncans first chqampionship year. Duncan had that role. Robinson was the center in name only.

I don't know if that's completely true. I remember Robinson pretty clearly guarding Shaq and doing a really effective job of it en route to one of their championships against the Lakers. If he had the strength to guard Shaq, pretty sure he had the strength to guard anyone.

PacerGuy
07-01-2012, 11:08 PM
The 2000 Los Angeles Lakers team that beat the Pacers. Kobe was a pup & the team was focused on Shaq. He was in his prime (29.7/13.7). Argue the "Triangle", Kobe, whatever, that team was built at that time for Shaq.

xakle
07-01-2012, 11:08 PM

The Hornets wouldn't.

At this point, Danny Granger is a role player and he'd be considered a salary dump in this trade. A top 5 protected pick is also worthless considering that many scouts only consider there to be 4 players worth getting next year.

mattie
07-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Except for the Pistons and the two Heat championships, every single championship of the last decade had a dominate big man.

Pau, Shaq, Duncan, Dirk, KG.

mattie
07-01-2012, 11:31 PM
I don't know if that's completely true. I remember Robinson pretty clearly guarding Shaq and doing a really effective job of it en route to one of their championships against the Lakers. If he had the strength to guard Shaq, pretty sure he had the strength to guard anyone.

Robinson used a lot of fouls on Shaq but when they needed to slow Shaq down they put Duncan on him. At the time, Shaq was so dominate you had to rotate your bigs through him just to use up fouls. Duncan was preserved. But when it counted when stops were needed Duncan was the man they depended on. (not that Duncan stopped him. He could slow him but that was it)

pacer4ever
07-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Except for the Pistons and the two Heat championships, every single championship of the last decade had a dominate big man.

Pau, Shaq, Duncan, Dirk, KG.

If Pau is a dominate big man then so is Ben Wallace he was just dominate at the other end of the floor.

That is my issue Roy isnt good enough to build your team around and even be dominate on a nightly basis on one side of the floor.

Roy should of averaged 20 and 12 versus the teams we played in the playoffs who had terrible FCs and he just looked average at best.

mattie
07-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Kind of similar to the campaign to label Kobe a great defender and a clutch shooter, for some odd reason, NBA analysts and fans alike have done everything in their power to convince the world that Duncan has always been a powerforward his entire career. Not that it's the biggest deal, the roles a PF and C play are nearly identical but Duncan has always played center his entire career. Why people want to say otherwise is beyond me.

mattie
07-01-2012, 11:39 PM
If Pau is a dominate big man then so is Ben Wallace he was just dominate at the other end of the floor.

That is my issue Roy isnt good enough to build your team around and even be dominate on a nightly basis on one side of the floor.

Roy should of averaged 20 and 12 versus the teams we played in the playoffs who had terrible FCs and he just looked average at best.

I feel Roy has the similar effect as Tyson Chandler on the floor. As long as we see him as having the same role as Tyson and build the team with that thought in mind, the Pacers will be fine.

mattie
07-01-2012, 11:41 PM
I don't consider Roy an offensive threat. The team needs to find serious offensive threats else where. Roy's O game should be considered a bonus.

DieHard
07-01-2012, 11:43 PM

Since when is 12 pts 11 rbs and 3 blks "average at best"?

pacer4ever
07-01-2012, 11:45 PM
I feel Roy has the similar effect as Tyson Chandler on the floor. As long as we see him as having the same role as Tyson and build the team with that thought in mind, the Pacers will be fine.

Roy is in no way like Tyson Chandler Roy cant guard the PnR to save his life that is Tyson's best part of his game. Roy is not a great defender he is average at best and that is due to size.

The reason we lost to Miami was due to our defense on high PnR which Miami ran every time down after Spo figured out we cant defend it. If Roy played both ends like a max C should I would have no issue paying him but he doesn't.

his offense is solid but his defense was a liability in the playoffs.

Since when is 12 pts 11 rbs and 3 blks "average at best"?

when you are going against big Baby and Miami's undersized PFs I would expect 20 and 12 at least due to competition especially if your defense isnt good.

Heisenberg
07-01-2012, 11:46 PM
I'd really like to know anything that happened at this meeting.

LA_Confidential
07-01-2012, 11:46 PM

Nope. Sign Nash and move on.

mattie
07-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Roy is in no way like Tyson Chandler Roy cant guard the PnR to save his life that is Tyson's best part of his game. Roy is not a great defender he is average at best and that is due to size.

The reason we lost to Miami was due to our defense on high PnR which Miami ran every time down after Spo figured out we cant defend it. If Roy played both ends like a max C should I would have no issue paying him but he doesn't.

his offense is solid but his defense was a liability in the playoffs.

They're better at different things but have similar effects on the floor. Not going to spend much time arguing this, but in the Miami series, Roy had an amazing effect when he was on the court. Roy is phenomenal at protecting the rim. Tyson isn't as good but much better 1 on 1 and against the p N R. They both have their strenghts and weaknesses. Similar effects though.

cdash
07-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Nope. Sign Nash and move on.

Who is gonna forge his signature on that contract? Because he sure as hell isn't signing it.

LA_Confidential
07-01-2012, 11:56 PM
And who are you his greedy trophy wife? Ease up there pal. Even though you may he %100 correct, at this moment you have no proof. But thanks for your enthusiasm.

mattie
07-02-2012, 12:02 AM
And who are you his greedy trophy wife? Ease up there pal. Even though you may he %100 correct, at this moment you have no proof. But thanks for your enthusiasm.

?

Is this directed at me?

cdash
07-02-2012, 12:05 AM

Keep dreaming then if you want to. You just made it sound like such a simple solution, when it has very little chance of happening.

?

Is this directed at me?

No it's directed at me.

LA_Confidential
07-02-2012, 12:15 AM
?

Is this directed at me?

Sorry didn't hit the quote button.

LA_Confidential
07-02-2012, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=cdash;1469620]Keep dreaming then if you want to. You just made it sound like such a simple solution, when it has very little chance of happening.

This should actually be the general response to more than half the people on this board. Especially when it comes to EJ. Who says the Hornets would even consider trading him for Danny and a pick?

A.B.Hollywood
07-02-2012, 12:23 AM
1) it has to be a S&T
2) NO won't take Granger and DC

So here is what I'm thinking...

Portland making this offer means they can't sign Batum. S&T Hibbert for Batum (at 11 per) + Filler to Indy who then sends Batum + DC to NO for EJ.

We lose Hibbert, but gain Gordon and cap space to play with for other deals.

The fact that we were looking into people like Asik makes me think that he's gone and EJ is our main target.

Hicks
07-02-2012, 12:29 AM
I'm not convinced NO wouldn't take Granger (and DC).

Not to say that's what I predict to happen...

LA_Confidential
07-02-2012, 12:29 AM
1) it has to be a S&T
2) NO won't take Granger and DC

So here is what I'm thinking...

Portland making this offer means they can't sign Batum. S&T Hibbert for Batum (at 11 per) + Filler to Indy who then sends Batum + DC to NO for EJ.

We lose Hibbert, but gain Gordon and cap space to play with for other deals.

The fact that we were looking into people like Asik makes me think that he's gone and EJ is our main target.

Were looking at guys like Asik and Kaman just because we can. They would be wasted money. Besides Asik has already agreed with Houston. We have all the leverage dealing with Roy and I'm not so sure that Batum is worth 11million either.

A.B.Hollywood
07-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Were looking at guys like Asik and Kaman just because we can. They would be wasted money. Besides Asik has already agreed with Houston. We have all the leverage dealing with Roy and I'm not so sure that Batum is worth 11million either.

I am well aware that Asik signed. But to act like us looking at Asik, Kaman and other big man and drafting Plumlee is all just a happy coincidence with Roy's big contract coming up is wishful thinking IMO.

Those moves sound like a team that is looking at back-up plans. It doesn't mean Hibbert isn't a priority but 14.5+ per year he just isn't worth IMo and it sounds like the Pacers agree.

10-11 per for Batum is about what he;s worth and he is *absolutely& the type of young and upcoming player NO would want. They would (and rightfully so) have no interest in Granger. read their own boards they collectively laughed at that offer and I don't blame them.

If you don't want to deal PG then this Batum and Hibbert S&T lessens the Hibbert blow and nets us EJ. You could then trade Granger for Lowry and a pick or alike and we are going somewhere with a ton of cap room to spare.

LA_Confidential
07-02-2012, 12:55 AM
I am well aware that Asik signed. But to act like us looking at Asik, Kaman and other big man and drafting Plumlee is all just a happy coincidence with Roy's big contract coming up is wishful thinking IMO.

Those moves sound like a team that is looking at back-up plans.

My point exactly. Neither Asik, Kaman or Plumlee would become anything more than Roys back up in Indy. These dudes are not suitable replacements. Just what you said, back-up plans.

graphic-er
07-02-2012, 01:22 AM
If you don't think Hibbert is a max player then perhaps the Pacers need to offer a sign and trade to NOLA swapping Hibbert and EJ. That would arguably give them the best defensive front court in the league, while giving us that franchise level player we have been seeking to build around.

Kstat
07-02-2012, 01:27 AM
If you don't think Hibbert is a max player then perhaps the Pacers need to offer a sign and trade to NOLA swapping Hibbert and EJ.

ugh...

you know once Roy signs his offer sheet from Portland, you can't sign-and-trade trade him, right? You can't even trade him to Portland at that point.

HC
07-02-2012, 01:40 AM
Keep dreaming then if you want to. You just made it sound like such a simple solution, when it has very little chance of happening.
This should actually be the general response to more than half the people on this board. Especially when it comes to EJ. Who says the Hornets would even consider trading him for Danny and a pick?

Who says they won't?

CableKC
07-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Wait...are the Pacers giving up a 1st round pick on top of sending out Granger just to get EJ?

or

Are the Hornets sending out a future 1st with EJ to land Granger?

Either way, I have no clue why a 1st would be included either way....Granger's Trade Value is IMHO relatively the same as EJs. Sure, both are borderline All Stars....one is younger...but is also injury prone....which also knocks down his trade value.

aaronb
07-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Wait...are the Pacers giving up a 1st round pick on top of sending out Granger just to get EJ?

or

Are the Hornets sending out a future 1st with EJ to land Granger?

Either way, I have no clue why a 1st would be included either way....Granger's Trade Value is IMHO relatively the same as EJs. Sure, both are borderline All Stars....one is younger...but is also injury prone....which also knocks down his trade value.

Granger has been a little injury prone himself. EJ should have a bit more trade value just because he's 6 years younger.

aaronb
07-02-2012, 09:37 AM
My point exactly. Neither Asik, Kaman or Plumlee would become anything more than Roys back up in Indy. These dudes are not suitable replacements. Just what you said, back-up plans.

Kaman's career numbers are better than Hibbert's. At worst you lose a few years in age difference and gain a much better rebounder in the post.

graphic-er
07-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Granger has been a little injury prone himself. EJ should have a bit more trade value just because he's 6 years younger.

Come again? Granger has been pretty darn healthy over his career. Especially the last 2 years. 2 year prior to that he missed about 20 games each of those seasons. Which isn't terrible. Good grief, get some perspective.

aaronb
07-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Come again? Granger has been pretty darn healthy over his career. Especially the last 2 years. 2 year prior to that he missed about 20 games each of those seasons. Which isn't terrible. Good grief, get some perspective.

He's played all 82 games ONCE in his career. He's missed 4,3,20 and 15 games in each of the last 4 years. He's not a chronic injury guy. But he's not the most durable character either.

And being 29 already. Do we expect him to be less healthy now that he is trending out of his prime?

Speed
07-02-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm not convinced NO wouldn't take Granger (and DC).

Not to say that's what I predict to happen...

If Gordon held tight and said he'd only take a one year tender, I wonder if this would get it done. You see players holding teams hostage all over the place, its no differenct, just cuz its here where he'd want to go. Lots of assumptions and probably fantasy involved in this scenario, but its not outside of being possible. Going forward with PG and Eric Gordon, you'd have to feel pretty good about your starting wings, imo.

Ace E.Anderson
07-02-2012, 09:56 AM
He's played all 82 games ONCE in his career. He's missed 4,3,20 and 15 games in each of the last 4 years. He's not a chronic injury guy. But he's not the most durable character either.

And being 29 already. Do we expect him to be less healthy now that he is trending out of his prime?

So he missed 42 games in 4 seasons? 42 games out of a total of 312. Yeahhh, that's pretty durable.

Players hardly play all 82 games every season, especially as they move into their 30's.

graphic-er
07-02-2012, 10:06 AM
He's played all 82 games ONCE in his career. He's missed 4,3,20 and 15 games in each of the last 4 years.
Weakest point i've ever seen anyone try to make.

The year he missed 15 was a minor knee issue, and he played hurt finishing out the season averaging 25pts a game.
The year he missed 20 games was due to his plantar fascia being torn, which was an injury that the training staff should have stepped in and said no Danny rest it up for the first month of the season. He would have been fine. I bet that was the aha moment for our training staff to change their approach. Still Danny averaged 20 pts that year playing on one foot over half the season. Granger is one of the most durable and tough players in the league, he plays hurt.

Sandman21
07-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

RT @JBierworth: ---> if Hornets trade Eric Gordon it won't be for a ton of salary.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

31s Steve Kyler Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

RT @JBierworth: do you see any chance of a sign n trade between the Pacers and Hornets for Gordon? -- Maybe. It would be George not Granger

graphic-er
07-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

RT @JBierworth: ---> if Hornets trade Eric Gordon it won't be for a ton of salary.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

31s Steve Kyler Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

RT @JBierworth: do you see any chance of a sign n trade between the Pacers and Hornets for Gordon? -- Maybe. It would be George not Granger

This is what i've been saying. EJ needs to speak up and let them know he has no interest in playing for them. We send George + DC+1st.

ESutt7
07-02-2012, 11:29 AM
This is what i've been saying. EJ needs to speak up and let them know he has no interest in playing for them. We send George + DC+1st.

Agreed.

Sandman21
07-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Yay! Let's pay a guy 58 million to wear a suit for 25 to 30 games a year and give up 2 guys who ACTUALLY tend to stay healthy and a draft pick!

BRILLIANT!

:picardriker:

Ramitt
07-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Yay! Let's pay a guy 58 million to wear a suit for 25 to 30 games a year and give up 2 guys who ACTUALLY tend to stay healthy and a draft pick!

BRILLIANT!

Well for NOH it would be.

xakle
07-02-2012, 12:16 PM

He has spoken up. He's stated that he likes New Orleans and is excited about the direction of the franchise. He's also spent time recently watching the rookie workouts before the draft as well as working out at the Hornets' facility as recently as last week.

He's also been at Saints' minicamp practices (Saints' Owner owns the Hornets).

He's just trying to get someone to give him a max deal that he knows the Hornets will match because the Hornets have only offered him 50 million over 4 years. The max the Hornets could give him is 58/4 (7.5% yearly increases) while the max any other team can give him is 55/4 (4.5% increases).

There's certainly always a chance for a S&T, if the deal is too good to pass up, but I don't see George + Collison + 1st getting it done... mainly because they don't want Collison and the first rounder would be next to worthless in what's considered one of the weakest drafts in a long time.

Jukeb0xHero
07-02-2012, 12:44 PM
If we wound up with Gordon but lost Hibbert, has anyone given thought to a Granger/Pau Gasol trade scenario?

Shade
07-03-2012, 08:38 AM

BRILLIANT!

But if he stays healthy, Gordon makes you a title contender.

High risk, high reward.

Sandman21
07-03-2012, 08:45 AM
And WHEN he gets hurt and misses time year after year after year after year....

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1006/nfl.all.injury-prone.team/images/bob-sanders.jpg

billbradley
07-03-2012, 08:46 AM
I've hesitated to put this in here because I'm not even sure Denari is a source, but my best friend's brother in law asked Denari who we were going to pick on draft night.

Denari said Plumlee without blinking and the guy asked why. Denari explained that's who they've been eying, Pacers also hope to move Tyler with DC and package for S&T to get EJ.

I don't know the brother in law, so take it however you want to. Just thought I would share.

Hypnotiq
07-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Good news on the Tyler front then

Steagles
07-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Eric Gordon would be that guy who put us over the top if he's healthy. The move that makes us the title contention Pacers rather than the Atlanta Hawks. I think I'd almost rather watch every night and lose more (if EJ were hurt) knowing we had an actual chance to win the title.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

Willbo
07-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Can someone please offer Gordon the max so the hornets can just match and this obsession can be put to bed.

ESutt7
07-03-2012, 09:10 AM
I don't think anyone would have a problem trading DC, Hansbrough, and a 1st or whatever for EJ. If you get to keep PG, DG, West, and Hibbert while adding a piece like EJ, you do it. PG would be a hell of a back up 2/3, and it could actually help develop his offensive game more because he'd be the top option with that group. Hornets only do it if EJ forces trade. But, DC and Tyler could potentially both be starters for them so that should have some value. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't demand DC and PG.

vnzla81
07-03-2012, 09:19 AM
It's not set in stone.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2012/07/new_orleans_hornets_guard_eric_20.html

New Orleans Hornets guard Eric Gordon is expected to remain with team

graphic-er
07-03-2012, 09:23 AM
I don't think anyone would have a problem trading DC, Hansbrough, and a 1st or whatever for EJ. If you get to keep PG, DG, West, and Hibbert while adding a piece like EJ, you do it. PG would be a hell of a back up 2/3, and it could actually help develop his offensive game more because he'd be the top option with that group. Hornets only do it if EJ forces trade. But, DC and Tyler could potentially both be starters for them so that should have some value. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't demand DC and PG.

Well if you are the Pacers you certainly start of with the Poo Poo platter of DC and TH but realize that you have to quickly move up to DC and PG to get any real traction. I'd honestly have no problem including a first because this damn FO don't know how to draft in the 1st round anyways.

Ace E.Anderson
07-03-2012, 09:29 AM
http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...d_eric_20.html

New Orleans Hornets guard Eric Gordon is expected to remain with team .

"We never totally can rule out the possibility that his Hornets career will end after nine games played, but unless Gordon makes it clear to Hornets General Manager Dell Demps that he has been shading the truth and doesn't want to play in New Orleans, he'll be in New Orleans."

If Gordon REALLY does want to leave, I'd think he could simply let Dell Demps know that he wants out and attempt to work a S&T. Unless that happens, I just don't think the Hornets are going to let him go. I just hope the situation comes to an end sooner than later so that all the speculation can finally end and everyone can move on.

ESutt7
07-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Well if you are the Pacers you certainly start of with the Poo Poo player of DC and TH but realize that you have to quickly move up to DC and PG to get any real traction. I'd honestly have no problem including a first, but this damn FO don't know how to draft in the 1st round anyways.

Of course. I've thought it's always been pretty obvious that it would come down to EJ demanding a trade specifically to us (not sure if he'll be willing to do that), and whether or not we're willing to give up PG to get it done. Now, if he demands a trade to us, maybe the Hornets don't have the leverage to get PG from us. But I've always thought it'd be DC and most likely PG to get EJ. If we somehow sub Tyler for PG in the trade, then that's perfect. Maybe we get Jack as a backup PG in a slightly bigger deal, who knows.

DGPR
07-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Yes, I'm ready to move on one way or another.

graphic-er
07-03-2012, 09:33 AM
It's not set in stone.
I do see him requesting a trade to Indiana or just going for the QO. He is going to be the same demand next year as he is now. All depends on if the Pacers can put together the right package.

Some say that there is no way NOLA lets him go after having to lose CP3. But they have a #1 draft pick now to, that makes the sting alittle softer.

Eleazar
07-03-2012, 11:48 AM
If you can get Gordon for a 1st, DC, and Hansbrough (or switch Jones with any of those players), and can somehow get Nash or another starting PG this team will be on par with any team in the league even if Gordon misses 20 games every year. As long as he plays at a high level when he plays and is healthy for the playoffs it doesn't matter.

Jrod Jones
07-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Anyone else think it is interesting that there has been virtually no word on how this meeting went? I sense a storm a comin'...

PacerPenguins
07-03-2012, 12:00 PM
I've hesitated to put this in here because I'm not even sure Denari is a source, but my best friend's brother in law asked Denari who we were going to pick on draft night.

Denari said Plumlee without blinking and the guy asked why. Denari explained that's who they've been eying, Pacers also hope to move Tyler with DC and package for S&T to get EJ.

I don't know the brother in law, so take it however you want to. Just thought I would share.

Well if ur best friends brother in law is right about DC/Hans package for Gordon then everyone on this board will be :dance:

PacerPenguins
07-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Anyone else think it is interesting that there has been virtually no word on how this meeting went? I sense a storm a comin'...

there is no doubt mutual interest between us and Gordon... the problem is NOH, if he was unrestricted he probably would be a Pacer already. I say if we don't get him this offseason then he signs a QO with the Hornets and comes here next year. Either way Gordon will be a Pacer in the foreseeable future IMO

CreekShow
07-03-2012, 12:09 PM
It's not set in stone.

That doesnt say anything that we dont already know. Just NO trying to spin it into a positive outlook so fans of NO dont go crazy in the meantime

I cant believe some of you guys think that he will never be healthy. I agree he hasnt had good luck yet but you guys seem to be a little dramatic to me right now. Comparing him to Sanders and expecting him to be out every season hes under contract seems silly. Hes got no chronic injuries

Like others have said high risk/high reward. He could be the piece that takes the Ps to the next level.

Well if ur best friends brother in law is right about DC/Hans package for Gordon then everyone on this board will be :dance:

*DC/Hans/and package* Id expect they would need more unless EJ told them he wont resign

RLeWorm
07-03-2012, 12:27 PM
That doesnt say anything that we dont already know. Just NO trying to spin it into a positive outlook so fans of NO dont go crazy in the meantime

I cant believe some of you guys think that he will never be healthy. I agree he hasnt had good luck yet but you guys seem to be a little dramatic to me right now. Comparing him to Sanders and expecting him to be out every season hes under contract seems silly. Hes got no chronic injuries

Like others have said high risk/high reward. He could be the piece that takes the Ps to the next level.

*DC/Hans/and package* Id expect they would need more unless EJ told them he wont resign

If we get EJ i want to send either George or Granger out. There will be to much of a log jam at the wings.

Eleazar
07-03-2012, 12:38 PM
If we get EJ i want to send either George or Granger out. There will be to much of a log jam at the wings.

3 players is not a log jam for 2 positions. They can all average 32minutes per game.

xIndyFan
07-03-2012, 12:50 PM

3 players is not a log jam for 2 positions. They can all average 32minutes per game.

eleazar is correct.

EJ, Danny and Paul would make the perfect rotation at the wings. Plenty of minutes for everyone. but no need to overwork anyone. What a great way to use Paul's versatility at the wing.

Speed
07-03-2012, 12:58 PM
I always think, if you work a deal for EJ, you move Danny for an upgrade at Point. Not sure who that is, but thats always the way I'd thought it would happen, if it did.

vnzla81
07-03-2012, 01:06 PM
@IAMAGM: Suns strongly considering giving Eric Gordon a max-level deal, nearly $60 million http://t.co/Lg5499s1

BSUfan13
07-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Anyone who thinks the Pacers are getting Gordon this year without losing George or Granger is crazy. Not happening. The Hornets gave up Paul for Gordon, they're not giving him up for 2 of our backups. Even if for some reason they did we'd be better off trading one of them for a PG or big

graphic-er
07-03-2012, 01:11 PM
@IAMAGM: Suns strongly considering giving Eric Gordon a max-level deal, nearly $60 million http://t.co/Lg5499s1
Come on KP work some magic! Pritchslap NOLA!

Eleazar
07-03-2012, 01:18 PM
I always think, if you work a deal for EJ, you move Danny for an upgrade at Point. Not sure who that is, but thats always the way I'd thought it would happen, if it did.

Unless you mean someone like Rose or Paul, that would be a lateral move at best.

PacerPenguins
07-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
Two GM's with interest in Eric Gordon say they have no sense yet if New Orleans will match a max offer.

stephen
07-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
Two GM's with interest in Eric Gordon say they have no sense yet if New Orleans will match a max offer.

im gonna guess we're one of the teams

MaHa3000
07-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Here is what I know about Eric Gordan:
He is a Cold Blooded Killer, ( like Kobe) And that is what a team should be built around. He is the type that will get that last shout to win a game. Not just one of many who want to take it , he will go get it and make it. He has the mentality that his team will win the game and he will make that happen if he has to put four guys on his shoulders. He is wired that way, like Reggie, Jordan, and Paul Pierce. We do not have that type of testicular fortitude on this team.

So, if you have a chance to trade for or sign him do it. Sorry, but 14 million for Gordan is way better then 14 million for Hibbert.

And the kid wants to play here. No brainer.

OlBlu
07-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Here is what I know about Eric Gordan:
He is a Cold Blooded Killer, ( like Kobe) And that is what a team should be built around. He is the type that will get that last shout to win a game. Not just one of many who want to take it , he will go get it and make it. He has the mentality that his team will win the game and he will make that happen if he has to put four guys on his shoulders. He is wired that way, like Reggie, Jordan, and Paul Pierce. We do not have that type of testicular fortitude on this team.

So, if you have a chance to trade for or sign him do it. Sorry, but 14 million for Gordan is way better then 14 million for Hibbert.

And the kid wants to play here. No brainer.

And how many of those game winning shots has he ever made? Comparing him to Kobe? Bwahahahahahaha!!! Eric Gordon cannot and never will be good enough to even carry Kobe's jock.....:cool:

Sandman21
07-03-2012, 09:41 PM

Once again, let's pay 14 million dollars a year so that Eric Gordan can sit behind the bench in an expensive suit. BRILLIANT!

IU_sears
07-03-2012, 09:42 PM
And how many of those game winning shots has he ever made? Comparing him to Kobe? Bwahahahahahaha!!! Eric Gordon cannot and never will be good enough to even carry Kobe's jock.....:cool:

check out this link genius... Game winner in his first game with the Hornets last season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Z926V3lq0

OlBlu
07-03-2012, 09:49 PM
check out this link genius... Game winner in his first game with the Hornets last season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Z926V3lq0

Well, that is one. How many do you think Kobe has?? Gordon can take his talents anywhere he likes but I sure as hell hope it isn't here. :cool:

MaHa3000
07-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Well, that is one. How many do you think Kobe has?? Gordon can take his talents anywhere he likes but I sure as hell hope it isn't here. :cool:

kobe= 17 yrs in league
Gordan= 4
We have absolutely no chance of signing kobe.

MaHa3000
07-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Once again, let's pay 14 million dollars a year so that Eric Gordan can sit behind the bench in an expensive suit. BRILLIANT!

Star trek sucks, and if the EJ plays in the playoffs then we're good. Plenty of superstar sit in suits with injuries during the regular season. Which means very little to most.( don't kid yourself) . If I had the time to explain Eric's injuries, you would see that they are not the type that are career lasting. Like Brandon Roy or Yuo Ming. His injuries would and do not effect my opinion or most Gm's around the league who think EJ is a max player.... today. Eric Gordan can play top level and will play top level. My opinion!

I understand that this statement is arguable but, keep in mind, every player is different.

TheDon
07-03-2012, 10:10 PM
The legend of Eric Gordon grows daily on this board, it'll never go away even if he gets signed somewhere else long term people will come up with scenarios for trading for him until he is 60 years old. I don't understand the fascination with him myself and to offer him a max level contract?...cocaine is a helluva drug

IU_sears
07-03-2012, 10:13 PM
What was our problem in the Heat series? A player that can get to the rim and score points... EJ solves this problem, he gets buckets. BOTTOM LINE. He lead the big ten in scoring as a true freshman with a broken wrist. The dude is an amazing talent and has had freak injuries, not chronic injuries to a specific part of his body. Matthew Stafford had the same bogus tag that EJ does and look what he did when healthy, 5k yards. Trust me, EJ is our chance to compete in the EAST if we bring Roy back.

cdash
07-03-2012, 10:14 PM
The legend of Eric Gordon grows daily on this board, it'll never go away even if he gets signed somewhere else long term people will come up with scenarios for trading for him until he is 60 years old. I don't understand the fascination with him myself and to offer him a max level contract?...cocaine is a helluva drug

Cocaine may be a hell of a drug, and I'm very much on the fence with acquiring EJ (I flip flop almost daily on the matter), but EJ is a better player than Hibbert and he is evidently a max level player. Just sayin'.

Sandman21
07-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Star trek sucks, and if the EJ plays in the playoffs then we're good. Plenty of superstar sit in suits with injuries during the regular season. Which means very little to most.( don't kid yourself) . If I had the time to explain Eric's injuries, you would see that they are not the type that are career lasting. Like Brandon Roy or Yuo Ming. His injuries would and do not effect my opinion or most Gm's around the league who think EJ is a max player.... today. Eric Gordan can play top level and will play top level. My opinion!

I understand that this statement is arguable but, keep in mind, every player is different.

Where have I heard THAT before?
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s86/Blue-Bolt/New%20Gameday%20Album/bob-sanders-21-shirt.jpg
Oh yeah....

MaHa3000
07-03-2012, 10:20 PM

I'm not on cocaine, ( Fat tire Amber Ale), but the fact that he wants to play here. We, as long time pacer fans, have not experienced a superstar wanting to sign in this small market ever.
If Rondo wanted to be a Hoosier then his legend would grow, locally, at close to the same rate.;)

Hypnotiq
07-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Eric Gordon and the Phoenix Suns agree to a Maximum Offer sheet worth $58 million over 4 years, sources said.

PacerPenguins
07-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Cya eric, would to have loved to have ur services but ur too injury prone for me.... good luck in phoenix (or NOH if they match)

PacerFan31
07-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Time for this topic to finally die.

Doddage
Looks like the EJ dream is dead people. Time to move on.

vnzla81
Damn you Phoenix damn you :mad:

Willbo
07-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Lock all Gordon threads!! The Dream is Over!

Lets now start dealing in the realm of the (at least remotely) possible.

Sandman21
07-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Thank god. The pipe dream is FINALLY over.

Long live the pipe dream!

PacerPenguins
07-03-2012, 10:29 PM
TIME FOR SOME MAYO

Pace Maker
07-03-2012, 10:30 PM
It was nice to dream for awhile there.

So no big off season signing for us :( (With the exception of Big Roy anyways)

PacerFan31
07-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Chris_Broussard

Eric Gordon told me this: "I strongly feel (the Suns) are the right franchise for me. Phoenix is just where my heart is.''

Pace Maker
Sorry for the double post but Broussard just said that Gordon told him he wants to play in Phoenix not New Orleans. I KNEW he didn't want to play for the Hornets!

pacer4ever
Damn you Phoenix damn you :mad:

More like damn u Simon and his stupid rules. EJ would of signed here if offered.

imawhat
"Phoenix is where my heart is"-Eric Gordon.

Wow. Wait, what?

Doddage
07-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Eric Gordon told me this: "I strongly feel (the Suns) are the right franchise for me. Phoenix is just where my heart is.''
I think this should about seal the deal on the EJ front.

Lance George
07-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Chris Broussard (chris_broussard) on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard)

Gordon told me his desire is to play in Phoenix, not New Orleans.

Call me crazy, but I'm starting to think Eric Gordon doesn't wanna play in New Orleans.

Freddie fan

Here's another way Gordon can win games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eckfvb2uVb0

pacer4ever
TIME FOR SOME MAYO

Mayo doesn't make us contenders and no one on the market now does guess we will be content competing for 3rd in the east every year.

Sandman21
07-03-2012, 10:34 PM
More like damn u Simon and his stupid rules. EJ would of signed here if offered.

How do you know that they didn't offer, since the Pacers DID meet with him?

Let Phoenix/NOLA pay him 14 mill a year to sit behind the bench in a suit, better them than us.

vnzla81
07-03-2012, 10:35 PM
@Chris_Broussard: Gordon told me his desire is to play in Phoenix, not New Orleans.

I bet his heart was to play here but damn FO didn't do s***, damn.

pacer4ever
07-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Chris Broussard (chris_broussard) on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard)

Call me crazy, but I'm starting to think Eric Gordon doesn't wanna play in New Orleans.
Eric didn't like getting under valued to Blake's highlights. I bet he fears the same in NO the dude is like Bynum he wants to be the face of a franchise. If I have 2 watch EJ play with Kendall Marshall next year I may :puke:

Willbo
07-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Good lord - does this mean Hornets can start exploring sign and trades..? Does this mean the speculation has not ended? Will we now have to await news on Gordon's 'short list'. Oh hell. Gordon Digest continues.

imawhat
07-03-2012, 10:37 PM
I think it's very easy to read between the lines here.

Bird left.

Indiana's name disappears from Brandon Roy's list.

Indiana's name disappears from OJ Mayo's list.

Roy wants to play in Portland.

Paul George thinks Roy is gone.

We're not spending money, apparently, outside of signing George Hill.

Wow, I can't believe how quickly my feelings about this franchise have changed. It all started when I heard Walsh was coming back.

Hypnotiq
07-03-2012, 10:38 PM
I cannot take Broussard seriously Gordon will go where the money is

graphic-er
07-03-2012, 10:39 PM
How do you know that they didn't offer, since the Pacers DID meet with him?

Let Phoenix/NOLA pay him 14 mill a year to sit behind the bench in a suit, better them than us.

Most likely they did not offer a max deal. I bet they offered him like 10 million a year, and EJ went LOL!.

This damn franchise, could have offered a max deal and still signed Roy, all we had to do is shave some contracts by the trade deadline.
If mother****ing Miami Heat pay their big three more than what Hibbert, Granger and EJ would cost and are still under the cap. It can be done, but ol Herbie won't open his pockets.

Willbo
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

The New Orleans Hornets will match the 4-year, $58 million offer sheet Eric Gordon agreed to sign with Phoenix, league sources

thank god

Trophy
His heart is really in Indy, but he can't say that because the FO doesn't have their hearts set on him. It sucks!