PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard Saga: Drama Continues

Karlton
06-30-2012, 11:40 PM
ESPN Channel Ticker,~11:30P
No Author

"Magic C Dwight Howard wants to be traded to Nets, ESPN's Chris Brussard reports. Howard made request during Friday meeting with new Magic GM Rob Hennigan, who was non-committal about possible trade, according to sources.

Howard approached players union last week about possible legal complaint against team, according to report. Howard feels team blackmailed him into picking up his option for next year and hoped complaint against Magic could negate his option and make him a free agent. Union has no plans to pursue legal action against Magic."

LOLZ.

Karlton
06-30-2012, 11:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8118159/sources-dwight-howard-tells-orlando-magic-gm-wants-trade-brooklyn-nets

By Chris Broussard | ESPN The Magazine

Dwight Howard met with new Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan on Friday and told him he wants to be traded to the Brooklyn Nets, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Howard and Hennigan sat down face to face in Los Angeles, meeting for the first time since Hennigan became Orlando's GM nearly two weeks ago.

Hennigan was noncommital when Howard told him he wants to be traded to Brooklyn, sources said.

Hennigan did not tell Howard whether he would trade him. His intentions were merely to hear the thoughts of the Magic superstar.

Howard picked up the option for the final year of his contract with Orlando on March 15. But since then, he has grown increasingly disgruntled with the organization, even telling people close to him that he feels the Magic blackmailed him into signing the "opt-in" clause.

Howard shared his feelings of being blackmailed by the Magic with the NBA Players Association last week, sources said. He -- either himself or through his representatives -- approached the union wondering if he might have a legal complaint against the club.

The goal of such a complaint would be to eliminate his "opt-in," thereby allowing Howard to become a free agent this summer.

Sources said the union has no plans to pursue any such legal action against the Magic.

Friday was not the first time Howard asked the Magic to trade him. In December, before the lockout-shortened season began, he asked Orlando to deal him to the Nets.

Howard never rescinded his trade offer, even after picking up his option on the day of the trade deadline.

After undergoing surgery on his back in April, Howard asked then-Magic GM Otis Smith to trade him to the Nets, according to sources. Smith said he would seek a trade, but the Magic fired Smith shortly after the season ended.

ECKrueger
06-30-2012, 11:45 PM
What a tool.

Anthem
06-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Makes it likely that their free agents will want to stay, for now.

Pacerfan
07-01-2012, 12:09 AM
This might be good for us if Dallas thinks they have a good chance to trade for Dwight. They might not bid on Roy.

pizza guy
07-01-2012, 12:17 AM
What does his contract look like? What would a trade to the Nets leave on that team?

I mean, if they re-sign DWill, then they add Dwight's salary, how on earth will they field a team? What's their cap situation now?

As an aside (or maybe this is more on topic than my questions), the NBA absolutely MUST find a way to stop this nonsense. When you work for any other company, you don't get to tell the company what to do, no matter how high you can jump. The formation of the "superteam" may get some bandwagon fans, but it disgusts the old school and traditionalist crowd. And the whining and demanding of employee to employer creates a ever-widening gap between these players and their fans, and does not help the image of the NBA at all.

As an aside to the aside, speaking of the NBA's image, if I'm Stern, I'd close the doors to the public on draft night. If they can't be mature enough to shut the heck up while the Commish is trying to talk, I wouldn't blame him a bit if he took his ball and went home. I'm no bigger fan of the guy than anyone else, but it's embarrassing to me that NBA fans go to this and try to make a mockery of him. Maybe it's just me, but that's rude and irritating. Have some respect.

OK, now I sound like IndyGeezer, so I'm gonna go take my fiber and soak my teeth, lol

Steagles
07-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Well now that Howard is likely going to Brooklyn, Deron will stay and that ****er Cuban is going to offer Roy the max. ****.

Pacerfan
07-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Well now that Howard is likely going to Brooklyn, Deron will stay and that ****er Cuban is going to offer Roy the max. ****.

No he's not. Orlando will probably trade Howard anywhere but the Nets after him trying to get out his contract.

gummy
07-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Wow, this is shenanigans way, way beyond "The Decision." What a baby.

graphic-er
07-01-2012, 12:23 AM
As an aside to the aside, speaking of the NBA's image, if I'm Stern, I'd close the doors to the public on draft night. If they can't be mature enough to shut the heck up while the Commish is trying to talk, I wouldn't blame him a bit if he took his ball and went home. I'm no bigger fan of the guy than anyone else, but it's embarrassing to me that NBA fans go to this and try to make a mockery of him. Maybe it's just me, but that's rude and irritating. Have some respect.

OK, now I sound like IndyGeezer, so I'm gonna go take my fiber and soak my teeth, lol

You're a young guy, people have been booing Stern at the draft since before you were born, its nothing new, and its happens every year. And no it was not worse this year than any other year. Infact in years past the draft used to be heavy attended by fans in NYC. I dont' even think its a packed house anymore.

graphic-er
07-01-2012, 12:26 AM
As for Howard, my gosh why did even sign on for the last year. What an idiot. It will be the same scenario as last season. No team is going to trade for him because he will not sign an extension.

vnzla81
07-01-2012, 12:29 AM
We should ignore this thread as a symbol to ignore that clown, let's not let this guy to screw up with free agency again.

Pace Maker
07-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Make up your mind Dwight! Jeez.

ECKrueger
07-01-2012, 01:37 AM
Shut your mouth Dwight! Jeez.

I agree.

Eleazar
07-01-2012, 01:42 AM
To think Stan lost his job because of this guy. I know he isn't well liked around here, but you have to respect him as a coach.

xBulletproof
07-01-2012, 02:08 AM
This is worse than anything Lebron did.

Seriously.

Cactus Jax
07-01-2012, 02:38 AM
He makes Lebron out to be the Pope. At least Lebron played to the last second with Cleveland without whining before the free-agency and leaving, Dwight's been at this for years, and when he's even given teams (Lakers) that he'd accept a trade to, he changes his mind and is now Brooklyn only.

I can't wait to see the first Dwight's new team at Orlando.

Steagles
07-01-2012, 07:12 AM
I wonder if any idiot bought one of those loyalty shirts and what they think now.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

Shade
07-01-2012, 07:59 AM
This is approaching Decision-level ridiculousness. :shakehead at Dwight.

Speed
07-01-2012, 08:08 AM
What a tool.

Wow, I was scrolling down to type exactly this!

Sollozzo
07-01-2012, 11:22 AM
This guy is such a moron. Had he kept his mouth completely shut (like Lebron) throughout last season then he could have simply opted out of his contract right now and outright signed with the Nets. But by acting like a complete baby last season by opening his mouth and giving hints that he wanted out, he backed himself into a corner where he felt he had to stay with Orlando for another season. Now if he actually does get traded there, he is going to force the Nets to trade good assets for him when he could have just signed there all along had never opened this massive can of worms.

This is exactly what I predicted would happen. He is maybe the biggest prima-donna in the NBA right now. Moral of the story: When you are in the last year of your contract, handle it like Lebron did in 09-10 and refuse to discuss any business in the middle of the season. Don't handle it like Dwight did. Look at the mess he has made for himself and team.