PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix to give a big pile of money for Eric Gordon

Brinocerous
06-30-2012, 07:25 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/30/eric-gordon-free-agent-phoenix-suns-hornets-new-orleans/

For the right money, he could have been interesting. But with his injury history, no way is he worth a max deal.

Steagles
06-30-2012, 07:30 PM
My question is, why would they want him for a huge deal? It will put them into salary cap hell and they suck big time. This won't help them longterm.

RLeWorm
06-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Wherever Eric Gordon lands I'm positive he will return to his old self.

OlBlu
06-30-2012, 07:31 PM

What, being injured most of every season?? :cool:

gummy
06-30-2012, 07:32 PM
My question is, why would they want him for a huge deal? It will put them into salary cap hell and they suck big time. This won't help them longterm.

Desperate move to try and hang on to Steve Nash?

gummy
06-30-2012, 07:35 PM

:ding:

Pacers
06-30-2012, 07:35 PM

/topic

Heisenberg
06-30-2012, 07:40 PM
You can argue about what Gordon's worth, but they're in great shape cap wise. They have like 20 million to spend.

Steagles
06-30-2012, 07:44 PM
You can argue about what Gordon's worth, but they're in great shape cap wise. They have like 20 million to spend.

Again, I still think thats a really dumb move to just go and spend because you can. Glad that's them not the Pacers.

Heisenberg
06-30-2012, 07:46 PM
I don't view trying to get Eric Gordon as "spending just because you can." It's not like he's some bum.

Steagles
06-30-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't view trying to get Eric Gordon as "spending just because you can." It's not like he's some bum.

I don't either, but they are implying a huge (max?) offer and they have so many other holes to fill as well. Eric Gordon is no Lebron. Signing him doesn't duct tape the other holes.

BobbyMac
06-30-2012, 07:53 PM

That is to say injured?

shags
06-30-2012, 10:52 PM

If any team could keep Eric Gordon healthy consistently, it's Phoenix.

Steagles
06-30-2012, 11:00 PM
If any team could keep Eric Gordon healthy consistently, it's Phoenix.

True. I forgot about their magical training staff.

ballism
07-01-2012, 12:44 PM

I suppose they feel they are attractive enough to rebuild mainly through free agency. Which may very well be true. They are attractive, and they already have a very good cheap center, and a few decent young pieces. They also still have their amnesty which they coulkd use on Childress. So they could also afford another ~max free agent/trade target AFTER signing Gordon.

Would that be a contender? Idk. It would depend entirely on Gordon's health and further improvement.
Maybe the wise thing would be to tank for a year, get a good rookie and then spend the cap.
But then again, a year from now Gortat will be up for a massive payraise. So if they are going to take the free agency route, now is fine.

IUfan4life
07-01-2012, 02:51 PM
To be fair, It's Phoenix, and their medical staff works miracles that have revived/elongated nba careers