PDA

View Full Version : Roy's Free Agency

daschysta
06-30-2012, 05:48 PM
With free agency beginning very, very soon I just wanted to get a feel for a few things that the board thinks about his potential prospects and how we will/should handle it.

So what does everyone:

1 Think Roy will be offered

2 Whether the Pacers will match

3 How much Roy actually deserves

4 If you don't believe that Roy is currently worth what we will likely have to pay then what do you think that Roy would have to do to be worth what you think he will be payed.

Personally I think that Roy will get a max offer, whether he signs it will be based on whether the extra year that we can offer over everyone else is more valuable to him than a slightly higher yearly salary.

Whatever he gets offered, however i'm 99 percent sure we will match, and while in reality he is worth about 13 million per year (imo) the max a player of Roy's experience is not so much higher than what I believe he is truly worth that matching, even a max contract is the right move, he's likely our most important player, and with his work ethic (and some work feeding the post during Vogel's first training camp, or by acquiring a new point guard) I think that he can justify even a max contract as soon as next year, he isn't SO far away from it now, given his position, which makes him an advantage over almost every other center in the league, and a unique threat that the Pacers have over other teams.

Provided we work on the areas listed above I could easily see him averaging about 15-16 ppg and 9-10 rebounds with his usual 2-2.5 bpg on 50% or so from the field, With his size and skill a max contract wouldn't be so bad if he could get anywhere near those numbers.

If Howard goes West in a trade, then I think Roy will separate himself from Noah and Chandler, establishing himself as the best Center in the East next season, and be closer to Bynum in competition for 2nd best C overall (at least until Davis proves himself, or Cousins stops being a bonehead) Along with Marc Gasol and Bogut if healthy.

Steagles
06-30-2012, 05:52 PM
1 Think Roy will be offered Max
2 Whether the Pacers will match yes
3 How much Roy actually deserves 12-13 mil
4 If you don't believe that Roy is currently worth what we will likely have to pay then what do you think that Roy would have to do to be worth what you think he will be payed. Get bigger, rebound, score and play D consistently.

PacersHomer
06-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Since I'm the 2nd post, I'd like to be the first to say that any worrying is pointless since he will be re-signed regardless, and people who don't want to pay him need to explain how they would find a better center for cheaper.

kent beckley
06-30-2012, 06:19 PM
5/60 5/60 5/60 5/60 5/60

I will be chanting this over the next two weeks.