PDA

View Full Version : Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

vnzla81
06-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Man I would love to have Scola and Lowry.

@IAMAGM: Rockets put Luis Scola on the trade block (with Kyle Lowry & Kevin Martin) http://t.co/TZgbXgit

Jeremy
06-30-2012, 02:23 PM
I would trade for all three. http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6110209

RLeWorm
06-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Lowry>dragic all day everyday

Pacerfan
06-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Tyler, DC, future 1st for Scola, Lowry?

Yes, I know its a dream but worth a try. They're under cap aren't they? Could we just give them more cap space for those guys? Aren't they after going Dwight anyways?

Jeremy
06-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Tyler, DC, future 1st for Scola, Lowry?Neither West nor Scola will want to come off the bench.

Ozwalt72
06-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Scola would be a ridiculously awesome way of kicking Hansbrough's 40.5% from the floor out the door. Too bad he can't play next to West. I'd be all for Lowry but we'd probably have to give up too much to get him.

Sandman21
06-30-2012, 02:31 PM
This is so they can clear up room to take a shot at Roy (or Deron Williams)....

Steagles
06-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Give me Scola, but i don't want Lowry.

vnzla81
06-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Tyler, DC, future 1st for Scola, Lowry?

Yes, I know its a dream but worth a try.

I would do Tyler+Plummet+DC+Born ready+ pick for Scola+Lowry

Lowry,PG,DG,West,Roy

Hill,DJ,OJ,Scola,Pender?

Pacerfan
06-30-2012, 02:33 PM

It's almost a given that someone's going to offer Roy the max, so we might as well go and get those guys for nothing and then resign Roy. By the way, does anyone know what Lowry and Scola's salaries and years left are?

tadscout
06-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Neither West nor Scola will want to come off the bench.

West is such a team player I highly doubt he would mind coming of the bench (he could still get 30 min, he and scola can play center against most back ups).

Remember people were saying the same about Collison and he wants to be back.

vnzla81
06-30-2012, 02:38 PM
It's almost a given that someone's going to offer Roy the max, so we might as well go and get those guys for nothing and then resign Roy. By the way, does anyone know what Lowry and Scola's salaries and years left are?

Lowry's salary is 5.7 and 6 and Scola is 9, 10 and 11.

Pacerfan
06-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Lowry's salary is 5.7 and 6 and Scola is 9, 10 and 11.

Ok thanks. Lowry's contract is great and Scola's might be a little high for our salary space but it would only be for one year because DWest's contract ends next year and Scola can take his spot.

Sandman21
06-30-2012, 02:46 PM

I aint saying not to go after these guys, I'm saying wait until we got Roy locked in. The fewer teams that can potentially offer Roy the max, better off we'll be! Why help another team drive up the price on one of our RFAs?

3rdStrike
06-30-2012, 02:46 PM
No, no and no. Scola is 32, undersized, plays poor defense and averaged 6.5 rebounds per game. lol.

Martin is 1 dimensional and probably would not accept a bench role.

Lowry is the most intriguing of the 3, but they'll probably ask for too much and I am concerned by the fact that he had serious beef with his coach or management. I'd much rather hang on to DC than trade assets for Lowry.

Pacerfan
06-30-2012, 02:48 PM
No, no and no. Scola is 32, undersized, plays poor defense and averaged 6.5 rebounds per game. lol.

Martin is 1 dimensional and probably would not accept a bench role.

Lowry is the most intriguing of the 3, but they'll probably ask for too much and I am concerned by the fact that he had serious beef with his coach or management. I'd much rather hang on to DC than trade assets for Lowry.

Didn't realize Scola was that old. Not sure about his contract anymore.

PGisthefuture
06-30-2012, 02:56 PM
I think the only guy we would even consider would be Lowry and the lowest offer the Rockets will consider is something like DC, Hansbrough, and picks. I think they would go after Paul George and even maybe Roy Hibbert first.

graphic-er
06-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Kevin Mchale has to pissed. They are trading away all his players and getting really young.

Lance George
06-30-2012, 04:09 PM
I'd have some interest in Kyle Lowry, but I wouldn't overpay for him. He's not proven to be good enough, long enough, for that.

D.C., 1st, and $3.43M chopped off their current cap would be my top offer.

Justin Tyme
06-30-2012, 04:21 PM
I said on draft night the Rockets would be trading a PF when they drafted White and Terrence Jones. That gave them 4 PF's in
Scola
Patterson
Terrence Jones
White

Houston is in full rebuild with trying now to trade Scola, Marten, and Lowry.

Lowry is a better PG than Hill and will be cheaper, so the Pacers should trade for Lowry and let Hill walk with his wannabe 8 mil contract.

Pacer Fan
06-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Scola is old, slow, can't jump with a bad contract...pass!
Martin, if Rockets give Pacers Patterson and take Pendergraph.
Lowry just isn't that good for what they will want for him...stay clear!

McKeyFan
06-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Lowry seems too much like a score first point guard for my taste. Can anyone show me video that he has decent court vision?

CableKC
06-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Yep....this is exactly what they are doing.....they are clearing the decks to make a MAX contract offer at Roy. DWill and Dwight aren't going there.

Since KMart's already an Expiring Contract.....I'm guessing that some Team will offer them a 1st round draft pick and a TPE for Martin. They just want to clear him from the cap.

ColeTheMole
06-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Lowry seems too much like a score first point guard for my taste. Can anyone show me video that he has decent court vision?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nIc8vM-oJF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3VhojRpM2bs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nt_qWRcN4t0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BornReady
06-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Scola is old, slow, can't jump with a bad contract...pass!
Martin, if Rockets give Pacers Patterson and take Pendergraph.
Lowry just isn't that good for what they will want for him...stay clear!

hahah that'd be sweet. unfortunately trades are two way things.

Pace Maker
06-30-2012, 05:41 PM
I like Lowry a lot. I hope we make a move for him.

Pacer Fan
06-30-2012, 05:43 PM

You might want to review Martin's last trade to see what he isn't worth. Sac took a hit to get rid of him. The dude plays zero defense and has no offense except a jump shot that has proven to be streaky at best.

xIndyFan
06-30-2012, 05:57 PM

I suspect that, in this case, the price for guys might be cheaper than you think. Martin is a guy the Rockets are trying to get rid of. He should be real cheap and easy to get soon. I suspect Scola is the same. He's like their 5th Big. Pretty pricey for a backups backup.

I would be OK with Scola. A little more salary cap space than I really like, but it gives the Pacers a nice 3 Big rotation.

kent beckley
06-30-2012, 06:01 PM
People either way over value our own players, or way over value other teams players.

Scola is 32 years old on a three year deal. Imagine what some of these same people would have said if we had signed West to a 4year 40 million dollar contract. Same age, same production. That is just too much of a risk. Pass

Martin is an expiring. If we could bring him in for say Collison, and then use him at the deadline to a luxery tax team dumping a good longer salary, sure, but we would lose all flexibility in doing so. Maybe

Lowry would have to be the starter. We would be giving up Collison without a doubt, along with a future pick, plus maybe even another piece. This is the perfect example of buying high. Pass

Kstat
06-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Scola and Martin would be great off of Indiana's bench.

PacersHomer
06-30-2012, 06:03 PM
This is just the Rockets way of telling the Magic what they want to give up for Howard.

idioteque
06-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Kevin Martin would be nice, but I think we drafted Orlando Johnson to play a similar role off the bench.

PacersHomer
06-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Kevin Martin would be nice, but I think we drafted Orlando Johnson to play a similar role off the bench.

I have expectations for Orlando, but not for next year. He's still a 2nd round pick in his rookie year, so I can't expect him to be a major part of the team. If it works out, that's wonderful.