PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going To Be Knocking On Hibbert's Door Tonight

Larry Staverman
06-30-2012, 01:04 PM
I have been trying to figure out what team is going to show up on Roy's doorstep tonight with flowers, candy and a max offer sheet and try to force the Pacers to move on without him.

After looking at the options I thought the most likely competition would be Cleveland, Portland, Houston and Dallas.

Portland - has the cap space but just drafted Myers Leonard but with Paul Allen's deep pockets might still be interested in making an offer.

Cleveland - has the cap space but just drafted Tyler Zeller although adding Hibbert with Verejao and the young back court could move them into the playoffs in the East

Dallas - were rumored to be going after Hibbert but Williams is #1 target and would need to clear salary to sign both. Also last year Cuban refused to pay an all star, dream teamer in his prime who was a key piece leading them to a title $14 million a year because of the salary cap implications. Would he be willing to pay Hibbert a max slightly above that now and put himself in a bad position cap wise. It seems unlikely.

Houston - Who the hell knows what Houston is doing! Rumored to be collecting pieces to make a run at Howard which seems unlikely to be successful and won't happen until later this summer if it does. Also with the recent draft picks I figure they have between $10-12 million in cap space right now so they would have to renounce a piece to pull off a max offer sheet. Wouldn't be surprised if they got into the bidding. May be the most likely challenger for his services.

Might it be possible that there just isn't another team willing to pay Roy the amount the Pacers would be like to pay him which I think should be about $12 million a year.

Anyone else see other option for Roy?

PacerPenguins
06-30-2012, 01:06 PM
roy will get the max.... we will match....

Brad8888
06-30-2012, 01:20 PM
San Antonio would be my first guess.

Doddage
06-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Cuban

LoneGranger33
06-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Knock-knock-knockin' on Hibbert's door.

SycamoreKen
06-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Spurs don't have cap space.

graphic-er
06-30-2012, 02:36 PM
apparently Hibbert will be in Atlanta today for a wedding and on his way to D.C. According to his Twiiter.

Pacerfan
06-30-2012, 02:38 PM
apparently Hibbert will be in Atlanta today for a wedding and on his way to D.C.

Good for us, it will buy us some time.

vnzla81
06-30-2012, 02:39 PM
They should send JOB as a joke.

OlBlu
06-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Spurs don't have cap space.

That can always be worked around........:cool:

SycamoreKen
06-30-2012, 03:06 PM
That can always be worked around........:cool:

Not if they want to bring Duncan back. They do only have one player, Parker, currently locked in past next season though.

Steagles
06-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Dallas immediately to take us out of the DWill stakes (even though we aren't really in) and Houston because they are ****ing nuts.

tadscout
06-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen
Following up on yesterday's report on Rockets' FA plans, DMorey planning to meet with Bulls RFA Omer Asik as soon as tonight, source said.

Well we know it won't be Morey/ Houston.

kent beckley
06-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Could we really get so lucky that no one steps up and we get Roy for 5/60. I might cry tears of joy if this happened.