PDA

View Full Version : Mavs trade Odom to Clippers, Mo Williams goes to Utah

shags
06-29-2012, 11:29 PM
4 team trade.
http://www.nba.com/clippers/features/odom-returns-to-clippers-patten-120629.html

Clippers get Lamar Odom
Utah gets Mo Williams, rights to Shan Foster (2008 2nd rounder)
Houston gets rights to Furkan Aldemir (2012 2nd rounder)
Mavs get rights to Tadija Dragicevic (2008 2nd rounder), cash, and a big 8.9 million trade exception

Not sure I understand this one for the Clips. They could have let the Mavs release him, and then signed him for cheap. They were really his only suitor since he only wants to play in L.A.

If the Mavs amnesty Haywood, they'll have enough cap room to sign Deron Williams

Steagles
06-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Didn't Mo Williams have a fallout with the Clips?

Peck
06-30-2012, 04:42 AM
I hate the fact that Lamar was able to mope his way to only an L.A. team. So basically this just say's if your a moderate to decent player you can refuse to fulfill your contractual obligations and you will be rewarded by being traded to the one place you want to be traded to.

If there was any justice in the league Stern would void this trade for basketball reasons. Yes I know Dallas got his money off of the books without having to buy him out, that should not have even been required of them anyway but that is another story, but I just hate when players are able to do this.

wintermute
06-30-2012, 05:43 AM
Not sure I understand this one for the Clips. They could have let the Mavs release him, and then signed him for cheap. They were really his only suitor since he only wants to play in L.A.

Yeah, it looks like they could have completed the Mo Williams to Utah part without Dallas, and just sign Odom for free when he gets bought out. Unless somehow the rights to Shan Foster turn out to be a critical part of the deal.

I'm not sure what Houston is doing. Did they just spend cash to buy yet another PF? I'm sure they're planning to trade some of them anyway, but that's still a **** ton of PFs. By my count, they have Scola, Patterson, Morris, newly acquired players Brockman and Leuer, and draftees Royce White and Terrence Jones. Plus they still have the rights to Motiejunas.

Btw, this says something about GM reputations doesn't it? If it was Kahn, there would be endless jokes about him collecting PFs by now. But somehow we assume that Morey knows what he's doing, and that he will eventually clear up the logjam.

pacer4ever
06-30-2012, 05:52 AM
best part of this is the fact Mark Cuban gets rid of a team cancer w/o hurting the cap that in itself makes it a great move. But we will go on not only does he get an 8.9m TPE (what a steal for a player who you were gonna buy out)

BUT THEN HE GETS CASH ON TOP OF THAT!!

I bet Cuban is laughing his *** off he pulled this deal off.

3 8 thee great t h
06-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Another reason Cuban is a successful businessman! Lol he gets what he wants and screws everyone else over in the process..... :dance: This is mark Cuban right now as we speak lol