PDA

View Full Version : Be the GM awards!

Wage
06-29-2012, 11:20 PM
So clearly the board has completely blown up over the last 24 hours. The Plumlee draft choice has pretty much set in motion the end of the world. Good call Mayans! I thought it might be fun to have posters stop calling out the front office for a second on their apparent complete inability to judge talent, and show off their own far superior skills.

My proposal is that everyone posts their pick for the draft in this thread. We can then check back in and see where our guy is at in relation to Plumlee. Is your guy way better than Plumlee? Brag that you are the greatest armchair GM of all time! Not quite as good? Pretend the pick never happened, or line up excuses about how misused and misunderstood your guy actually is. Since this has been called by some here on PD as "the worst draft pick in history" I expect somewhere around a 90% to 95% success range from our expert posters.

Here are the rules:

1. You get one pick, and this player must have been selected 26th or later in last night's draft. If you are happy with the Plumlee pick, feel free to put him as your guy.
2. You can not trade the pick. Man up and hand Mr. Stern your card.
3. If you select Orlando Johnson you must immediately select a second player that was chosen with the 36th or later pick in the draft. This is the player you will be facing against Plumlee in the challenge.

I'm actually ok with the Plumlee pick, and am honestly not a great talent prognosticator. For exapmle, I thought Beasley would be better than Rose. Ooops. But since this whole thing is my idea, I really should start it off I guess.

With the 26th pick in the NBA draft, Wage selects...Arnett Moultrie, Forward, Mississippi State.

Steagles
06-29-2012, 11:48 PM
With the 26th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft, Steagles selects, Festus Ezeli, Center, Vanderbilt.

BornReady
06-29-2012, 11:49 PM
I don't think I'm quite as angry as other posters (I was more like wtf? when they drafted) but I was a little disappointed. The guy I wanted was Doron Lamb, although I thought the Pacers should have taken Jeff Taylor (hehe, is it fair to double dip?) :P But because I wanted Lamb, I'll go with him.

Stuckey7370
06-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Perry Jones III is my pick.

RLeWorm
06-30-2012, 12:32 AM
Perry Jones! Perry Jones! Perry Jones! Perry Jones!

IndyPacer
06-30-2012, 12:43 AM
With the 26th pick in the NBA draft, Wage selects...Arnett Moultrie.

My favorite for #26 was Jeff Taylor prior to the draft, but I did not expect Moultrie to be available. Although I like Taylor a bit better, I think Moultrie much better addresses team needs. It's possible he had some sort of medical concern that led to him dropping that I'm not fully aware of I suppose.

PacersHomer
06-30-2012, 12:46 AM
Perry Jones a thousand times.

HC
06-30-2012, 12:51 AM
Quincy Miller

bambam
06-30-2012, 01:09 AM
Marquis Teague

Nuntius
06-30-2012, 01:20 AM
With the #26 pick, Nuntius selects.. Tornike Shengelia :D

CableKC
06-30-2012, 01:26 AM
Quincy Miller.

pacer4ever
06-30-2012, 01:28 AM
With the #26 pick, Nuntius selects.. Tornike Shengelia :D

He is a NBA player if he wants to be but #26 is far too high with that said id take him over Plumlee

this is a hard thread because I have about 6 guys I have rated equal as BPA at #26. I guess I will go Teague even though Moultrie or PJ3 is a much better fit and almost the same level his motor and selfishness scare the hell out of me though but he would be worth the risk at #26( Teague has elite athleticism has some stuff you cant teach and some of his holes in his game are fixable) than look to shop DC instead of over pay him next summer.

I think PJ3, Teague, Barton, OJ and Quincy Miller, (I think he will be a Rashard Lewis like NBA player will take awhile to develop but really worth the wait) has the potential to be the best player and on that alone should of been the pick I like swing for the fences at #26.

I would pick from one of the guys above probably Miller, Baron, Teague it would come down too

but there are about 30 guys I would of took over Plumlee.

Richard_Skull
06-30-2012, 02:50 AM
Festus.

imbtyler
06-30-2012, 03:14 AM
Brag that you are the greatest armchair GM of all time!

I don't have to be the greatest armchair GM of all time to know that selecting Perry Jones III over Miles ****ing Plumlee is a no-brainer pick. But if selecting a top-10 talent at #26 gives me that title, I'll take it.

Nuntius
06-30-2012, 10:11 AM
He is a NBA player if he wants to be but #26 is far too high

#26 is far too high indeed but #54 is far too low.

The reason I picked him is that I cannot pick a college player since I've not watched any of them play. I've only watched some of those Euros. I'd probably pick Papanikolaou but that would be a homer pick :D

Really?
06-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Thing is though, it all depends on which team the guy goes to, I think PJIII should be pretty successful, more on OKC than he would have been here, for various reasons. Teague should be cool, but he will be backing up Rose so that could eventually stunt his growth.

I think the Player that could have came here and really succeeded is Q.MIller, so I guess that is my choice.

Tom White
06-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Ivan Renko

J7F
06-30-2012, 02:10 PM
My pick would have been PJ3 but I am happy to welcome Plumlee as a Pacer... I hope he far exceeds everyone's expectations! I am really excited to see what he and Orlando bring to the team next year!

pacer4ever
06-30-2012, 02:37 PM
#26 is far too high indeed but #54 is far too low.

The reason I picked him is that I cannot pick a college player since I've not watched any of them play. I've only watched some of those Euros. I'd probably pick Papanikolaou but that would be a homer pick :D
#54 is about right if you dont have a promise he will come over. Some of the Euros have 0 interest of ever coming over but ya IMO was easily the 2nd best Euro not a fan of Tomas Satoransky at all talk about a wasted pick at #32 again proablly about 20 guys I would of taken over him. I hope im wrong but I don't like Satoransky at all for the NBA.

Ya I dont get the love for Papanikolaou in the few games I watched him play I wasn't impressed at all.

Thing is though, it all depends on which team the guy goes to, I think PJIII should be pretty successful, more on OKC than he would have been here, for various reasons. Teague should be cool, but he will be backing up Rose so that could eventually stunt his growth.

I think the Player that could have came here and really succeeded is Q.MIller, so I guess that is my choice.

So true the logic is very flawed in terms of really knowing the difference I am temped to pick Jeff Taylor just because he should play a ton with the Kittes.

also I dont think PJ3 gets much burn in OKC Scottty Brooks isnt a fan of rookies.

FlavaDave
06-30-2012, 02:55 PM
1) I'm not upset about the Miles pick.

2) If I were the GM of the Pacers, I would have an infinitely larger amount of information about each player than I do now. More specifically, I would have a lot more information about PJ3's health.

That said, with the information I have at this moment, I would rather have rolled the dice with a talent like Perry Jones III.

Really?
06-30-2012, 04:09 PM
#54 is about right if you dont have a promise he will come over. Some of the Euros have 0 interest of ever coming over but ya IMO was easily the 2nd best Euro not a fan of Tomas Satoransky at all talk about a wasted pick at #32 again proablly about 20 guys I would of taken over him. I hope im wrong but I don't like Satoransky at all for the NBA.

Ya I dont get the love for Papanikolaou in the few games I watched him play I wasn't impressed at all.

So true the logic is very flawed in terms of really knowing the difference I am temped to pick Jeff Taylor just because he should play a ton with the Kittes.

also I dont think PJ3 gets much burn in OKC Scottty Brooks isnt a fan of rookies.

Yeah, I expect him to learn a lot this year, play decent backup minutes next year, and contribute heavily after. If he ends up turning out to be much which I think he will they will be in good shape to have the opportunity to trade Serge away and keep Harden instead, not saying they would do that but it would help, and I feel he has the star potential to eventually turn into a productive 4 in their system.