PDA

View Full Version : Nicholas Batum Please

A.B.Hollywood
06-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Per Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1520/nicolas-batum

The agent for restricted free agent Nicolas Batum told Blazers GM Neil Olshey not to contact his client during negotiations.
CSNNW's Chris Haynes has done an excellent job tracking this story, which needless to say hasn't gotten nearly enough attention. Batum's agent, Bouna Ndiaye, has been at odds with Blazers management ever since they reportedly low-balled the rising star on an extension last season. We've cautioned folks not to set it in stone that Batum will stay, and with each passing report his once favorable odds head toward a coin flip.

If you have had a chance to watch him play you will quickly see why he will be one of the most coveted RFA's on the market this season. I would take him and deal away Granger without blinking.

Portland should match any offer but with this fallout that might not be as likely. He would be #1 on my board right now.

Steagles
06-29-2012, 04:15 PM
I like Batum. If we can get him for relatively cheap to fair price, :signit:

Lance George
06-29-2012, 04:18 PM
He's restricted, so, unless things are really, really, really ugly between him and Portland, there's no way we're getting him for a reasonable price. Even then, I think Portland would match the offer just to use him as trade bait. He's too good of an asset to let walk.

Steagles
06-29-2012, 04:21 PM
He's restricted, so, unless things are really, really, really ugly between him and Portland, there's no way we're getting him for a reasonable price. Even then, I think Portland would match the offer just to use him as trade bait. He's too good of an asset to let walk.

True. Never thought of that.

CableKC
06-29-2012, 04:34 PM
If you have had a chance to watch him play you will quickly see why he will be one of the most coveted RFA's on the market this season. I would take him and deal away Granger without blinking.
Yes, I would too.

oz_pacer
06-29-2012, 05:56 PM
He's a very overrated player IMO, as for trading him for granger no thanks

Derek2k3
06-29-2012, 06:03 PM
I think, worst case, you have a "Denver/Nene" situation in which he gets signed, then maybe traded to Golden State or someone.

Just my guess. He's freaking good though, range/power/quickness/attitude. Very nice addition to any team, especially this one. It'd be the first true backup 3 for the Pacers since...I don't know who. Maybe when Granger was a backup?

Pingu
06-29-2012, 06:20 PM
I like him, he's a nice player, but (1) I don't think he's what the Pacers need (unless with part ways with Danny) and (2) I don't think the Blazers will let him walk.

If he stays in Portland I'm curious to see how he fares under another coach than McMillan (whom I've never been a big fan of).

Pingu
06-29-2012, 06:30 PM
He's a very overrated player IMO, as for trading him for granger no thanks

Really? Danny is coming off a pretty horrible season, is 5 years older, and is owed $27,000,000 over the next two seasons. Batum is a better shooter, defender, shot blocker, and rebounder. Danny is better at creating his own shot (which doesn't mean he's good at it). If I'm the Pacers and the Blazers call me to ask about a S&T of Batum for Granger, I think I'd say 'yes please'.