PDA

View Full Version : Sheridanhoops.com 5 Biggest Surprises of the Draft (Guess who's in there....)

rousea24
06-29-2012, 09:58 AM
http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/06/29/nba-draft-five-surprises-from-the-first-round/

4. Miles Plumlee To Indiana Playing four years and winning an NCAA Championship with Mike Krzyzewski at Duke University can add a little extra glow to anyone. But lighting the way from the mid-to-late second round all the way to the Pacers pick at 26?

A little much, if you ask me. A lot much, in fact.

Plumlee is a legitimate seven footer, so there’s that. Plus, he’s got touch around the rim and delivers enough athletically to make him an attractive prospect. Yet despite a college career’s worth of opportunities, the eldest Plumlee brother (his younger brothers Mason and Marshall are Blue Devils as well), Miles never assumed a starring role in Durham and only reached double figures in eight games as a senior.

The intensity is there, but only when he’s playing well; too often, he hangs back as things unfurl around him. Now, that same thing can be and has been said about others in this draft such as Andre Drummond (who went to Detroit with the ninth pick) and Jones III, but those two have topflight talent to counteract those question marks.

Miles Plumlee simply does not.

A dozen players Indiana should have drafted over Plumlee: Marquis Teague, Arnett Moultrie, Will Barton, Kim English, Jae Crowder, Draymond Green, Doron Lamb, Jeff Taylor, Festus Ezeli, Darius Miller, Kostas Papanikolaou, Quincy Miller.

Hypnotiq
06-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Check out the draft grades we are getting a lot of F's

Steagles
06-29-2012, 10:31 AM
I honestly didn't know that Michael Jordan was drafting for us tonight.

Mourning
06-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Check out the draft grades we are getting a lot of F's

I'm not surprised. Either way we are "stuck" with him whether we like it or not, so here's to hoping he proves people like me wrong big time and becomes succesfull. He'll have to do it soon though. Anyway the vibe I'm almost getting is that he had a very good showing the past weeks after the College season and combined with playing at an absolute weakspot (backup C), being athletic (that's really undeniable), being a senior player from a very succesfull college program (Duke) and like the looks of it being a guy who comes across as simpathetic and is born and raised in Indiana is what our FO looked at.

That is all nice and well, but I thought the games in those 4 years and what he brought in them and what expectations there were of him during those 4 years might have been weighed in aswell, because it seems like that wasn't the case at all.

Either way, we will see. I REALLY hope I have to eat crow and rather quickly too, because (again) one of the arguments for selecting him was that he's ready to play immediately, so I really don't want to hear that he has to take 3 - 4 years before he starts becoming effective. Otherwise, we might aswell have picked someone who was a project with a much higher ceiling aswell.

Make me and all the doubters eat some serious crow, Miles! :thumbsup:.

Slick Pinkham
06-29-2012, 10:53 AM
It was a bad move for Larry Bird to go to that strip club with Mark Jackson all those years ago. Who knew that Miles McBobMurphleavylee's agent would be there taking photos?

J7F
06-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Who cares... Time will prove who was a good or bad pick... I lean towards trusting the executive of the year and his staff... Roy likes him for his back up... Give the kid a chance... A lot of people thought Reggie was a bad pick... And no... I am not insinuating that Miles will be a future HOFer... Just that I trust the people that run the workouts more than I trust the talking heads...

Tom White
06-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Who cares... Time will prove who was a good or bad pick... I lean towards trusting the executive of the year and his staff... Roy likes him for his back up... Give the kid a chance... A lot of people thought Reggie was a bad pick... And no... I am not insinuating that Miles will be a future HOFer... Just that I trust the people that run the workouts more than I trust the talking heads...

To be fair, almost everyone who didn't like the Miller pick disliked it because they wanted Alford, not because of Miller's play in college. This is quite different in that regard.

Sandman21
06-29-2012, 08:26 PM
I dispute that we should have drafted Draymond Green over Plumlee.