PDA

View Full Version : Miles Plumlee vs Draymond Green-- Who would you have chosen?

Ace E.Anderson
06-29-2012, 09:01 AM
For the past week, rumor had it that we were going to select Draymond Green with the 26th pick in the draft. A lot of posters (myself included) were angry at the fact that Bird would pick such a small, un-athletic player for our frontcourt. Basically, If we were going to go big, we needed someone that was athletic, could run the floor, and could play defense and rebound.

Green was there for the taking at pick #26, and the Pacers (surprisingly) selected Miles Plumlee instead.

In retrospect, we picked up a player that fills a need on this team, but would you have rather taken Draymond instead??

Both of these guys were four year players, yet are polar opposites on the basketball court.

Green is skilled, has a high bball I.Q, but lacks the size and athleticism of your typical NBA Forward.

Plumlee on the other hand has all the size and athleticism in the world, yet he lacks in the skill and basketball I.Q department, and does not have any type of offensive repertoire to speak of.

If you HAD to choose one for the Pacers, who would you have chosen?

Steagles
06-29-2012, 11:03 AM
No poll? Draymond Green.

ECKrueger
06-29-2012, 11:06 AM
I'll take Plums.

At least he's a legit big man. May not have the skills Green does, but he's a big body. I don't see green doing well in the league either.

PacerPenguins
06-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Each passing moment I like the Plumlee pick more and more. I think he will surprise a lot of u here in the Orlando summer Leage and he could be a really solid backup center for us for a long time.

sav
06-29-2012, 11:12 AM
I'd take Plumlee in a heartbeat.

With Hibbert and Plumlee, the center position should be solid for many years.

rm1369
06-29-2012, 11:22 AM
I'll take Plums.

I agree. He at least has an NBA body and athleticism (according to combine numbers). Maybe Pacers can teach him how to play Basketball. Green seems to be a good kid with skills, but I don't believe he will be able to overcome his physical shortcomings to be anything more than a very deep bench guy.

PacersHomer
06-29-2012, 11:27 AM
It's like choosing between being beaten with a crowbar or a pipe.

Hoop
06-29-2012, 11:32 AM
I would have took Green over Plumlee. I might change my mind after seeing them play in the NBA though. ;)

Smits Happens
06-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Where's the option for "There are at least eight other guys I would have taken before either one."?

Ace E.Anderson
06-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Where's the option for "There are at least eight other guys I would have taken before either one."?

LMFAO!!!

Shade
06-29-2012, 11:43 AM
C. None of the above

IndyPacer
06-29-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm not crazy about these two options, but I'd pick Plumlee between these choices. Although Green is far more skilled, I am fairly confident that Draymond Green is also going to be limited to a role player at best regardless of what he does. Green's weaknesses are in areas that cannot be improved much (speed, athleticism, size). Plumlee seems like quite a reach for 26, but he at least can learn how to improve his shot and defense, and even if he doesn't improve as much as I'd like, he can still be a role player like Green and grab a few rebounds. Plumlee also fits our positional needs a bit better, as he should be able to back up the PF and C positions. I'm not completely sure Green even has a definite position.

I really hope the Pacers put in the effort to develop Plumlee's skills right away. Trying to guard Hibbert in practice should help as well. If he is dedicated and spends the offseasons trying to improve, he can at least be a contributor. To be brutally honest, both guys look like they will be the 10th to 12th or worse player on an NBA team. Plumlee at least has a chance to move up a spot or so if he works at it.

Nuntius
06-29-2012, 11:53 AM
I would pick Green because our second unit needs his passing skills. But I'm ok with Plumlee as our second unit needs a big body to anchor the middle lane.

Hicks
06-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Since I didn't really expect either of them to amount to anything in the NBA, I'll pick Plumlee just because he has the NBA body.

Ownagedood
06-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Green all day long.. I've seen him play at Michigan St a few times and know how talented and smart he is.

Plumlee is just your average hustle player.

Kstat
06-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Hard not to appreciate Draymond Green...but he's a different kind of player. He doesn't really even have a position in the NBA, which means it would be really hard to start him.

Pulmlee is not going to have the kind of impact draymond green should have as a 6th or 7th man...but if you're looking for a guy that can plug and play in the starting lineup in case of injury, Plumlee has more value there.

Sandman21
06-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Plumlee. I just don't see how Green's game would translate to the pros.

spazzxb
06-29-2012, 12:35 PM
who ็ares, i am on to free agency and summer league

croz24
06-29-2012, 12:42 PM
LOL these poll results are a joke right? Do you guys even watch basketball??? Curious as to when people stopped caring about legitimate basketball skill and iq and started solely focusing on athleticism.

Kstat
06-29-2012, 12:45 PM
LOL these poll results are a joke right? Do you guys even watch basketball??? Curious as to when people stopped caring about legitimate basketball skill and iq and started solely focusing on athleticism.

Plumlee is a Pacer. Green is not. This is hardly a fair poll question a day after the draft.

Ask any fan base less than 24 hours later about their draft pick vs. a guy they didn't draft. I'm not even saying there's anything wrong with that.

You could probably get similar results in a pistons forum if you asked them to decide now between anthony davis and andre drummond.

the nice part of being a fan on draft night is everybody is a winner until proven otherwise.

Jeremy
06-29-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm happy with Plumlee. At least Bird did the right thing and didn't take a big risk.

McKeyFan
06-29-2012, 01:44 PM
I would pick Green because our second unit needs his passing skills.

We don't have the passing skills to get the ball to a post player with passing skills.

Nuntius
06-29-2012, 01:49 PM
We don't have the passing skills to get the ball to a post player with passing skills.

Well, I was under the impression that Draymond Green had a similar skillset with Royce White and thus he could be the one getting the ball to a post player :laugh:

Doddage
06-29-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm happy with Plumlee. At least Bird did the right thing and didn't take a big risk.
Regardless of who you're taking, when you're picking at 26, the risk isn't really that "big."