PDA

View Full Version : Undrafted free agents thread... stocking the summer league team

Slick Pinkham
06-28-2012, 11:58 PM
hoping for Scott Machado, JaMycal Green, Hollis Thompson, others?

pacer4ever
06-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Henry Sims and Machado. Sims is actually a skilled big not just a big body. Kevin Jones also and Rakim Sanders and hopefully one play good and make the team. Machado IMO would make the team easy. Also love Ramone Moore he can really play.

Slick Pinkham
06-29-2012, 12:04 AM
Kevin Jones, 20 ppg at West Va from a tweener PF/SF

PacerGuy
06-29-2012, 12:05 AM
Alex Young, IUPUI?

BornReady#6
06-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Alex Young, IUPUI?

Yup, and machado, Jones, and the alabama guy.

wintermute
06-29-2012, 07:09 AM
I hope KP is a convincing talker, because otherwise I don't think we'll be able to draw the top undrafted guys. Our depth chart looks like this right now:

Hibbert/Plumlee
West/Hansbrough/Pendergraph
Granger/Jones
George/Johnson/Stephenson
Hill/Collison

That's nearly a full roster, in terms of quantity if not quality anyway. And we're probably set to add 1 or 2 vet FAs. I don't think it would look like an attractive situation for would-be training campers.

Of course, we might offer guaranteed money to guys we like to come to camp. We've done that before (remember Carl English?) with, well, mixed results. on the bright side, if we did that at least SL would be a bit more interesting.

Jeremy
06-29-2012, 07:47 AM
I want John Shurna. Dude hit 36 out of 40 threes in a workout. Plus, he's 6'8 and very athletic. Hes like an athletic Steve Novak.

Really?
06-29-2012, 08:26 AM
We probably will not bring any on, so it probably won't matter much.

Slick Pinkham
06-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Shurna would be interesting... stretch 4?

:bricks:

Justin Tyme
06-29-2012, 09:55 AM
I could see the Pacers bringing in a PG with Hill's signing up in the air. Not to mention the Pacers don't have a 3rd PG unless you consider Lance the 3rd PG. Maybe Muchado would be interested in playing SL for the Pacers. It's not like other teams don't look at the players on other teams for their own needs. Undrafted SL players are looking for exposure.

Steagles
06-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Machado, Young

Speed
06-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA): Undrafted Iona guard Scott Machado has Bobcats, Cavaliers, Hawks, Hornets, Raptors, Rockets calling for summer league, sources tell Y! 2 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/218710840558366720)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1zBzJ5izI

Slick Pinkham
06-29-2012, 11:25 AM
top 20 undrafted free agents.

yeah, it's bleacher report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1238641-nba-draft-2012-the-top-20-undrafted-players-still-available

Kstat
06-29-2012, 11:50 AM
This is our first year in the Orlando league. Wish we had Indy on our schedule...oh well.

Really?
06-29-2012, 11:58 AM
This is our first year in the Orlando league. Wish we had Indy on our schedule...oh well.

Huh? sorry I missed it...

wintermute
06-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Huh? sorry I missed it...

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/magic_to_host_airtran_airways_orlando_pro_summer_l eague_2012.html

Interesting. It used to be each team would play all the others in a round robin. I guess with more teams this year it wasn't possible.

Really?
06-29-2012, 01:53 PM
http://www.nba.com/magic/news/magic_to_host_airtran_airways_orlando_pro_summer_l eague_2012.html

Interesting. It used to be each team would play all the others in a round robin. I guess with more teams this year it wasn't possible.

Oh ok, I was wondering who his team was... but yeah we have Boston, Brooklyn, OKC, Philly, and Utah. All should be pretty interesting, I a actually looking forward to Pacers vs OKC, I wonder what PJIII will do, and how Plumlee will show.

Hypnotiq
06-30-2012, 01:02 AM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Undrafted guard Reggie Hamilton will play for the Indiana Pacers' summer league team.

No idea who this guy is anyone got info ??

pacer4ever
06-30-2012, 01:13 AM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Undrafted guard Reggie Hamilton will play for the Indiana Pacers' summer league team.

No idea who this guy is anyone got info ??

just a summer league filler IMO I watched him when Keith Benson was at Oakland I didn't like either of them for the NBA he should do well in Euro league though pretty good inefficient scorer just doesnt have the skill to make it with the big boys. Really selfish IMO and a selfish 5'10 gunslinger who never met a shot he didnt like will have a hard time trying to make a NBA team.

Casper Ware (signed with the Pistons SL roster) is the only player in that mold I like but only because he defends but I still dont think Ware is a real NBA player he may get a shot though.

tadscout
06-30-2012, 02:13 AM
Pacers Invite Reggie Hamilton, Hamady Ndaiye, and Chris Kramer to Summer League (http://www.indycornrows.com/2012/6/29/3126845/pacers-invite-reggie-hamilton-hamady-ndaiye-and-chris-kramer-to)

The summer league for the Indiana Pacers begins July 9th in Orlando. The four Pacers we know will be there are Lance Stephenson, OrlandoJohnson, Jeff Pendergraph, and Miles Plumlee. Today, Indiana added Reggie Hamilton, Hamady Ndaiye, and Chris Kramer to their roster.
Hamilton is a 5-11 point guard out of Oakland University where he averaged 26 points per game for them last season. Ndaiye played for Rutgers and was selected in the 2010 NBA Draft by the Minnesota Timberwolves at pick 56. His rights were then sent to the Wizards. Hamady has been in the DLeague three times in his career. Kramer was a fan favorite for Purdue back when he played for them from 2006-2010. Since then he's been
bouncing around playing last year in summer league then also playing with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (D-League), Mets de Guaynabo (Puerto Rico),
and S. Oliver Baskets (Germany).

According to Hamilton's agent, the Pacers were one of the teams to show the most interest in him before the draft. He might be a nice fit in Indiana, but he would have to outplay Lance Stephenson and hope the Pacers don't bring back A.J. Price and Darren Collison. This certainly is interesting in my opinion. I believe Hamilton would be a very nice asset to this team as he would bring some great scoring and another player who can create his shot. This is a small storyline to keep in mind while the Pacers are down in Orlando.

Ndaiye is a seven footer from Sengal. Hamady attended Rutgers University and did great. He became a defensive force averaging almost five blocks
per game. He's only 25 years old and still has potential, but he's been defined as a bust so far by analysts. Hamady is also playing with the Bobcats in Las Vegas to try to earn a spot. He will certainly be busy this summer. He has potential to be a great shot blocker, but he never really got the chance with the Wizards and as sent down to the D-League. He's shown flashes down there, but still no team will take the chance. He's a feel good story, but will the Pacers bring him on the opening day roster? Likely not, but just adding bodies to the summer league roster is what there doing with Ndaiye.

Kramer averaged around six points per game when he played for Purdue. He's known for his leadership and toughness on the court. The hometown
kid from Huntington, Indiana did put up 14 points per game for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants in 2010. Chris is the kind of guy that could fit the roster, but likely is just another body like Ndaiye on the summer league team. Kramer was on the Pacers summer league team in 2010 as undrafted free agent and averaged four points per game. He was then cut soon after the summer league ended. Kramer will bring some leadership and toughness to the summer league team, but that's all he will be. It's unlikely Kramer is considered to make the Pacers roster this season.

My prediction is that Reggie Hamilton will show up and play wonderful for the Pacers. I'll repeat it, Lance Stephenson needs to watch out now with
Hamilton. Hamady Ndaiye on the other hand will just be a backup to Miles Plumlee while playing down in Orlando. Chris Kramer will bring some
leadership and toughness to this young summer team squad. He will likely just be filling out the roster. There's a slim chance he's even considered to make the roster. It will be interesting to see all of the storylines play out for the Pacers in the summer league. We'll keep you updated on how the Pacers do when it begins.

To get you to know these two guys a little more, check out some highlights from Hamilton, Ndaiye, and Kramer after the jump.

TheDon
06-30-2012, 02:27 AM
blah kramer? count me as unimpressed looks like we're not really taking a look at anyone of the undrafted free agents and are just filling out a summer league roster around who we drafted along with maybe some other players on our team.

tadscout
06-30-2012, 03:18 AM
blah kramer? count me as unimpressed looks like we're not really taking a look at anyone of the undrafted free agents and are just filling out a summer league roster around who we drafted along with maybe some other players on our team.

After we sign our draft picks, and when/if we sign our RFA we will have 11 players on our roster. We tend to only use 13-14 of the 15 slots. So that leave us with 3 slots leftover to fill in FA... Really think we would want or need to fill one those slots with a UDFA?

Also with 4 of our players playing in the Summer League, taking up 4 of the 5 starting spots, and large chunk of min... Do we really seem like an attractive place for UDFA to play? - The bigger name UDFA are going to want to go somewhere they can try to prove themselves in summer league, and try to gain a roster spot on a team.

BornReady
06-30-2012, 03:18 AM
I think I remember some interest for Ndiaye the year he was drafted?

tadscout
06-30-2012, 03:20 AM
I think I remember some interest for Ndiaye the year he was drafted?

Naptown Seth was a big fan I believe.

Hypnotiq
06-30-2012, 03:23 AM
Pretty crappy guys we invited to summer league then that's disappointing there were some good undrafted people

tadscout
06-30-2012, 03:30 AM
Pretty crappy guys we invited to summer league then that's disappointing there were some good undrafted people

See my post #22 -- Why would they want to come here?

Really?
06-30-2012, 11:24 AM
After we sign our draft picks, and when/if we sign our RFA we will have 11 players on our roster. We tend to only use 13-14 of the 15 slots. So that leave us with 3 slots leftover to fill in FA... Really think we would want or need to fill one those slots with a UDFA?

Also with 4 of our players playing in the Summer League, taking up 4 of the 5 starting spots, and large chunk of min... Do we really seem like an attractive place for UDFA to play? - The bigger name UDFA are going to want to go somewhere they can try to prove themselves in summer league, and try to gain a roster spot on a team.

Yeah I said something similar to the first part earlier, but I think depending on our future plans we could bring in atleast one, much cheaper options than bringing in UFA, especially if we are signing Hibbert/Hill for more than we are expecting.

Also for people wondering about the talent on our summer league team, we could always sign someone that is on others summer league team.

pacer4ever
06-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Kevin Jones has agreed to a 3-yr, partially guaranteed deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers, sources told @SNYtv.

Only way we sign a top guy like Machado is doing the exact same thing I would as GM because I believe he can play in the league and fits a need on our team . Im pretty sure I could sell Machado on signing with the Pacers. But yes he will probably sign with a team that doesn't have 2 decent pgs. I hope he signs with the Hornets I could see him cracking their rotation next year. But then again I think he would eventually crack the Pacers rotation if we signed him. With the proper coaching (ala Brian Shaw he would really help Machado develop) I think in a few years will will be a solid backup and in time will turn into a starter quality player who plays a style of ball at pg that we dont have.

Really?
06-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Kevin Jones has agreed to a 3-yr, partially guaranteed deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers, sources told @SNYtv.

Only way we sign a top guy like Machado is doing the exact same thing I would as GM because I believe he can play in the league and fits a need on our team . Im pretty sure I could sell Machado on signing with the Pacers. But yes he will probably sign with a team that doesn't have 2 decent pgs. I hope he signs with the Hornets I could see him cracking their rotation next year. But then again I think he would eventually crack the Pacers rotation if we signed him. With the proper coaching (ala Brian Shaw he would really help Machado develop) I think in a few years will will be a solid backup and in time will turn into a starter quality player who plays a style of ball at pg that we dont have.

Lol, he might as well sign with Orlando, especially with Jameer in-between coming back and not taking his player option...

Nuntius
06-30-2012, 06:22 PM
I'd be happy with Machado.