Unclebuck
11-22-2004, 10:24 AM
I'll let you know what he says

JOneal7
11-22-2004, 10:33 AM
thanks UB

Unclebuck
11-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Slick said there was no security where he was nor behind the Pacers bench. Ben incited the crowd, and Slick said he was so proud saturday night

indygeezer
11-22-2004, 10:49 AM
How did he incite the crowd? Anything other than what I saw?

BTW Greg Garrison on WIBC just had a law prof from IU talking about the crowd. I missed most of it...did anybody hear what was said?

BigMac
11-22-2004, 10:51 AM
Thanks UB. I was wondering when we would hear from him on this. I watched the video and he walked calmly to safety when the melee broke out-you could see that he was fearful but trying to remain calm-maybe kinda in shock.

Shade
11-22-2004, 10:54 AM
That cup came very close to hitting Slick.

I want to see Slick rush into the stands and attack the fans. :devil:

MagicRat
11-22-2004, 10:55 AM
He also called the suspensions "ludicrous". He thought a half dozen games and tell the arenas to get the security squared away. Said the players got caught in circumstances that were awful.

He also said "I can't believe 1 man can penalize a franchise this much" and talked about bringing the matter to the board of governors.

A professor from the IU Law School suggested no home games for the Pistons for the rest of the season.

Garrison says the Pacers could have a civil suit against the Pistons organization because of the lack of security.

Unclebuck
11-22-2004, 10:56 AM
I have a meeting in like two minutes.

Slick said that ben walace is the face of the franchie and when ben threw the towel that incited the crowd.

Slick also had good things to say about Ronnie as a person, saying he often sits with him on the plane.

mark and slick have to be guarded in what they say, but they are very close to the players, so listen to them carefully and you pick up a lot of things.

now I am late

indygeezer
11-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Garrison just confirmed what I've questioned a couple times. In his opinion the Pacer players have huge grounds for suit against the Pistons for not providing a safe environment.

JOneal7
11-22-2004, 11:23 AM
interesting they might go to the board of governors...I hope so...we need to fight this to the end...Cause this man has crippled the franchise with his little "Enforcement"

indygeezer
11-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Jeff Smulyen (Owner WIBC and former owner of Mariners) is on Garrison now.
Said the Pacers have been decimated by Stern to the benefit of the Pistons. He even agreed that New York wouldn't have received this type of punishnment. (Smulyen says he knows Stern).
Feels something needs to be done to even this out for the Pacers TEAM...(not necessarily Ron IMO...but the team).
Also mentioned that Ron was assaulted THREE TIMES before he reacted.
1. Shoved by Ben Wallace
2 Hit by towel by Wallace
3 Hit by object thrown by fan

3 times he's hit before he reacts.