PDA

View Full Version : We need to figure out the identity of the Pistons fan who started all of this

Shade
11-22-2004, 11:21 AM
That coward in the Wallace shirt and hat has got to be the most hated person in Indiana now. I hope that moronic ****er comes to Conseco. :mad:

Natston
11-22-2004, 11:57 AM
I was hoping he'd come to the forum party... :angel:

Gyron
11-22-2004, 12:15 PM
The really big guy was Ben's Brother. The guy who actually threw the cup at Ron has been identified and the detriot police have spoken with him. According to the detriot DA said there will probably be criminal charges filed against the guy.

Gyron
11-22-2004, 12:15 PM
The really big guy that was wailing on the back on Freddie Jones was Ben's Brother from what I have read. The guy who actually threw the cup at Ron has been identified and the detriot police have spoken with him. According to the detriot DA said there will probably be criminal charges filed against the guy.

Fool
11-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Yeah, the report is they have the guy (unclear on whether he is in custody or if they have spoken to him and know where they can pick him up if they need to). They aren't releasing his name yet for obvious reasons.

sc
11-22-2004, 12:35 PM
It is not Detroit it is Auburn Hills and the Oakland County DA.

The Guys name is John Greene and according to the news he is on the run

Gyron
11-22-2004, 12:40 PM
He better hope that a Pacers fan doesn't catch him.....

He will be facing a serious smack down...

Shade
11-22-2004, 01:05 PM
It is not Detroit it is Auburn Hills and the Oakland County DA.

The Guys name is John Greene and according to the news he is on the run

So, the coward is on the run, eh? Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

GO!!!!!
11-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Lynch MOB

lets get in the Humveys and go find this SOB !!!

MagicRat
11-22-2004, 05:03 PM
http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/3938054/detail.html

Fans, Players Could Face Charges For Basketbrawl
Man Accused Of Throwing First Cup Speaks To Police

POSTED: 7:50 am EST November 22, 2004

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Police continue to identify all of the fans involved in Friday night's brawl at The Palace of Auburn Hills, while the man accused of throwing the cup that sparked the incident speaks to Local 4.

Police have identified this fan -- believed to have thrown the first beer at the Indiana Pacers' Ron Artest -- as John Green, of West Bloomfield.

John Green, of West Bloomfield, initially said he had no comment to Local 4. Green was caught on tape throwing his cup of beer onto Indiana Pacers player Ron Artest, Local 4 reported. The act sent Artest into a rage in the stands, where players and fans then fought during the game between the Pistons and the Pacers.

Green eventually commented to Local 4 Monday morning outside his West Bloomfield home, saying, "I'm not going anywhere. The police know where I live. I've talked to them already."

Green was identified over the weekend as "the fan in the white hat" who apparently threw the plastic cup of beer while Artest was sprawled on his back on a scorer's table, away from a scuffle on the court. Artest then jumped up and charged into the stands, throwing punches as he climbed over seats.

Green stepped aside and another person took the initial blow. The tape of Friday's fight then shows Green attacking Artest from behind.

Green was expected to speak with Auburn Hills police Sunday night, but did not appear, the station reported.

"I think that's what escalated the whole situation. We're certainly wanting to interview that individual. That individual knows who he is. I suggest he should turn himself in to be questioned by the Auburn Hills Police Department," said Oakland County Prosecutor David Gorcyca. "If he doesn't, I can assure you we will locate him."

Authorities were able to locate Green and have questioned him regarding the incident, Local 4 learned Monday. Green could face charges and lose his season tickets at The Palace, the station reported.

Gorcyca said the investigation will begin with Green, but the prosecutor's office is expected to announce charges against 25 to 50 other fans who participated in the fight at The Palace.

Gorcyca said anyone who threw a cup or a punch -- including players and fans -- could face criminal charges.

"The throwing of an object and striking someone constitutes an assault," said Gorcyca.

One fan in particular that police want to identify is the person who threw a chair into the crowd. Police are reviewing video from a fan who snuck a camera into the game, Local 4 reported.

Police have interviewed nine witnesses who claimed that they were assaulted by one of the Pacers, Local 4 reported Monday. Investigators continue to review video to identify others involved in the brawl.

Witness Joe Hampton said he is a season-ticket holder and was about 10 rows away from the incident Friday.

"I didn't have the instinct necessarily to take off. It's just so shocking. You just kind of freeze," said Hampton. "This happened fast and it was just kind of surreal."

Authorities are trying to confirm witness information with video of the incident.

NBA security is also reviewing the tapes and plan to speak with officials at The Palace about security measures.

NBA Players' Union To Appeal Suspensions

The suspensions given to players following Friday night's incident at the Indiana Pacers-Detroit Pistons game are expected to be appealed by the NBA players' union Monday.

NBA Commissioner David Stern suspended Pacers forward Ron Artest for the remainder of the season.

The NBA levied the stiffest penalties on three members of the Indiana Pacers. Overall, nine players from the teams were banned for 143 games. Artest is the first player to be suspended for nearly an entire season for a fight during a game.

The suspended Pistons sat out Sunday night's game between Detroit and the Charlotte Bobcats.

Hicks
11-22-2004, 05:12 PM
They need to (figuratively) lynch this son of a *****. Nail him to the wall. Make an example.

Deadshot
11-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Wow - curious to see if it would work, I found info on him[/red]. I do not advocate using this info, but here is what came up:

[color=red]I'm editing this. I will not let PD play any part in any idiot(s) out there who would actually go after this guy and use info from here to help them do it. - Hicks

Amazing what you can do *cough* nowdays :o

GO!!!!!
11-22-2004, 05:32 PM
Deadshot newbie... are you trying to bait some forum reader in to making a certian phone call ? if you are then i'd recommend you think again

in case people are inclined to do something silly, just look back at Kobe's case and remember what that guy from LA got when he rang up the Alledged Victim and abused here or what ever he did...

Deadshot
11-22-2004, 05:37 PM
No, like I said when I posted, I do not advocate using that info. I am sorry if I created any trouble.

GO!!!!!
11-22-2004, 05:38 PM
you might wanna take away where he found it.. but i'm sure it doesen't take a brain master to do it by em selfs if they really wanted to find out where this punk lives

I personally belive that the'll have his phone lines tapped allready and i doubt that anyone " true" pacer fan on this board would be that dumb... face to face sure.. i'll settle for that but ringing him or sending him a mail boob would be out of our style...

then again if i get a router that sends a phone call via Brazil and along the mexican border i might just be un traceable

Hicks
11-22-2004, 05:40 PM
It's OK, I'm not blaming you; let's just not let anyone on this board try to post info on the guy. I don't want us playing any role in hypothetically what could happen to this guy.

Deadshot
11-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Ok, Hicks, thank you for taking care of the situation.