PDA

View Full Version : Would you deal Collison/#26 for #10 and take Austin Rivers?

rousea24
06-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Chad Ford does in this back-and-forth mock draft with Bill Simmons....

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8100861/page/2/welcome-fourth-showdown-two-guys-care-nba-more-you

FORD: Breaking news: I'm trading New Orleans' no. 10 pick to the Pacers for Darren Collison and no. 26, then taking Austin Rivers for Indiana.

SIMMONS: Intriguing!

FORD: The thinking: Indiana wants another shooter and a guy who can get to the basket at will. Kevin Pritchard won't care too much about chemistry he'll want talent. I thought about Terrence Ross here, but now I'm thinking Austin Rivers is a Kevin Pritchard type of pick. An alpha dog for a team without an alpha dog. I'm not in love with Rivers, but he might be a good fit here on a veteran team that can keep him in line. As for the Hornets, they need a good point guard to pair with Anthony Davis. I'm just not feeling Jarrett Jack. They could go with Kendall Marshall here he's an elite passer who sees the floor as well as anyone in the draft. But I think he's going to get killed defensively. Killed. They had a lot of luck with Darren Collison when he played there; since the Pacers have replaced Collison with George Hill as their starter, he's expendable.

SIMMONS: Plus, anytime you can trade down 16 spots to pick up a starter someone else deemed "expendable," you have to do it. I'm just relieved you traded Rivers to any team that didn't have the letters "B-O-S-T-O-N" in it.

Really?
06-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Chad Ford does in this back-and-forth mock draft with Bill Simmons....

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8100861/page/2/welcome-fourth-showdown-two-guys-care-nba-more-you

FORD: Breaking news: I'm trading New Orleans' no. 10 pick to the Pacers for Darren Collison and no. 26, then taking Austin Rivers for Indiana.

SIMMONS: Intriguing!

FORD: The thinking: Indiana wants another shooter and a guy who can get to the basket at will. Kevin Pritchard won't care too much about chemistry he'll want talent. I thought about Terrence Ross here, but now I'm thinking Austin Rivers is a Kevin Pritchard type of pick. An alpha dog for a team without an alpha dog. I'm not in love with Rivers, but he might be a good fit here on a veteran team that can keep him in line. As for the Hornets, they need a good point guard to pair with Anthony Davis. I'm just not feeling Jarrett Jack. They could go with Kendall Marshall here he's an elite passer who sees the floor as well as anyone in the draft. But I think he's going to get killed defensively. Killed. They had a lot of luck with Darren Collison when he played there; since the Pacers have replaced Collison with George Hill as their starter, he's expendable.

SIMMONS: Plus, anytime you can trade down 16 spots to pick up a starter someone else deemed "expendable," you have to do it. I'm just relieved you traded Rivers to any team that didn't have the letters "B-O-S-T-O-N" in it.

Already being talked about in another thread:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?73367-Ford-Simmons-Mock-DC-26-for-Rivers

pezasied182
06-27-2012, 07:32 PM
I would roll the dice personally and go for it. He could give the 2nd unit a quality scorer, and he would instantly be maybe the best ball handler on the entire team. I'm not sure NO would do that trade though.

rousea24
06-27-2012, 07:33 PM
My bad....feel free to delete.

Jeremy
06-27-2012, 07:34 PM
I would do the trade, easily.